India, China set to ink border pact to prevent face-off

bhramos

Country flag
India, China set to ink border pact to prevent face-off

NEW DELHI: India and China have moved closer to inking the new Border Defence Cooperation Agreement (BDCA) that outlines several confidence-building measures to defuse face-offs and tensions between rival troops along the unresolved Line of Actual Control (LAC).A high-level Indian delegation, with representatives from the foreign and defence ministries, will go to Beijing in September to "fine-tune" the BDCA after India finalised its "second counter-draft" to the "revised draft" submitted by China earlier. "The final BDCA can now be settled across the table," said a source. India, China set to ink border pact to prevent face-off - Times Of India

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
And at the same time PLA is confronting Indian troops in Indian territory? What's wrong with this picture?

A high-level Indian delegation, with representatives from the foreign and defence ministries, will go to Beijing
:why:

no smoking

Country flag
And at the same time PLA is confronting Indian troops in Indian territory? What's wrong with this picture?

In Indian territory? Indian unilaterally viewpoint!
Based on Chinese unilaterially viewpoint, that is Chinese territory!
Either side won't accept the oppisit stance. So, better let's agree that we have dispute on the border and start to work from there. I believe it will be better than "my way or high way"!

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Either side won't accept the oppisit stance. So, better let's agree that we have dispute on the border and start to work from there. I believe it will be better than "my way or high way"!
Negotiators should meet in a neutral venue, not in Beijing.

aerokan

Country flag
Yes indeed.. I am waiting for the day when China stops saying "my way or highway"

aerokan

Country flag

China already violated the previous agreement several times and took actions which it should not have when it meets Indian army. And they are asking for another agreement. Now tell me which one is more wrong? :confused:

Idiotic political establishment is cause for this. They should have talked to China in a language they understand :mad:

no smoking

Country flag
China already violated the previous agreement several times and took actions which it should not have when it meets Indian army. And they are asking for another agreement. Now tell me which one is more wrong? :confused:
When India set up the post within the area between the LOC defined by both sides, india already violated the agreement!

Idiotic political establishment is cause for this. They should have talked to China in a language they understand :mad:
Looks like that is the only language indian can understand.

bose

Country flag
When India set up the post within the area between the LOC defined by both sides, india already violated the agreement!
India put up the posts after China had their tents at DBO sector...

Ok we too speak the language you understood...did once in 1987 we saw China's capability then...

aerokan

Country flag

Are u kidding me? The world over knows that China pitched up tents in the areas which are not defined and then Indian response came by doing the same just 300 mts infront of the Chinese camps.. There is no power in this world that can make you listen to reason when you lie this blatantly. There are liars, better liars and then there are Chinese.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Could it be that the document that they will keep will be signed in vanishing ink?

The world over knows that China pitched up tents in the areas
@aerokan

Don't be so harsh on the Chinese.

They are great businessmen.

They pitched the tents so that India could evaluate how good their product was and how good they were at copycatting western manufacturers and sold them cheap!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dinesh_Kumar

our establishment could have dealt with them firmly, having a deterrent means that even if all our hardware and subs are ineffective, we are still on equal offensive capability......
Could it be that the document that they will keep will be signed in vanishing ink?

@aerokan

Don't be so harsh on the Chinese.

They are great businessmen.

They pitched the tents so that India could evaluate how good their product was and how good they were at copycatting western manufacturers and sold them cheap!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
our establishment could have dealt with them firmly, having a deterrent means that even if all our hardware and subs are ineffective, we are still on equal offensive capability......
The military could.

Gen Bickram has suggested.

But the PM and FM was shivering in their pants!

More so, that fool of a FM.

Same way as they do whenever Pakistan kills our soldiers and the GOI only politely pass weak wind as a sign of anger!

I hope that after the killing of our soldiers, the Nawaz S and Mickey MMS talk are not off. They are merely on hold (and the music plays in the background)!

Actually both the PM and FM should be in the aircraft hold for after all they are excess baggage that India is carrying!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Have a heart.

What Indian territory are you talking about?

The world belongs to China.

Don't doubt it.

They will whip out an 'ancient' map duly rubbed in the mud to make it authentic!

US is also a part of China and the Red Indians (don't know the latest PC nomenclature) and Incas are actually Han!

They will find some great voyager name Ma Hun Tong Two Qua was there! Something like Kilroy was here!

They will prove it.

Not to worry.

Remember what Desmond Tutu has said?

When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said Let us pray. We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.

The Chinese have bettered that.

When the Chinese come to negotiate disputes, they display sagacity and piety and a map that they don't show then. We have the dispute. They said Let us pray. We close our eyes. When we open them we have their 'ancient map' in our hand and they have our land.

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
Your bunker was built month before Chinese tent! That is also why they are dismentled!
That is a lie... The Indian bunkers were in direct response to the Chinese putting up of tents...

Apart from that Indian also put up right close to yours...

Last edited:

Tianshan

border pact is supposed to be a positive thing, but clearly it's not going to work in this situation.

bose

Country flag
border pact is supposed to be a positive thing, but clearly it's not going to work in this situation.
The border situation was vitiated when China suddenly started issuing stapled visa for people of Kashmir... that too without any provocation from Indian side"¦

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles