India- England Test Series

sob

Mod
Country flag
Monty Panesar justifies his selection with 2 early wickets. The english team would be rueing on not selecting him for the Ahmedabad test.

sob

Mod
Country flag
By the way what has happened to Sachin? After all the practice in the Ranji against 2nd/3rd level bowlers, now he has failed in successive innings. He will get a chance for redemption in the 2nd innings.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Is it on star cricket ?
Could anyone give me a live streaming link ? , My Cable wallah as usual :rage:

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Monty Panesar justifies his selection with 2 early wickets. The english team would be rueing on not selecting him for the Ahmedabad test.
Tendulkar and Sehwag , Bowled off spin :pokerface:

He must be bowling really well

sob

Mod
Country flag
At lunch India 87/3

Pujara 38(86) and
Kohli 6(26)

Both the batsmen looking good. We need them to bat through the day.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Pujara continues his good form with a half century at Mumbai.

Both the youngsters are handling the situation very well.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Oh Oh Indian batsmen not able to come to terms with English spinners.

Both Kohli and Yuvraj fall to Swann and Manesar in quick succession.

India 120/5.

Only Pujara standing tall amidst the ruins of Indian batting. MSD's demand of a turning pitch is sure backfiring on him.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Pujara stands tall amidst the ruins of Indian Innings.

India 226/6 with Cheteshwar Pujara scoring a classy 98.

The story of the Indian batting can be gauged from the fact that the second highest scorer is the no. 8 batsman Ashwin with 32 runs to his credit.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Pujara is on 99, we shall get to see back to back centuries from this young man.

80 overs are up, time for the new ball.

sob

Mod
Country flag
The young boss scores his century off a superb Boundary. He does not seem to feel any jitters on 99

Go Pujara Go.....

sob

Mod
Country flag
Ashwin on 44, has joined the party with two 4s in an Anderson over. The new ball seems to be helping the batsmen.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The young boss scores his century off a superb Boundary. He does not seem to feel any jitters on 99

Go Pujara Go.....
I am baffled at the amazing batting talent we have. A lot of folks were saying that Pujara's double ton was because of home ground advantage. Good to see him proving his detractors wrong so soon.

Reactions: sob

sob

Mod
Country flag
I am baffled at the amazing batting talent we have. A lot of folks were saying that Pujara's double ton was because of home ground advantage. Good to see him proving his detractors wrong so soon.
Just can't wait to see him perform overseas. He has the talent and the temperament to succeed in any condition.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Ashwin scores a 50 with another sparkling boundary.

sob

Mod
Country flag
India end the day at 266/6

Pujara -- 114 ( 279 balls)
Ashwin -- 60 ( 84 balls)

Pujara continues to impress with every passing minute. He came on the third ball of the day, saw 5 wickets falling around him, and in partnership with Ashwin, he has taken India to a respectable total for the first day.

We need at least 350 on the board to give our bowlers a chance, so all eyes will be on this pair tomorrow. The first hour is going to be crucial.

sob

Mod
Country flag
I am amazed, i took the weekend off and looks like the Indian Team also decided to follow suit.

MSD wanted a turning track and how the fortunes have swung. Instead of Indian spinners exploiting the English weakness for spin, it was the other way around.

Well played Ponty Singh, a superb display with a 10 wicket haul.

Our batting legend needs to pull up his socks otherwise he should be asked to drop from the test squad.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
India got out spun and lost the test.

The thing is India has to play on turners there is no doubt about that. We cannot prepare seaming tracks and hand over all the advantage to the visiting team.

The batting needs to pick up. If se can't play spinners from England, we can't play soon at all and are in serious trouble as a test team. No disrespect to Swann and Monty, but Indians used to play spin like play gilli danda. I mean we thrive on spin. If we get out spun by and English team, it really is a sad tale.

sob

Mod
Country flag
the team needs to get serious about the game and not be swayed by the rhetoric. At this level we cannot take any country for granted.

There are still two more matches to go, we should aim to win both of them comprehensively.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles