India & China were the biggest economies throughout recorded history

jouni

Re: India & China were the biggest economies throughout recorded histo

It took one year for Churchill to kill 6 Million Indians in 2nd world war while Hitler took 10 years to kill 6 million Jews...

There was no Marshal plan for India... Do not compare Apple with Oranges...
Tzot, tzot... you are talking besides the point, circling around the question like cat circles a hot pot of porridge...

bose

Country flag

Tzot, tzot... you are talking besides the point, circling around the question like cat circles a hot pot of porridge...
How many billions of US $ did Europe got for re building ??

Last edited:

jouni

How many wars did germany and japan fight after the world war ---none.

India had to fight three more wars.

And not only that. Germany and japan were not colonized, looted and made a captive market for the looter's goods for the past 300 years .

On the contrary japan built the biggest battle ship in the world by world war two and germans were the father of jet engine and rockets and so many other cutting edge tech at that time . they had the training and the man power.

US allowed its open markets for japanese goods after world war and marshal plan was structured for the war ravaged economies of Europe with great aid from US .

But india and china lost their independence two hundreds years before ,and they had no say in the policies that were formulated for them by their colonial looters and had no higher learning institutions and advanced industries at that time.

Most of the raw cotton and silk were bought out of india at the prices determined by british and and processed in mills back home to be sold here at the price they desired in the captive colonial market called india.

India lost more than 60000 soldiers in world wars to fight for british interests with zero benefits to india. Some of the most intense land battles were won by indian soldiers for their colonial masters paying a great price in blood.

From 1900 to 1940 indian economy was run with the sole aim of supporting british war efforts further impoverishing the already looted country.

Also during independence time communist ideology was ruling the roost in Asia , so both india and china followed communist economic model for a few more decades further reducing the growth rates.

once they changed track to market economy they are growing fast for the past two decades. And achieving many scientific feats with limited money and subsidizing large poor population.
Listen to Asianobserver, he got the point. Start actively improving a realistic sense of your past and future. Looks like the Brits also stole your soul and forgot to give it back. Try to regain your national pride, but dont overdue it, like the Russians.

jouni

How many billions of US $ did Europe got ??
You can do without the Marshal aid, Finland got 0$, instead we had to pay to the allies 5 Bn in current money. Still we are one of the most affluent countries in Europe. Education, Equality, Ethics follow those three E´s and you´ll be fine.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

This kind of reply is not fit for meaningful debate.

India and China lost their independence and the ability to make policies suited to their growth two centuries back and were held as captive markets by colonial looters with most of its population illiterate , with very few basic irrigation projects,next to nothing industry and higher learning institutions.

For example before the construction of Bhavani Sagar dam before independence the entire Erode district was very poor.

The Dam with extensive canal network was constructed in Kamaraj's tenure as Chief minister and now for the past fifty years three crops were grown continuously and the district now has fifty engineering colleges . In 1947 there was not even a single polytechnic or Arts college in the entire district.

Now we have close to 90 percent literacy level and if you walk by a street there are at least ten houses that have an Engineering or medicine graduate.

it was the colonial robber looter cats that circled and ate up all the natural resources and wealth of these two countries for the past three centuries which resulted in the present state of affairs.

Last edited:

jouni

I really do not understand you, I will talk with a Finnish historian, maybe he can tell me how Brits could loot you hundreds of years ago and you are still suffering. F**K we were under Swedish and Russian rule for 700 years and are doing just fine.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

You can do without the Marshal aid, Finland got 0$, instead we had to pay to the allies 5 Bn in current money. Still we are one of the most affluent countries in Europe. Education, Equality, Ethics follow those three E´s and you´ll be fine.
You are smarting for just paying back 5B in current money!!!!

Just take a calculator and do some home work what will be the current worth of the total loot carried from india and china by the European colonial looters for the past two centuries ,

and you will understand the point being made here,

One simple example is Tirupathi temple which houses the Lord balaji alone lost 45 crores of devotees offerings to the looting british government just before independence, if you adjust it to today's currency it will alone far exceed 5B your entire nation got to pay for world war.

now Tirupathi is the second richest temple in the world , with single day offering to Lord exceeding many million dollars each day.

And the entire funds were used for the developments of the surrounding area.

Even Gods were not spared by the European colonial looters!!!!, Then think about the state of mere mortals.

Last edited:

bose

Country flag

Without Marshal Plan Europe would not have made it is as simple as that...

Regarding Ethics ... We have seen much of your kind, Did you forgot when The Americans stopped the supply of food grains to India in 1974 ?? India came back with a green revolution ...

Once again ... Do not compare Apple with Oranges...

Let India solve her problems the way she wants to... rest the three "E" are bullshit...

jouni

You are smarting for just paying back 5B in current money!!!!

Just take a calculator and do some home work what will be the current worth of the total loot carried from india and china by the European colonial looters and you will understand the point being made here,
For India it would mean 1100 000 000 000 Euros population adjusted, of course for you it is just peanuts.

bose

Country flag

I really do not understand you, I will talk with a Finnish historian, maybe he can tell me how Brits could loot you hundreds of years ago and you are still suffering. F**K we were under Swedish and Russian rule for 700 years and are doing just fine.
What was the population of Finland in 1945 and now in 2014 ??

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

being a part of an Empire and being a colony of the colonial looters are two different things.

Last edited:

jouni

Without Marshal Plan Europe would not have made it is as simple as that...

Regarding Ethics ... We have seen much of your kind, Did you forgot when The Americans stopped the supply of food grains to India in 1974 ?? India came back with a green revolution ...

Once again ... Do not compare Apple with Oranges...

Let India solve her problems the way she wants to... rest the three "E" are bullshit...
What actually the Brits stole? Your minerals? Oil? they even did not use oil back those days? What else? Spices? don´t they grow new every year? Fabrics? sheeps will grow new, Cotton? new harvest every year? Gold? maybe with modern technology you can dig deeper? Artifacts? yes, they are difficult to replace. Hopefully they are in the museums to enjoy.

Last edited:

jouni

What was the population of Finland in 1945 and now in 2014 ??
3,5 Million now 5,5 Million.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

What actually the Brits stole? Your minerals? Oil? they even did not use oil back those days? What else? Spices? don´t they grow new every year? Fabrics? sheeps will grow new, Cotton? new harvest every year? Gold? maybe with modern technology you can dig deeper? Artifacts? yes, they are difficult to replace. Hopefully they are in the museums to enjoy.
Just take a calculator and find the value of two centuries worth of cotton, spices and wheat grown here.

And calculate the strategic worth of 60000 soldiers lost in the two world wars for European colonial war aims and great famines that had to be endured to support the British war effort costing many millions of human lives from 1900 to 1940 . Entire indian economy was used for war preparation by british.

We were not christian nation and Europeans regarded us as colonies to further their economic interests , not a part of their empire.that is the critical difference.

And read a little bit about East India company with the help of some Finish historians and why the british govt took over east indian company .

We were ruled, looted by a company as captive market, not a part of an empire like you were.

Last edited:

bose

Country flag

So you mean the Brits came to India for holiday ??

Why did India's economy went down from 20% to 3% of world GDP ...

ladder

Country flag

Just take a calculator and find the value of two centuries worth of cotton, spices and wheat grown here. ANd read a little bit about East India company with the help of some Finish historians and why the british govt took over east indian company .

We were ruled, looted by a company as captive market, not a part of an empire like you were.
Well I have already said to him that due to colonies in Asia and Africa feeding resources to colonial powers, smaller European countries were spared the grind.

But, deciphering intelligent arguments is beyond his cognitive powers.

bose

Country flag

3,5 Million now 5,5 Million.
The population of India from 1945 went up from 300 Million to 1.25 Billion in 2014...

Now do the maths how much it takes to feed 1 Billion people...

jouni

I don't want to argue anymore, but I still think that you cannot blame Brits 2014 to what happened 1814. You are just fooling yourselves, sorry. I will study the east India company, thanks for the advice.

bose

Country flag

I don't want to argue anymore, but I still think that you cannot blame Brits 2014 to what happened 1814. You are just fooling yourselves, sorry. I will study the east India company, thanks for the advice.
Many Thanks... please do consult with your Finish historians...

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag

Study first and then make objective comments.

Nobody is trying to fool anybody here.

No one gets paid for that either.

The economic ruin of colonies whose people differed ethnically, culturally, racially and religiously from the colonizers (the case of china and india)

is

far different from being a part of the sweedish or russian empire (finland's case)where such different did not exist.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles