India ends bribe from Britain

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
Thanks for bothering to post comments here. I find the continuous whinging and lackadaisical writing beyond contempt.

Another article had a comment which struck a chord with reality

They will soon be begging for aid from overseas. Only we can be smart to prevent another colonization!!
It's something in the ethos of India which unites us all. The kind of poverty our peoples have went through especially 20 years ago,if it was just another country then they would have gone mad.
There is something which makes us very very resilient otherwise which great civilization can suffer relentless genocide,suppression,colonization and yet survive?

And goddam these greedy politicians who have made our people suffer so much.

One day India will rise again and it will take its rightful place in the world.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Re: India signals end of aid from Britain

what i find hard to accept is that the leaders and indeed the people of india are silent and not clamouring the world and the UN about the following :-

HOW CAN ENGLAND CLAIM TO BE GIVING AID WHEN IT IS ARE HOLDING OUR JEWELRY AND ARTIFACTS WORTH HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS ?

ENGLAND STOLE 500 BILLION and then "giveS" 20 million ( to be used to buy british products )

WE should be shouting this from all possible media - but instead we remain silent ??

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Yeah shady NGOs will stop getting aid. But who knows, they will use some other channel.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

OK guys, while we're on the subject of NGOs, I need some guidance on this NGO stuff. I keep getting calls from various NGOs and charity organizations asking for money. I have given them money very often, mainly because I find it difficult to refuse when they ask for money for such causes. Some of the organizations I have donated to in the last few months are: Desire Society, Save the Children, Ashraya old age homes, Karnataka Welfare Association for the Blind , Helpage India.

Now, how do I find out what NGOs I can donate to, and which ones I should avoid? Is there a list of known "rogue NGOs" that any of you have? Is there a list of "safe NGOs" which I can donate to without fear that the money will be funneled into anti-development protests, or leftist crap, or religious conversion activity?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

Save the Children and Helpage India are genuine I think. Always recheck though. But then it's very difficult to track. Many NGOs can be political run conduit to get ack money into India in the name of charity.

blank_quest

Country flag

OK guys, while we're on the subject of NGOs, I need some guidance on this NGO stuff. I keep getting calls from various NGOs and charity organizations asking for money. I have given them money very often, mainly because I find it difficult to refuse when they ask for money for such causes. Some of the organizations I have donated to in the last few months are: Desire Society, Save the Children, Ashraya old age homes, Karnataka Welfare Association for the Blind , Helpage India.

Now, how do I find out what NGOs I can donate to, and which ones I should avoid? Is there a list of known "rogue NGOs" that any of you have? Is there a list of "safe NGOs" which I can donate to without fear that the money will be funneled into anti-development protests, or leftist crap, or religious conversion activity?
Better is to Donate in kind rather than in Cash. give them some old cloths etc. They will subside within minutes. They have zero transparency and no accountability. Even one of them from Care Foundation came to my relatives flat when I was luckily there.I took his class and asked him to tell me, how to verify the money I have given? Firstly,He Shunted that question and I repeated that again and again. He then said, I will not know where my money is spent just because accounting method will be very lengthy.I just said 'GOOD BYE'. Better safe than sorry.

Blackwater

Sukur ha Raba tera

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

speaking of NGO's - follow the role model of Mother Teresa ....come yourself and do the work, :- dedicate yourself genuinely to uplifting others, live as humbly she did, ....that type of NGO i have no doubt india will accept !

Last edited:
Country flag

Trade alone cannot replace aid - Hindustan Times

Trade alone cannot replace aid

The standard argument of many British politicians is that a country rich enough to afford its own space and nuclear programmes can also afford to look after its poor, utterly unmindful of the fact that India also pledged $10 billion to the IMF's Eurozone bailout fund.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

There are many sites like this one.

CharityWatch Top-Rated Charities

My personal preference in the US is the Salvation Army, not the Red Cross.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

I see no article on daily mail

:hmm:

Das ka das

Tihar Jail
Banned

speaking of NGO's - follow the role model of Mother Teresa ....come yourself and do the work, :- dedicate yourself genuinely to uplifting others, live as humbly she did, ....that type of NGO i have no doubt india will accept !
Oh puhleez, MT was a suffering fanatic, she enjoyed seeing her heathen patients suffer because Christ suffered.:facepalm:

She even told Bengali women raped by the Pakis that they shouldn't have an abortion. Is that fair?

parijataka

Country flag

You could also donate to Akshaya Patra - they provide clean, nutritious food to poor government schools in 8 states. No religion involved here, food is cooked and delivered to the school.

Defenceindia2010

Country flag

Stop the talk do the walk, stop the shit 'AID' and give the British NGO's and their Indian arms 4 to 6 months to stop their activities, withdraw the workforce from every nook and corner of the nation, close offices in every state and in the end leave the nation. :tsk:

Rahul92

Some of the Thekkadar's reaction's on BBC
Maybe it's time they give us some aid
The most sensible government decision in decades. How we can continue to fund a nation which has its own nuclear weapons programme, space programme but coincidenatlly could't build a tsunami warning system beggars belief. Now let's stop the nonsense of the the rest of the foreign programme entirely and spend it where it's needed - at home, in the UK on OUR taxpaying citizens.
£200Million, i wonder where this surplus will end up? Certainly wont be in British pockets.
Perhaps now we can also see Charities like OXFAM etc not giving aid to India.
India is not poor, it just has an abnormal disribution of wealth which is maintained by the caste system.
Money for famine relief etc should be given to more deserving countries

Rahul92

A country that has a nuclear programme, a space programme and its own third world aid programme doesn't need aid from us. Why wait until 2015, though?
There's a difference between having strong ties with a country and giving them aid. Whilst we should maintain a good relationship with India, we should not be giving them money. The aid should stop now.

Poverty in India is more to do with the improper distribution of wealth, as opposed to a lack of resources overall. This is in common with all countries enslaved by capitalism.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles