India could be working on a third stealth fighter: Report

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
I agree - unless this is a 6th generation unmanned stealth combat drone - ONLY that would make some sense.
Tracked SP artillary, light artillary, induction of Astra etc should be fast tracked.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
More than a third full fledged fighter, I think this is more to do like competing bids for the AMCA project where two design units are competing for their design to be selected. Come on, we hardly have the budget to induct 2 different types of jets into our air force that too stealth 5th generation and this reporter is talking about a third?

I think first ADA and HAL should get quick with Tejas MK2 and MK1 before even thinking about making AMCA (let alone a third fighter).

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
I think this was the first prototype design for Tejas. Looks meaner than what Tejas is today-- today it looks cute rather than mean.
To be honest, it looks like a old Japanese anime..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Two stealth project is ok, third would be fraud on people of this country, we have other pressing needs, we have to raise the living standard of our people.

p2prada

What is this??
Reminds me of the F-16 XL. This is a cranked arrow type among delta wings.

The F-16XL was meant for the Enhanced Tactical Fighter program of the USAF in which the F-15E won. It's design was meant for delivering strike packages like the F-15E, FB-22 and F-35 and not air superiority like the LCA or Mirage-2000.

For anybody interested, the XL had 27 hard points.

Had the LCA continued this design, ADA would have shut shop 10 years ago.

agentperry

stealth feature should be introduced in as many aircrafts as possible. it will ensure better surviving chances of IAF jets. making tejas more advanced is a good decision-cuz u already have a platform and u only need to improve it rather than making new one.
aur hum koi 80 k dashak k soviet toh hain nahi ki hanger banne se pehle hi aircraft bana le.

Dark_Prince

Probably in-time to come we will hear all such jazz, and eventually you will find IAF buying F-35 (calling it Medium/Light fighter for much needed requirement)

Parthy

Air Warrior
Why can't they implement some stealth features with LCA MkII? Instead of going for full fledged Stealth fighter... But unfortunately they freezed the structural change for MK2 with very minimal changes - just to be on the safer side to avoid taking risks.. They don't even have confidence on them even after delivering a complete fighter platform like LCA MK1...

I think this article might not carry much authenticity...

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ MK-2 will be delivering what it was supposed to deliver. 'What else' could have been incorporated in it, will only add delays ignoring the urgent demand to fill numbers. MK2 is the modest but best bet at least for now. LO/VLO requirements will be fulfilled by other projects.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Although this forum is excellent source of latest development in the Indian Defence Sector for me but can some one give me the list of all the stealth equipped aircrafts developed and produced in India 100%. This term "Generation" is very confusing for me since I have been out of touch with the Indian Defence Sector news.

Can some one from the forum give me links to read up on different generation of aircrafts to be able to express my view point on this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Two stealth project is ok, third would be fraud on people of this country, we have other pressing needs, we have to raise the living standard of our people.
First we need a new government. These wretches cannot even handle terrorism and talk big about a third stealth fighter. Look what happened in Mumbai... it is not even three years since 26/11 and this is the security management in the country.

Parthy

Air Warrior
^^ MK-2 will be delivering what it was supposed to deliver. 'What else' could have been incorporated in it, will only add delays ignoring the urgent demand to fill numbers. MK2 is the modest but best bet at least for now. LO/VLO requirements will be fulfilled by other projects.
Do you think adding a bit of stealth feature is going to increase project delay in a big extent? Am not suggesting for a maximum stealth, just a massage on the outer structure to deflect the radar waves, adding to the RAM coating.. Its just increases the survivability.. At least few features like this could have added some value to the agency's skills so that they can incorporate the same in a better way into AMCA..

sandeepdg

Well, I am not buying this bullshit story ! First get yourself a full fledged modular advanced assault rifle for the IA, then think about inducting 3rd or 4th stealth fighters !! Lazy Freaking dreamers !

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles