India denies visa to Pervez Musharraf

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
India denies visa to Pervez Musharraf

New Delhi: New Delhi: Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf, who wanted to visit India for attending a seminar this weekend, was on Wednesday denied visa.

The decision was taken after the Home Ministry expressed reservations over the visit of the former Pakistani military ruler due to his recent anti-India statements, official sources said.

Besides, the government also did not want convergence of elements opposed to the present regime in Pakistan on Indian soil for their activities.
Click to play video
New Delhi: New Delhi: Former Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf, who wanted to visit India for attending a seminar this weekend, was on Wednesday denied visa.
The decision was taken after the Home Ministry expressed reservations over the visit of the former Pakistani military ruler due to his recent anti-India statements, official sources said.
Besides, the government also did not want convergence of elements opposed to the present regime in Pakistan on Indian soil for their activities.

Some Musharraf's supporters had also applied to the Indian High Commission in Islamabad for a visa to visit India around the time he was planning to travel here and the three other metros, the sources said.

India was wary about a number of his supporters seeking visas - giving rise to concern that he might indulge in political propaganda, ahead of a planned comeback into politics in Pakistan.

Musharraf had been invited to attend a seminar hosted by the Young Presidents Organisation, an international outfit involving influential business leaders. The conference was scheduled to be held in Delhi on Saturday.

The former Pakistan president was among the guest speakers at the event.

In response, Major General Rashid Qureshi, spokesperson for Pervez Musharraf told CNN-IBN, "Its unfortunate that Indian government is upset or under confident that they have denied General Musharraf visa."

He also added," Its a shame." He said that he did not think that India can prevent statements by preventing visa to Musharraf.

Musharraf, currently living in self-exile in Britain, had recently said that India was responsible for creating unrest in Pakistan's south-western Baluchistan province and authorities have "solid evidence" in this regard.

He claimed that the involvement of India and Afghanistan in Baluchistan was creating unrest in the province. He was also the key architect of the Kargil war.

Almost a decade ago, Musharraf had visited India for the Agra summit and made two more visits in 2005 and 2009. In 2005, he visited India as President for watching an Indo-Pak one day cricket match and in 2009 to attend a media event after shedding power.
What a resounding thappad on the face of Musharaff, murderer of Indian soldiers during Kargil. Well done India!!!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
All out of power Presidents and Prime Ministers and more so those in exile, love to come to India to attend seminars and project their personal agenda and also show how much they care for Pakistan.

India is an important destination since for these out of power Pakistani politicians since whatever they say in India will have huge coverage in the Pakistani media and hence they get free wide coverage of their views.

The denial of visa is a serious blow, thus, for Micky Musharraf since he will lose the coverage in Pakistan, which would be a big platform for him and his to be launched political party.

Poor Musharraf!

No one seems to like him any more.

Oracle

Nice to know we have hungry dogs waiting across the border for our bread and butter!!!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Damn why did they deny him visa? He is doing better work for india since he fell out of favor. He has developed this foot in mouth disease which is helping india. Last time he was here he was given an ear full by an indian muslim MP,

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
^^ Forget it. We don't need to explain to enemies who we are or what we think. Let them think whatever they can and hence let's just congratulate our government for once doing something sensible. Ousted leaders of terrorist countries are not allowed in India. In fact, I share a grudge about why Pakistanis are allowed to come to India and make money in Bollywood. This is the most shameless part of our glamour industry; do anything for cheap publicity; even encourage murderers of Indian Army soldiers.

IMO ALL Pakistanis living in India off living money must be thrown out with an insult on their faces.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Get him in here, for what?

So that he can get more publicity points and make his longawaited, godanticipated, prognosticated 'comeback' to Pakistan?

Thanks, but no thanks. I don't want filthy flobbin' d1cktators in my country.

mayfair

We have enough homegrown filth (Arundhati, Bidwai et al) in our country no need to import foreign scallies to sully our land and waters. This wanker has abused our hospitality every time we've hosted him here.

ganesh177

Country flag
I think the visa should had been granted to musharraf .

And as soon as he sets his foot in india he should be arrested for raging a war against india, supporting terrorism infrastructure and been the cause of death of many innocent indian civilians.

Kasab deserves some company.

IBM

Why now. He should not be given visa earlier also during India Today conclave.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Good one. we dont need to give multi-state visa to the enemy of the state. also i don't think that he has got any courage left to enter pakistan again.

Quickgun Murugan

All out of power Presidents and Prime Ministers and more so those in exile, love to come to India to attend seminars and project their personal agenda and also show how much they care for Pakistan.

India is an important destination since for these out of power Pakistani politicians since whatever they say in India will have huge coverage in the Pakistani media and hence they get free wide coverage of their views.

The denial of visa is a serious blow, thus, for Micky Musharraf since he will lose the coverage in Pakistan, which would be a big platform for him and his to be launched political party.

Poor Musharraf!

No one seems to like him any more.
Well said! Musshhy is looking for political platform to address people in Pakistan. His presence in UK and USA is making absolutely no difference to his political image. He recently was here in Chicago, with absolutely no media attention to him. No one cares about him and that's the way this should be.

Coming in India, automatically means Pakistan will start showing interest in him. India should never be his platform, ever.

I think the visa should had been granted to musharraf .

And as soon as he sets his foot in india he should be arrested for raging a war against india, supporting terrorism infrastructure and been the cause of death of many innocent indian civilians.

Kasab deserves some company.
We could have done that when he came for India today conclave.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Thank you Musharaff. Keep your a** out of this country and spare your BS.

I won't come to India ever: Musharraf

Ruchika Talwar Posted online: Fri Dec 03 2010, 09:40 hrs
New Delhi : "I don't plan to come to India ever again," says Pervez Musharraf.

The former Pakistan President and Army chief, who was denied a visa by the Indian government, says he doesn't believe it was because New Delhi believed he was the main person behind Kargil. He also asks why he was reassured time and again that he would get a visa before the denial came.

"I have no words to explain my disappointment," Musharraf told The Indian Express over the phone, from his home in Dubai. "Meri ummeedon pe paani fer diya aapki government nay (Your government has dashed my hopes)... I think it shows a lack of confidence on the part of India to face me."

Pointing out that he had met both former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee and Manmohan Singh after Kargil, the former General said he didn't believe his role in the war prompted the move.

"I mean, that's a very silly reason... All this rapprochement that I initiated has been washed down the drain. Why was I allowed to come three times between Kargil and now if that is the case?"

He says he is yet to be communicated the official reason for the denial of the visa. "I think the denial has come from either India's Ministry of Interior (Home) or Foreign Ministry. If it is Interior, they were wary of the law and order situation, or my comments on terrorism, Kashmir perhaps. Or could it be what I said on Muslim extremism being on the rise in India? I frankly don't know."

Even his comments on India's role in Balochistan — another reason being cited — are not new, Musharraf says. "I have been saying this for quite some time. If you read WikiLeaks, you'll know... It's not based on hearsay. Nawab Akbar Bugti's grandson Brahamdagh Bugti is being supported by India, I've known that for years and I told Bush about it. I told Karzai about it. What's new now?"

He claims the denial of visa came as a total surprise. "I was relaxed all this while. I have been travelling the world the past few months and everywhere I went, I was assured by the local Indian diplomatic missions that the visa would be granted. They kept saying, "don't worry" in London, then in New York, Chicago, Toronto and even here in Dubai. But the manner in which they dragged it to the last day and then fell silent is absolutely shocking... This came as a shock even to the Indian High Commissioner here in Dubai."

The former Pakistani president also claims Delhi's decision is not what the people of India want. "It is not in line with the feeling of the people," he asserts.

Declaring that he would never come to India again, Musharraf says: "I believe in my honour and dignity. When Indian and Pakistani forces were eyeball-to-eyeball in 2002, I went to attend the SAARC Summit in Kathmandu, for which I was permitted to fly over the Indian airspace... I chose to route my plane via Beijing instead."

SHASH2K2

New Delhi, Dec 3 (IANS) Days after New Delhi denied a visa to him, former Pakistani military rule Pervez Musharraf has blamed an Indian official for failure of the 2001 Agra peace summit between the countries.

Musharraf said the summit was going on smoothly till then joint secretary in charge of Pakistan division Vivek Katju intervened.

'There was someone from the (Indian) foreign ministry sitting there named Katju. He may still be there, he created a lot of hurdles,' said the former military dictator who ruled Pakistan 1999 to 2008.

He was speaking to Hindi TV channel News 24 in an interview done in Dubai two days after India denied him a visa to attend a conference in New Delhi on Saturday.

Katju is now secretary (West) in the ministry of external affairs.

The latest from Musharraf is in contradiction to his earlier claims about the failure of his meeting with then prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee in Agra. In his book 'In the Line of Fire', Musharraf claims that someone 'above' him and Vajpayee had scuttled the talks and humiliated Pakistanis.

The former Pakistani army chief, also blamed for the Kargil military conflict, is living in exile in Britain and is currently in Dubai.

In the past few months, Musharraf has been accusing India of fomenting trouble in Balochistan.

Vajpayee and Musharraf met in Agra July 15 and 16, 2001 to resolve long-standing issues between India and Pakistan. But the summit collapsed as the two sides couldn't arrive at any agreement, despite five one-to-one rounds between the two leaders and hours of discussion between the two delegations.

Musharraf also revealed that Al Qaeda terror network chief Osama bin Laden was suffering from diabetes and was on dialysis and 'I cannot be sure if he alive'.

'The dialysis report was from ISI and I don't know he may have died in the mountains,' he said.

ganesh177

Country flag
Now that he is insulted enough by visa denial, the dog will go barking wild everywhere.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles