India-China: The real military equation

badguy2000

Respected Member
OMG, such an informed note.
Atleast use that high IQ brain you guys claim to be the sole inheritors of. This piece is so amusing, I forgot to laugh!

For starters, a cruise missile cannot take out a CBG 2000km away from mainland China or the SCS or even from the Malacca Straits. The tomahawk has a speed of 900km/hr. At this speed it would easily take over 2 hours to cover the 2000km, in the meantime the CBG would have moved over 60 knots. The missile seeker would not be able to even detect the group, let alone move towards it. Now unless Chinese have mach 10 CMs, be advised.

Secondly, you need excellent ISR systems to detect and track A CBG in realtime, not your area of expertise either.

About mining the sea lanes of IN near the base, how do you plan to do that? You cannot move your planes this close to the IN base before getting shot out of the sky, or do you stealth miners! Laughable idea at best.
Your Subs are anything but silent. Dont expect them to approach the IN base without detection. They will be greeted by depth charges till Diwali comes.

And in any case, atleast read up on base exit SOPs of any navy before attempting to sound like a guru, which btw you are not.
Each time a Naval ship is about to leave harbour, minesweepers make sweeping patrols for mines. Ya, this happens in peace time, everytime.

And as for you BS about BDS (lol, almost rhymes), may I remind you of the fact that GPS signals are notoriously easy and cheap to scramble. That too for a ordinary civillian. You expect a major military base to be devoid of such scramblers?

Damn, Thank God, I was not blessed with the Chinese IQ. Would have been a waste outside China.
1.guy, DF21 is widely reported to designed for USA AD group...of course, such a missle is too harsh for jeep ACs of INdia navy.
I don't know the tech details,but I am sure that it is with not only the missle's seeker,but also satellites and UAV,even sea detectors planted by subs and all kinds of other detectors that DF21 is kept locking moving AC.

2. If PLA can keep DF21 lock moving AC groups, then it is not so hard to keep crusing missles lock Moving AC group too...
crusing missles flys much slower than DF21,it also means that is much easier to reset the target information of crusing missles and keep crusing missle lock targets.

3.since missles and plane can transport warheads precisely at seaport , it is not hard for them to tranport mines on the sealanes.

4. BDS/GPS guide is just one of military precise guide techs ,as well as Terrain matching tech....
Usually, missiles doesn't has two or more guide tech as bak.

ice berg

In the Indian Ocean region, China really can't take on India. Many analysts have said that. You can disagree with that its your problem. Your govt knows more and they are troubled by it and that is why the strings of pearls and that is why looking at Gwadar and the pipeline from there.

You may have superior forces over land, but when it comes to naval might in the IOR, you really are not quite there. OP says as much. Like I said in my initial post, it will be Indias call as to how it may want to fight the Chinese if the Chinese start a border war.
I have never claimed China can take on India in Indian Ocean. You may read my posts more carefully. I only disagree with your notion that India will conduct a naval blockade out of blue.

And the notion of China starts a border war is funny consider PLA got like 5 brigades in Tibet while India got 10 times that.Talking about been paranoid. :rofl:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I have never claimed China can take on India in Indian Ocean. You may read my posts more carefully. I only disagree with your notion that India will conduct a naval blockade out of blue.

And the notion of China starts a border war is funny consider PLA got like 5 brigades in Tibet while India got 10 times that.Talking about been paranoid. :rofl:
Straits of Malacca!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
besides, CHina can easily block the sealanes of india navy base,with the water mines planted by planes or missles....
Provided you can come into the Indian Ocean!

That is the million dollar issue! ;)

badguy2000

Respected Member
as i Know, the PLA in tibet are usually less than 50K,even in 1962....while indian army next to sino-india border are usually 10 times more than that ..

of course, due to good infrastructure and moblity,PLA might be able to deploy 500K troops soon in Tibet,if necessary....

However, before that, there are only less than 50K PLA in tibet now.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
as i Know, the PLA in tibet are usually less than 50K,even in 1962....while indian army next to sino-india border are usually 10 times more than that ..

of course, due to good infrastructure and moblity,PLA might be able to deploy 500K troops soon in Tibet,if necessary....

What is bases of the numbers provided ??

ice berg

No, dude, there are way less PLA in Tibet. Dont be like our paranoid indian friends here.

Tibet Military District
54th Mech Infantry Brigade
52nd Mountain Infantry Brigade
53rd Mountain Infantry Brigade
803rd Artillery Brigade

One more brigade that I forgot.

More like less than 15.000. If you read ToI you will thought 300000 PLA soldiers are on their doorsteps. :rofl:

badguy2000

Respected Member
What is bases of the numbers provided ??
1.Tibet is one of 4 provinces managed by Chengdu MD. the PLA NO. of Chengdu MD is about 250K ,according to some open internet resource.
Î÷²ØÓжàÉÙפ¾ü_°Ù¶ÈÖªµÀ
【直播】中国七大军区实力排行榜。。。。。_nba吧_百度贴吧
And the main force of Chengdu MD are located Chongqing and Yunnan.

2. Before Tibet railway was opened, only poor-conditioned 4 highways linked Tibet and other provinces,so tranport costs was extreme high.....
the poor infrastructure limited the NO. of PLA in tibet.

So, even in 1962,only about 30K PLA were invovled in sino-india conficts...because the infrastructure could not sustain more toops ...

badguy2000

Respected Member
and now , after railways were opened, Tibet infrastructure can sustain more PLA troops..but it is not necessary to deploy more troops there...
because better mobility of PLA means that PLA has enough time for prompt deployment in Tibet.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles