India can develop 10,000-km range missile: DRDO

Spindrift

The deficit is not only your burden, it is your children's burden, and your children's children's burden.
I really appreciate your concern, but it is our problem and not yours.

no smoking

Country flag
I think its not about investing in something we won't need in 30 years. All the present technologies will certainly become obsolete in 30 years. Rather its about investing in something that will be able to pack a punch even after 30 years:thumb:
But there are lots of other technologies which you don't have should top of your priority list rather than something you won't need in 30 years, such as your power network technology, wind tunnel, fighter engines, etc. All these requires urgent attention and they are all suffering from the lack of fund.

Coming to deficits, it's better not to go into that topic at all. After all, I doubt if you would stop erecting a fence around your property if you fear that it is going to be grabbed.:cool2:
How much more so, if it is a matter of national security. The deficit is our burden and we are more than capable of handling it. You have no part in it.
When discussing most of topics in this forum, the first you should think about is money. Without checking your own financial situation, all you talk about is just BS!
The majority of indian members in this forum believes that China and Pakistan are the 2 majors threat to India national security. Obviously this new missile is kind of overkill to these 2 countries: your Agi 5 can do the job and even cheaper. So now you already have a fence over 3 metres high, what is the point to increase it to 6 metres when your own roof requires urgent repairement?

Yes, as a chinese, I have no part in it. But you have a part in it! And more importantly, those indians who are living on the food subsidized by gov have a part of it

happy

But there are lots of other technologies which you don't have should top of your priority list rather than something you won't need in 30 years, such as your power network technology, wind tunnel, fighter engines, etc. All these requires urgent attention and they are all suffering from the lack of fund.

When discussing most of topics in this forum, the first you should think about is money. Without checking your own financial situation, all you talk about is just BS!
The majority of indian members in this forum believes that China and Pakistan are the 2 majors threat to India national security. Obviously this new missile is kind of overkill to these 2 countries: your Agi 5 can do the job and even cheaper. So now you already have a fence over 3 metres high, what is the point to increase it to 6 metres when your own roof requires urgent repairement?

Yes, as a chinese, I have no part in it. But you have a part in it! And more importantly, those indians who are living on the food subsidized by gov have a part of it
Just so you know, our major problem is not the poor. It is the corrupt. At times I wonder if having a communist style of ruling would solve the problem but looking at your country and Russia I am glad ours is a democratic country. But you are right in saying that so many technological developments are suffering with the lack of adequate funds or maybe not. Either way, it is the policy of the Govt.

drkrn

Just so you know, our major problem is not the poor. It is the corrupt. At times I wonder if having a communist style of ruling would solve the problem but looking at your country and Russia I am glad ours is a democratic country. But you are right in saying that so many technological developments are suffering with the lack of adequate funds or maybe not. Either way, it is the policy of the Govt.
no need to reply to a post which has no need to reply..it our money our wish

sasi

Is that true ???

bulva follows nearly quasi ballastic path(less than 100km).
Trident follows low orbital path(don't know at wht altitude, my guess below 300km).

no smoking

Country flag
Just so you know, our major problem is not the poor. It is the corrupt.
Poverty is one of your major problems as much as corruption, if not worse!
You cannot cure either of them over one night, but at least you can start from a small step such as spending money more wisely!

At times I wonder if having a communist style of ruling would solve the problem but looking at your country and Russia I am glad ours is a democratic country.
Being a democratic country doesn't change a fact: inida is still far poorer than these 2 countries.

But you are right in saying that so many technological developments are suffering with the lack of adequate funds or maybe not. Either way, it is the policy of the Govt.
It is the policy of the govt. But there is good policy and bad policy. Spending hundreds of millions dollars on something which has no great value in 30 years when the country is stuck to a financial crisis is not a good policy!

happy

You cannot cure either of them over one night, but at least you can start from a small step such as spending money more wisely!

Being a democratic country doesn't change a fact: inida is still far poorer than these 2 countries.

It is the policy of the govt. But there is good policy and bad policy. Spending hundreds of millions dollars on something which has no great value in 30 years when the country is stuck to a financial crisis is not a good policy!
You don't know what you are talking. I rest my case.

happy

bulva follows nearly quasi ballastic path(less than 100km).
Trident follows low orbital path(don't know at wht altitude, my guess below 300km).
What I meant by my previous question is 'Whether A5 can be directed to follow a lower orbital path in order to increase its range?'
I do not know the technical requirements/feasibility but I believe if that is possible then we sure do have one hell of a missile. No wonder the Chinese offering olive branches.

aerokan

Country flag

Have you ever went to a car showroom to see a awesome racing car and got impressed?

I thought Chinese are good businessmen till now. You should understand what it means by showing a 'Corvette' and selling an 'Impala'.

Or if you look at a phone company, you show a Samsung Galaxy S4 or Nokia Pureview 1020 or Sony Xperia Z1 for a dcik measuring contest and then you sell more low end phones which makes more money to the company rather than the flagships.

Likewise super range missiles is to show the technical ability to the world. Once the world is convinced that you can do anything on your own, you can get good orders for low end missiles or joint R&D, investments etc in related sectors. That is called investing in financial world and we are investing today to have a better future for everyone including the poor :namaste:

t_co

Have you ever went to a car showroom to see a awesome racing car and got impressed?

I thought Chinese are good businessmen till now. You should understand what it means by showing a 'Corvette' and selling an 'Impala'.

Or if you look at a phone company, you show a Samsung Galaxy S4 or Nokia Pureview 1020 or Sony Xperia Z1 for a dcik measuring contest and then you sell more low end phones which makes more money to the company rather than the flagships.

Likewise super range missiles is to show the technical ability to the world. Once the world is convinced that you can do anything on your own, you can get good orders for low end missiles or joint R&D, investments etc in related sectors. That is called investing in financial world and we are investing today to have a better future for everyone including the poor :namaste:
If that is the goal, then India is making a mistake of the first order. By the time India does make a 10,000km range missile, Russia, China, and/or the US will have made road-mobile MIRV'd missiles with fractional orbital bombarbment capabilities and maneuverable reentry vehicles. That technology has been available to those three countries since at least the 90s, if not earlier.

aerokan

Country flag
If that is the goal, then India is making a mistake of the first order. By the time India does make a 10,000km range missile, Russia, China, and/or the US will have made road-mobile MIRV'd missiles with fractional orbital bombarbment capabilities and maneuverable reentry vehicles. That technology has been available to those three countries since at least the 90s, if not earlier.
So what do you think we should do?

Since USA, Russia and China had some technology doesn't mean we shouldn't acquire the capability. We know what happens when the technology is in the hands of only a few. We are not interested in bowing to anyone. To balance US, russia is there. I think you should encourage India to balance China :thumb:

We may be late but we come with the latest. So what if you have MiRV in 90's, we would still need it and we will have it in a few years atmost. We can live with one meal a day but subservience is not an option for many of us. It seems you have not understood what i said. You are still talking about Corvettes and Ferrari's. Having a credible deterrent against the big wigs means alliances can be forged better than before. Anyways, why did China go for 10k+ range when the economy is not as good as today? Has nobody told China that USA and Russia had them?

dealwithit

China got those technology ... only because Break of soviet union.. by getting scientists who doesn't have work....

Dont know it will keep up the same pace as it is in 90's ...

t_co

Since USA, Russia and China had some technology doesn't mean we shouldn't acquire the capability. We know what happens when the technology is in the hands of only a few. We are not interested in bowing to anyone. To balance US, russia is there. I think you should encourage India to balance China :thumb:

We may be late but we come with the latest. So what if you have MiRV in 90's, we would still need it and we will have it in a few years atmost. We can live with one meal a day but subservience is not an option for many of us. It seems you have not understood what i said. You are still talking about Corvettes and Ferrari's. Having a credible deterrent against the big wigs means alliances can be forged better than before. Anyways, why did China go for 10k+ range when the economy is not as good as today? Has nobody told China that USA and Russia had them?
China first decided on long-range missiles in the late 1960s, because it needed to deter a US nuclear strike. In the 1970s and 80s, those programs hit IOC and became the DF-4 and DF-5 liquid-fuelled ICBMs. Later, to improve survivability, China decided on road-mobile, solid-fuelled ICBMs - the DF-31, DF-31A, and now, the DF-41.

At no point was the goal of developing those missiles to market for missile technology exports. Given how happily Russia has been exporting its more advanced missile technology anyhow, China figured 'why bother'?

If India does go for a 10,000km+ missile, it should be explicit as to what the goal of such a missile is - not a marketing tool, but a deterrent against a US, French, or British nuclear strike. Even if India claims otherwise, policymakers in those countries will see it for what it is, and respond accordingly.

happy

You seem to be weak not only in geography and polity but also in science and technology !!! :taunt::pound:

t_co

Also, you can live with one meal a day, but can your parents? Can your siblings? Can your children?

It also seems your politicians are hell-bent on keeping you well-fed and voting. :lol:

trackwhack

@Kunal Biswas

Why this troll allowed to troll? All the time.

Also is there a way to mention all mods together like @Mods?

Last edited by a moderator:

t_co

@Kunal Biswas

Why this troll allowed to troll? All the time.

Also is there a way to mention all mods together like @Mods?
How am I trolling? The poster said he would be willing to starve himself to see through the economic pain necessary for additional military modernization. I was simply reminding him that even if he could speak for himself, he could not profess to speak for society at large, and certainly would be unfit to speak for his children, who would be bearing the brunt of whatever debt India accrues for this modernization.

Finally, I was noting that India's democracy tends to preclude any political choice for drastic reductions in standard of living in favor of military spending.

Last edited by a moderator:

trackwhack

Oye troll. Is that not rich coming from the citizen, I'm sorry, slave of a regime that has pissed all over every single fundamental human right of over a billion souls for the better part of the last 100 years in order to overcome some delusional paranoia of national security citing Japanese and British military insults in the past? And now use that very military clout to play big boss now with your tiny neighbors?

More than anything to do with the topic, your arguments sound desperate and you seem obviously intimidated with recent happenings.

You fcking hypocrites preaching altruism and social needs. Are you demented or do you think India is a slave assylum like china?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles