India Gets Close to Saudi Arabia

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Zardari is a Chinese tout and is endorsing Chinese policies to Arab and Iran. As per Nazam Sethi Rehman malik visted both states before Zardari's visit on USA's call. It appears to be contradicting given how above article as assess the China-Pak-Iran nexus and given typical preseption of how USA and China operate independently of each other. Just recently Nazam Sethi has suggested that Mrs. Hilary Clinton is asking India to be more assertive and want India to join US-China-India triangle. I am little confused with that statement as well, may be he is trying to say that India should assert like China or literally form a US-China-India triangle.

Last edited:

ejazr

Ambassador
Zardari is a Chinese tout and is endorsing Chinese policies to Arab and Iran. As per Nazam Sethi Rehman malik visted both states before Zardari's visit on USA's call. It appears to be contradicting given how above article as assess the China-Pak-Iran nexus and given typical preseption of how USA and China operate independently of each other. Just recently Nazam Sethi has suggested that Mrs. Hilary Clinton is asking India to be more assertive and want India to join US-China-India triangle. I am little confused with that statement as well, may be he is trying to say that India should assert like China or literally form a US-China-India triangle.
I am not sure about the Chinese tout bit. Zardari is eventually out to save his power structure. He is a very smart politician and leaving aside the corruption, he is trying to build alliances to protect Pakistani interests in conjunction with the Army establishment. So what this would mean is that many influential people in the PA are also not anymore enthusiastic about keeping the Saudis happy by not developing relations with Iran. In fact, most retd. army chiefs have been advocating closer interactions with Iran for a while now and disparaging the Saudis calling them American puppets at times.

On the Najam Sethi show about the Hilary Clinton visit, I think he didn't mean some sort of US-China-India trilateral entente but that because this triangular relationship will define the 21st century, it is in US interests that India becomes more assertive vis a vis China. And that is what Clinton wants.

But there is no doubt that Indian interests on the global level will have to be defined in terms of closer relationship with the US and a strategic caution with China. And fromt hat flows down other relationships which means closer relationships with US allies and weaning away as many allies of China away from it as possible.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Saudi Arabia is one of the few countries in the world that I absolutely despise. Everything about it is disgusting.

I do support Indo-Saudi Arab relations, but only for the oil.

agentperry

it doesnt matter how close media tells india to be close with saudi arabia. ultimately KSA is a muslim country and they have innate irreplaceable attachment with other muslim countries in which akistan is one. what ksa is pak not is that saudis have developed business mind so they now stream muslim brotherhood and business oppertunity alongside. if india and pak goes into war then KSA will emotionally be at pak's side and overtly be either neutal or india's side because of trade. even india has toed their lines many times, what is the use of supporting palestine when we have nothing to get from them even in the possible distant future also irking israel and hampering JVs.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Saudi are fucking scum. We should not cut ties with Iran for those shitholes.

Ideally we should trade with Iran and also with saudi arabia...it is never wise to stick all your eggs in one basket.

Blackwater

Saudis can be and are becoming good friend of India. They can be better if they part with their thakedar.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
This is not a good sign for Saudi Arabians.. now you will see mini-diwalis go up in Saudi as well since the Thekedaars will be pissed off bigtime. After all these years or nurturing virtuous Islamic identity in South Asia, the Saudi Arabs choose the dirty, impure kuffars! How dare they!!??:mad2::mad2::pound:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles