India, China consensus on avoiding war: Chinese spokesman

A.V.

lets look at this in this way, "there shall be no war" true, it cant me because its 2009 and not 1962 once china and india goes to war half to the worlds population will be wiped out.no country will be giving up an inch i am sure about that.
now having said that the war is already on because now-a-days we speak about proxy wars china,s policy is to arm pakistan and use them as their proxy to destabilize india and this has been going on for decades and in the future it is going to increase.so all this quotes hold no ground, because we are fighting the chinese daily in the form of pakistan.

A.V.

there is a special section for WARS AND EVENTS members can discuss in detail about wars there.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
it's payback we have to think about Ladakh and Tibet.
Militarily getting any territory is now probably ruled out. Just like its difficult to take back PoK with all our might. They cant take ours we cant take theirs.

VayuSena1

Professional
Militarily getting any territory is now probably ruled out. Just like its difficult to take back PoK with all our might. They cant take ours we cant take theirs.
And who says we cannot take it back? I believe that the public should not confuse political ill-will with lack of capability.

johnee

actually, yusuf, I think the whole wars now will be concentrated on gaining key grounds. make a swift move and take the strategic grounds and once the international players come in, use those gained grounds as a bargaining chip for the interests.

I think , if we were interested POK could be taken back. but that would need strong political leadership.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
actually, yusuf, I think the whole wars now will be concentrated on gaining key grounds. make a swift move and take the strategic grounds and once the international players come in, use those gained grounds as a bargaining chip for the interests.

I think , if we were interested POK could be taken back. but that would need strong political leadership.
Strategically, I don't know about the viability of a large scale assault to take back Tibet, but PoK is something that can very easily be taken back.

Pakistan's forces are spread out along the Western flanks as well and their Air Force is possibly at its weakest it has been in quite some time (but we are weak as well, but I think we have the edge)...

What do the more enlightened members think ??? And, while we're at PoK, Aksai Chin is also gainable...

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Military take out may be possible in books you can always Nuke them back to the stone age, but not as in practical, US wont tolerate neither would China, as we can see after all the Kargil controversy US and China are all upto in helping Pakistan, but if it was in the case of India to violate LOC things would have been different now.

A better Idea would be to settle with the current LOC with pakistan. How many of you support my Idea and how many dont and why?

Strategically, I don't know about the viability of a large scale assault to take back Tibet, but PoK is something that can very easily be taken back.

Pakistan's forces are spread out along the Western flanks as well and their Air Force is possibly at its weakest it has been in quite some time (but we are weak as well, but I think we have the edge)...

What do the more enlightened members think ??? And, while we're at PoK, Aksai Chin is also gainable...
Take back Tibet??? Tibet was never a part of India.
Monk even if Tibet got liberated I don't this it will merge with India and will form an independent state, more ideas about the Tibet issue are invited.

johnee

Military take out may be possible in books you can always Nuke them back to the stone age, but not as in practical, US wont tolerate neither would China, as we can see after all the Kargil controversy US and China are all upto in helping Pakistan, but if it was in the case of India to violate LOC things would have been different now.

A better Idea would be to settle with the current LOC with pakistan. How many of you support my Idea and how many dont and why?

Monk even if Tibet got liberated I don't this it will merge with India and will form an independent state, more ideas about the Tibet issue are invited.
I dont support your idea of settling with LOC. I personally believe india has the right over entire kashmir irrespective of wat pak says or does. sir, IMO, taking back POK is possible both theoretically and practically, IF our political leadership is interested and strong to absorb the pressure from international players. as far as, US and china helping pak, they will continue to try put up pak as a counter balance to india irrespective of kashmir. it is upto us to end that militarily/economically/politically. otherwise, this cat and mouse game will never end. it is in our interest to end it, not in their interest to end.

about tibet: sir, tibet will have to exist as a part of some bigger nation but it would need greater autonomy. this is also the view of Dalai Lama. for tibet to develop, it has to be a part of some bigger nation. but that nation must be sympathetic to tibet culture and respect its glorious history and not force it to give it up. tibet has(or had) the choice between india and china. IMO, india would be better suited to play the role. recently, Dalai Lama said that tibet has always been a chela(student) of india which is guru(teacher).
since, india is a land where each place has its own local culture, history, tradition, lang while at the same time be a part of the federation, tibet would be more comfortable in india.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Guys let there be no bravado. Im also not doubting the bravery of our soldiers nor our capability. I have a friend serving on the border, and have a retired Brigadier with great insights whose thoughts have made me conclude that its a mighty difficult task to get back PoK. The terrain is such that we will be over stretched to the limit. Besides any such move will lead India to a long drawn guerrilla war which will wear us down.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Sorry Payeng... wrong choice of words... "liberate" Tibet... better now ???

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I have been reading the comments of the Chinese Ambassador to India over the last few days. Very concilliatory i would say. It has made me think from the whole geo-political, strategic point of view.
China has for all these years used Pakistan as proxy to counter India. Supplied it with nukes and missile technology and posturing at times required. Now the country it has depended on for years is blowing apart. The same terrorists are also threatening its own provinces.
India is developing a special relationship with the US. The Chinese feel that this will probably develop into a strategic/ military alliance which it feels will threaten it in the future and be a threat to its march towards super power status. This has made it necessary for the Chinese to have a better non combative relationship with India so that it can march on in its economic, military build up.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles