India defines outer limit of weapons programme

J

John

John,
Seriously man you got to be kidding me with those range and payload relation. I've told you before as well it's not that simple an equation.
On having my car full say each weighing 60 kgs means a total of 300 kgs I get 15km to a litre. If I drive alone, will I get 75 a litre?
well bro i am only stating what DRDO already claims

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MISSILES/Images/A3_Varients_15c.jpg

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MISSILES/Images/Agni14.jpg

Even Agni-2 with stage 1, stage 2 and RV with HAM and payload of 500kg can reach a max. alt. of 1195km and extract a max. range of 7108 km, sure it has not been field tested but supercomputing simulations have shown its absolute maximum performance. we only keep a low profile by stating the absolute minimum our missiles can do. Even with 1000 kg payload it can have a range of over 3500km.

Agni-3A Configuration:

A 3 stage missile consisting of A2FS(S32), A3MUS(S9), A3CUS(S4) and MIRV-Mk2 payload.

Height: 17 m.

Mass: 51 ton

Performance: 8,100Km (1,500Kg)

Agni-3C Configuration:

Agni-3A consisting of A2FS(S32), A3MUS(S9), A3SUM(120-14) and MIRV-Mk4 payload.

Height: 14.6 m.

Mass: 45 ton

Performance: 10,300Km (1,050Kg)

Agni-3SL Configuration:

Agni-3A consisting of A2FS(S27), A3CUS(S7), A3SUM(120-14) and MIRV-Mk4 payload.

Height: 12.2 m.

Mass: 38 ton

Performance: 5,200Km (1,400Kg), 7,200Km (1,050Kg), 11,600Km(700kg)

Agni-3TD Configuration:

Agni-3A consisting of A2FS(S32), A3MUS(S9)and RV-Mk3 payload.

Height: 16.7 m.

Mass: 48 ton

Performance: 4,100Km (1,500Kg)

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/MISSILES/Images/A3_Varients_15c.jpg

The added range comes from additional stages and RV with HAM.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
John,

Those are all assumptions and range can be enhanced only by adding more motors.
Your claim was that the range could be just increased by reducing payload which is not correct.

gokulakannan

Wow. I'm stunned. I'd expect politicians to sing platitudes of peace but a military man? Has he forgotten that India was colonised by a small island thousands of kilometers away from Asia? The next threat could come from anywhere, and hence we must be always prepared for any eventuality. Learn from the Chinese. They are arming themselves so that no one in the present or future, including the US, will even think of going to war against them.

And here are our politicians, military men and all the leaders that matter-clinging to the same old pacifist ideology that has been the bane of India for millennia. Seems that we never learn from our or our forefathers' mistakes.
I agree with u.

gokulakannan

Let us send letter to MR.Metha about our discussions. Let him understand the facts.

J

John

i am pretty sure we have many Agni-2 missiles with RV/HAM in operational service, missiles capable of hitting Beijing, off course any range increase will come from added thrust, however payload weight will still determine how far it will go with the added stages. And since Agni-2 is fully operational i am sure we have very long range versions in active service.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles