India defence budget analysis since 2000 (Just some fun with numbers)

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Re: India defence budget analysis since 2000(Just some fun with number

i don't think china considers india as a serious competitor in many aspects. the gap between these countries will be even larger in the coming years. the only country in the world that the sole superpower US considers as a potential rival is china, but not russia, india nor north korea.
True , China seems to follow "Look East" policy i.e U.S.A. Looks like what ever they are doing towards their west vis-a-vis Pakistan&India is posturing as a superior power. Then again it is in our best interest to secure India's borders with china with a strong show of defensive force. Then again from what i understand through out China's history they had a stated policy to lure the enemy into their territory and defeat their enemy inside their borders, Let us hope for everybody's sake that policy has not changed.

HMS Astute

Re: India defence budget analysis since 2000 (Just some fun with numbe

How about East Vs West war without Nuclear weapons :eyebrows:
east would be completely crushed and humiliated in full scale conventional war! :amen:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

east would be completely crushed and humiliated in full scale conventional war! :amen:
Just like the humiliation and shameful defeat that you suffered at the hands of the French and Normans at the Battle of Hastings. The entire region of England got conquered and from then on was/is ruled by Franco-Norman monarchs.

:amen::namaste:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

My two cents on china being a "SUPERPOWER"

I think points mentioned below are some of the attributes to being a "SUPERPOWER".

1) Dramatic increase in the number of countries with which China's navy can make port-call, right now the number is in single digits. Port call is a protocol by which Friendly navies will allow each others ships to dock at their naval ports (like a house visit). Increase in port-calls is a hint the chinese navy has increased their range farther than their main land.

2) They have airforce (combat proven bombers or fighter) which can reach at least till northwest africa directly , That would mean they have friendly nations in between to refuel their bombers. China to africa basically means they are able to reach half way around the globe with dominance.

3) Increase in army bases out side of china's mainland on par with U.S.A

You will notice in all these points U.S.A is well established. Hence they have a right to be a super power.However if in the future China has acted on all three points mentioned by me , Then we have a real issue. Till then they are just a regional economic power definitely not a "SUPERPOWER".

Last edited:

HMS Astute

Just like the humiliation and shameful defeat that you suffered at the hands of the French and Normans at the Battle of Hastings. The entire region of England got conquered and from then on was/is ruled by Franco-Norman monarchs.

:amen::namaste:
we surly lost countless wars especially to france! (also known as cheese eating surrender monkeys) :facepalm:

Battle of Evesham - August 4, 1265
Battle of Crecy - August 26, 1346
Battle of Poitiers - September 19, 1356
Battle of Auray - September 29, 1364
Battle of Shrewsbury - July 21, 1403
Battle of Agincourt - October 25, 1415
Battle of Cravant - July 31, 1423
Battle of Sedgemoor - July 6, 1685
Battle of Oudenarde - July 11, 1708
Battle of Trafalgar - October 21, 1805
Battle of Albuera - May 16, 1811
Battle of Badajoz - March 16-April 6, 1812
Battle of Salamanca - July 22, 1812
Battle of Vitoria - June 21, 1813
Battle of Leipzig - October 16-19, 1813
Battle of Bladensburg - August 24, 1814
Battle of Waterloo - June 18, 1815
Battle of Navarino - October 20, 1827
Battle of Balaclava - October 25, 1854
Battle of the Somme - November 18, 1916
Battle of Togoland - August 26, 1914
First Battle of the Marne - September 5-10, 1914
Battle of Ypres - October 19-November 22, 1914
Battle of Vimy Ridge - April 9-12, 1917
Battle of Belleau Wood - June 1-26, 1918
Battle of Amiens -August 8-11, 1918
Battle of Britain - July 1940-October 1940
Battle of Normandy - June 6, 1944-August 25, 1944
Operation Dragoon - August 15, 1944
Battle of Scheldt - October 2, 1944-November 8, 1944
Operation Varsity - March 24, 1945
Falklands War - April 2 - June 14th, 1982
Operation Desert Storm - January 15, 1991
Operation Iraqi Freedom - March 19, 2003

Paris

London

let alone the fact that their mighty napoleon was died in british prison as a prisoner.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

we surly lost countless wars especially to france! (also known as cheese eating surrender monkeys) :facepalm:

Battle of Evesham - August 4, 1265
Battle of Crecy - August 26, 1346
Battle of Poitiers - September 19, 1356
Battle of Auray - September 29, 1364
Battle of Shrewsbury - July 21, 1403
Battle of Agincourt - October 25, 1415
Battle of Cravant - July 31, 1423
Battle of Sedgemoor - July 6, 1685
Battle of Oudenarde - July 11, 1708
Battle of Trafalgar - October 21, 1805
Battle of Albuera - May 16, 1811
Battle of Badajoz - March 16-April 6, 1812
Battle of Salamanca - July 22, 1812
Battle of Vitoria - June 21, 1813
Battle of Leipzig - October 16-19, 1813
Battle of Bladensburg - August 24, 1814
Battle of Waterloo - June 18, 1815
Battle of Navarino - October 20, 1827
Battle of Balaclava - October 25, 1854
Battle of the Somme - November 18, 1916
Battle of Togoland - August 26, 1914
First Battle of the Marne - September 5-10, 1914
Battle of Ypres - October 19-November 22, 1914
Battle of Vimy Ridge - April 9-12, 1917
Battle of Belleau Wood - June 1-26, 1918
Battle of Amiens -August 8-11, 1918
Battle of Britain - July 1940-October 1940
Battle of Normandy - June 6, 1944-August 25, 1944
Operation Dragoon - August 15, 1944
Battle of Scheldt - October 2, 1944-November 8, 1944
Operation Varsity - March 24, 1945
Falklands War - April 2 - June 14th, 1982
Operation Desert Storm - January 15, 1991
Operation Iraqi Freedom - March 19, 2003

The destruction of England at the hands of the French.

The glorious English army getting slaughtered and destroyed by the French and Norman horsemen.

Battle of Hastings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tune in a couple of hundred years later and now one FRENCH WOMAN DESTROYS ENTIRE ENGLISH ARMIES ======> JOAN OF ARC,THE MAID OF ORLEANS.

SADLY THE CIVILIZED ENGLISHMEN BURN HER AT THE STAKE. STILL THEY LOSE THE HUNDRED YEAR`S WAR AGAINST THE FRENCH.

Joan of Arc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hundred Years' War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

HMS Astute

My two cents on china being a "SUPERPOWER"

I think points mentioned below are some of the attributes to being a "SUPERPOWER".

1) Dramatic increase in the number of countries with which China's navy can make port-call, right now the number is in single digits. Port call is a protocol by which Friendly navies will allow each others ships to dock at their naval ports (like a house visit). Increase in port-calls is a hint the chinese navy has increased their range farther than their main land.

2) They have airforce (combat proven bombers or fighter) which can reach at least till northwest africa directly , That would mean they have friendly nations in between to refuel their bombers. China to africa basically means they are able to reach half way around the globe with dominance.

3) Increase in army bases out side of china's mainland on par with U.S.A

You will notice in all these points U.S.A is well established. Hence they have a right to be a super power.However if in the future China has acted on all three points mentioned by me , Then we have a real issue. Till then they are just a regional economic power definitely not a "SUPERPOWER".
in my understanding the west consists of nato and it's allies, including japan, south korea, australia, new zealand, singapore, , saudi arabia, and israel etc.

HMS Astute

The destruction of England at the hands of the French.
dude! i kindly suggest you stay on topic and quit trolling if you have nothing to contribute. let others discuss about the main subject of this thread peacefully.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

dude! i kindly suggest you stay on topic and quit trolling if you have nothing to contribute. let others discuss about the main subject of this thread peacefully.

You are posting anti Indian comments. You said that the east would be destroyed in a war. Kindly refrain from making such troll posts and I will do the same. Do not think that you still rule over us. Also you are now shying away from the truth. After I showed England`s humiliations at the hands of the French you resorted to calling such posts as troll posts. After all truth hurts.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

in my understanding the west consists of nato and it's allies, including japan, south korea, australia, new zealand, singapore, , saudi arabia, and israel etc.
Correct, A Super Power needs allies who can go out on a limb if needed. China does not have such an alliance at this point in time.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

Appreciated if we can get back to Original topic Plz, i.e trying to minimise the 50 billion USD difference .

Thank you.

HMS Astute

You are posting anti Indian comments.
so, you think that the definition of east applies only to india? and please tell me which comment is considered anti indian?

You said that the east would be destroyed in a war.
you're really getting on my nerves now. your comment clearly shows not only how narrow-minded you're, but you really are suffering from a massive inferiority complex. let alone your emotion and sensitivity.

Kindly refrain from making such troll posts and I will do the same.
you're the one started this irrelevant topic which in my opinion is trolling.

Do not think that you still rule over us.
the other guy posted a question "how about east vs west non-nuclear war", and i simply answered the question based on my opinion, but you're the one being so touchy here.

Also you are now shying away from the truth. After I showed England`s humiliations at the hands of the French you resorted to calling such posts as troll posts.
obviously you're just utterly clueless and don't know what you're on about. although the stupidity should be addressed, the ignorance can't be fixed indeed.

After all truth hurts.
this is rather funny, considering the fact that french are globally known as "surrender monkeys" and i have educated you regarding with this matter which has nothing to do with the discussion.

Last edited:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

@HMS Astute

You started the thing by "expressing your own opinion" and posting pics of unknown battles. Also I am not being sensitive but just saying the truth like you are doing. You said that you expressed your opinion n the matter of war.

Here is my OT opinion on Indian defense budget. In 20-30 years the defense spending of India will go up considerably. India will become a superpower by then. Also if there is WW 3 after 20 years India is going to annihilate Britain(or whatever it is called after Scotland gets independence). If Britain goes to war against India in 20 year`s time your tale will be etched in the second Bayeux Tapestry.(Bayeux Tapestry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) That is my humble opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

so, you think that the definition of east applies only to india? and please tell me which comment is considered anti indian?
Fact that I learnt today, there is no subject known as geography in English schools. No point arguing with you. You indeed know more than me.

HMS Astute

Here is my OT opinion on Indian defense budget. In 20-30 years the defense spending of India will go up considerably. India will become a superpower by then. Also if there is WW 3 after 20 years India is going to annihilate Britain(or whatever it is called after Scotland gets independence). If Britain goes to war against India in 20 year`s time your tale will be etched in the second Bayeux Tapestry.(Bayeux Tapestry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) That is my humble opinion.
i've decided just to ignore some of your pathetic accusations. and regarding with the west v east full scale conventional war, i believe that the west will win due to many advantages in several aspects although we can't ignore and underestimate the fact that east is much bigger in terms of manpower and resources which will significantly contribute to this kind of major conflict in the long term. i reckon in this scenario, countries such as japan, south korea, singaopre, malaysia, phillippines, australia, new zealand, united states emirate, saudi arabia, and isreal will side with the west as we have already established such strong relationships with them in many fields on the global scale. as of today, nato alone spends 70% of the world's total military budget and the economy gdp of nato plus japan and australia is about $45 trillion, despite the fact that they are having a lot lower population even compared to india or china alone. the other guy above mentioned that how chinese can deploy it's bombers and military units in african continent, but the fact of the matter is that africa is basically still controlled by the west (i know it sounds ironic and ridiculous right) in many ways, in addition to that, it is just a stone throw away from europe's doorstep. if you have a loot at the capabilities of the rising powers all around the world, only a handful amount of them are capable of projecting power globally, and i am afraid, neither china or india is one of them. although the chinese military capability has been improving over the past years, it stills lacks the advanced and cutting edge technology which the west has been possessing since a long time. not to mention that neither the chinese nor indian navies are considered "blue water" with maritime expeditionary capabilities. us navy's 7th fleet alone will give the chinese navy a very tough time. let alone the combined firepower of the japanese, south korean and aussie navies in the regions which will have the upper hand over out dated chinese vessels. regarding with your bitter remark about the uk is this and that, i'd rather not response as i find it utterly pathetic.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag

i believe that the west will win due to many advantages in several aspects although we can't ignore and underestimate the fact that east is much bigger in terms of manpower and resources which will significantly contribute to this kind of major conflict in the long term. i reckon in this scenario, countries such as japan, south korea, singaopre, malaysia, phillippines, australia, new zealand, united states emirate, saudi arabia, and isreal will side with the west as we have already established such strong relationships with them in many fields on the global scale. as of today, nato alone spends 70% of the world's total military budget and the economy gdp of nato plus japan and australia is about $45 trillion, despite the fact that they are having a lot lower population even compared to india or china alone. the other guy above mentioned that how chinese can deploy it's bombers and military units in african continent, but the fact of the matter is that africa is basically still controlled by the west (i know it sounds ironic and ridiculous right) in many ways, in addition to that, it is just a stone throw away from europe's doorstep. if you have a loot at the capabilities of the rising powers all around the world, only a handful amount of them are capable of projecting power globally, and i am afraid, neither china or india is one of them.
Sorry I am just an ignorant uncouth native. I cannot respond to your knowledgeable utterings. I would not like to derail this thread anymore so please continue enlightening us, your royal majesty.

HMS Astute

Sorry I am just an ignorant uncouth native. I cannot respond to your knowledgeable utterings. I would not like to derail this thread anymore so please continue enlightening us, your royal majesty.
[offtopicmoodon] the majority of the countries on the african continent are either british or french colonies. the west stills has direct access and the upper hand over these countries until now. further more, europe has more advantage due to it's proximity. you can still find the british or french influences in africa. many african population speak english or french as their official language. if you look at the recent conflicts we did engage and also we have still intervened in african countries eg libya, mali etc, you will find the strong relationships between their people and the western countries. whenever they experience with the internal problems, clashes and conflicts between their own dictators, regimes, governments and civilians, the countries that they always look up to and request to get assistance are not china, india, pakistan or north korea, but the western countries via united nations security council or directly. [/offtopicmoodoff]

nobody is denying that china is a very strong country in terms of productivity output and economic power. but, they still have a long way to go when it comes to military power. china also lacks the military bases therefore it lacks the power projection compared to the countries with their own oversea military territories and bases around the world. india military budget is rising which i find it a very positive thing, considering that potential threats in the region which india has to eliminate simultaneously in all different directions and locations. at the moment, china's military budget is roughly 4x bigger than india and i hope that india will be able to catch up with the chinese military spending when it economy grows at supersonic speed in the coming years.

Last edited:

Eastman

Country flag

Cold war mentality or even more historic ?:truestory:

HMS Astute

Cold war mentality or even more historic ?:truestory:
it is just my opinion based on facts such as oversea military bases (US alone has around 800), technology, naval power (more than 1 dozen carriers armed with 1100 fighter jets could be despatched if necessary), wealthy and developed allied nations such as japan, south korea, australia etc which would massively backup the west in this conflict, defence budget (NATO alone spends 70% of the world's total defence budget), huge economy ($45 trillion GDP), massive power projection, training, tactics, combat experience, professionalism and strategies of the western elite troops etc.

Eastman

Country flag

it is just my opinion based on facts such as oversea military bases (US alone has around 800), technology, naval power (more than 1 dozen carriers armed with 1100 fighter jets could be despatched if necessary), wealthy and developed allied nations such as japan, south korea, australia etc which would massively backup the west in this conflict, defence budget (NATO alone spends 70% of the world's total defence budget), huge economy ($45 trillion GDP), massive power projection, training, tactics, combat experience, professionalism and strategies of the western elite troops etc.
If it is East Vs West I suppose Japan, Koreas and the like as be in East, accepted US may have good deployment but it will run out of armoury against the East, regarding the rest of the west thier capabilities are quiet laughable without US. :truestory:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles