India-Britain partnership, High-profile delegation of 20 defence firms

JAISWAL

India-Britain partnership, High-profile delegation of 20 defence firms to visit India

Seeking to form a strong partnership with Indian defence industry, a UK trade mission comprising over 20 defence firms -- the largest since the David Cameron government assumed power -- will undertake a 5-day visit to India from Monday to meet key decision-makers and potential partners in the crucial sector.

The high-profile delegation's visit comes days after UK-backed Eurofighter Typhoon lost out to French firm Dassault Rafale in bagging the 126 fighter jet deal worth $10 billion from India.

The mission is organised by the UK's Trade and Investment Defence and Security Organisation (UKTI DSO) in cooperation with UK trade association Aerospace Defence Security (ADS).

It will be led by Parliamentary Undersecretary of State Gerald Howarth, MP, who is also UK's Minister for International Security Strategy.

The mission has the full support of the Indian Ministry of Defence, a statement here said.

The trade mission will visit three Indian cities, each with a particular focus: Delhi for the overarching Indian government perspective; Bangalore for aerospace, electronics and land systems; and Mumbai for maritime systems.

Each hub will provide an opportunity for real business to business interaction identifying opportunities and potential partnerships as well as providing UK companies a better understanding of how to do business in India. A range of private sector and government speakers will provide an overview of the defence market place and environment in India.

Face-to-face discussions between UK missioners and Indian defence companies will be facilitated in each hub by the Indian defence trade associations Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and the Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM).

Gerald Howarth said "I am proud and excited to be leading this Defence Trade Mission. This mission is not just simply about securing defence exports for the UK companies—it is about forming long-lived partnerships with Indian companies—both public and private—as India emerges as a leading nation in the world and pursues its policy of self reliance and indigenisation of the defence market."

UK companies have a great deal to offer—cutting edge technology, modern work practices and an open approach to collaboration and innovation, he said.

"We also have a long, deep and common cultural history which I believe provides a superb platform for really working together and forging a strong defence as well as business alliances," the minister said.

"This defence trade mission to India is historic. Over 20 major UK defence companies are going to India this week to both learn about how to do business in India but also seek opportunities to work with Indian businesses and the Ministry of Defence."

This is the largest UK defence trade mission since this government came into power in may 2010 and reinforces the importance the UK government places on relationship with India, he said.

Richard Paniguian, Head of UKTI DSO said: "India is a truly exciting defence and security market for UK companies to be in. It is an emerging global power of immense importance.

"It is also at a real point of evolution in its defence industry as it looks to turn around from importing some 70% of its defence equipment to designing, developing, manufacturing and supporting some 70 per cent indigenously."

"I want UK companies to be part of that journey, forming strong partnerships with the Indian defence industry along the way. There is an immense breadth of defence and security opportunities in the Indian market, as the one billion pounds of business done here by UK defence companies in 2010 demonstrates."
British defence, security sector trade mission to visit India - World - DNA

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Britain go to hell, we dont need you charity. We are the second largest investor in the UK and we saved thousands of jobs in Jaguar,Land Dover, Cores steel, Tetley tea, ESSAR Steel and many more who where bankrupt and shutting shop if not for us thousands would be jobless in the street.

trackwhack

We should send them back empty handed saying ask your press to publish apologies about the stupid articles written after the Rafale deal was announced. Then come back we will think about the other 80 planes.

SpArK

SORCERER
distance la deal-u deal-u
deal-u status-u gone-u
trails background great-u great-u
final-u word-u black-u

;;;;;.........................

maama notes eduthuko
apdiye kaila bags eduthuko

Handlu bag-u bag-lu cash-u notes full-a pound-u.
Empty life-u deal gone-u eyes full-a tears-u

Gone- u gone u dealu gone-u
You showed me door-u

India we are dying now-u buy some jet-u
this trip for soup boys-u
we dont have choice-u

why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di
why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di

sukhish

very ggod sign, that everybody is comming to India. India is indeed shining.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
We should send them back empty handed saying ask your press to publish apologies about the stupid articles written after the Rafale deal was announced. Then come back we will think about the other 80 planes.
I like your thought process :che:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Totally agree with you, some sort of lesson must be shown to the press of UK but not strain official relations.

sky

Britain go to hell, we dont need you charity. We are the second largest investor in the UK and we saved thousands of jobs in Jaguar,Land Dover, Cores steel, Tetley tea, ESSAR Steel and many more who where bankrupt and shutting shop if not for us thousands would be jobless in the street.

Let's hope the GOI is not as short sighted as you, Indian companies investing in the UK are expecting to make a profit as well as learn best practices .

Tata has made money in the UK and will learn how to make better cars for its Indian customers from there Gaydon r&d centre,more then 80% of Tata motors profit comes from JLR.

Business is business no one expects charity so lets hope India can continue to get the the best from its excellent relationship with Britian. India looking to upgrade it's defences can learn a lot...

Blackwater

Not to forgot top gear remarks, jail all three jokers of top gear for 1 yr in jail in india..demag thekane a jayega

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Let's hope the GOI is not as short sighted as you, Indian companies investing in the UK are expecting to make a profit as well as learn best practices .

Tata has made money in the UK and will learn how to make better cars for its Indian customers from there Gaydon r&d centre,more then 80% of Tata motors profit comes from JLR.

Business is business no one expects charity so lets hope India can continue to get the the best from its excellent relationship with Britian. India looking to upgrade it's defences can learn a lot...
Learn to read, i said we dont need their charity i never said we dont need their business. Moreover TATA saved JLR by investing heavily in it and there is nothing wrong if their hard work is repeaing benefits. Kudos for TATA for turning a failing company.

No one could turn JLR into profit only TATA did that get that strait as well.

Last edited:

sky

Learn to read, i said we dont need their charity i never said we dont need their business. Moreover TATA saved JLR by investing heavily in it and there is nothing wrong if their hard work is repeaing benefits. Kudos for TATA for turning a failing company.

No one could turn JLR into profit only TATA did that get that strait as well.
Where does it say charity in the article,you mentioned that not me so get of your high horse, trade missions are part and parcel of doing business abroad
and they are a good way to show case new ideas and technologies .

Seem's you have a chip on your shoulder about Britian .Having lived here all my life i can't think of a better place to live ,or a country that gives so much to poorer ones.

Where we disagree is aid Britain gives,i believe there is a moral and historic reason why aid should still be given to India . If India does not wish to receive aid ,India should ask for it to stop. This would be a mistake when there is so much that needs to be done to help the poor.

Britain will give around 8 billion pound's this year in overseas aid, Many counties signed up to the millennium objectives to reduce global poverty ,in order to meet those goals aid is given to India. You may not require help but why try to deny it to those that do,there only so much the GOI can do and lot's of people who need help.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Where does it say charity in the article,you mentioned that not me so get of your high horse, trade missions are part and parcel of doing business abroad
and they are a good way to show case new ideas and technologies .

Seem's you have a chip on your shoulder about Britian .Having lived here all my life i can't think of a better place to live ,or a country that gives so much to poorer ones.

Where we disagree is aid Britain gives,i believe there is a moral and historic reason why aid should still be given to India . If India does not wish to receive aid ,India should ask for it to stop. This would be a mistake when there is so much that needs to be done to help the poor.

Britain will give around 8 billion pound's this year in overseas aid, Many counties signed up to the millennium objectives to reduce global poverty ,in order to meet those goals aid is given to India. You may not require help but why try to deny it to those that do,there only so much the GOI can do and lot's of people who need help.
What are you on about? We have been discussing on various other threads how British news media is treating the MRCA issue and asking the 1billion back. This is how they give aid? Read the article.

France swoops to rob UK of £13bn Indian jet contract | Mail Online

Britain as always given aid only as an strategic tool. Even India is giving aid to africa, afgantisan etc., now. How stupid would it be if we asked our aid back because we lost a bid for business?

If your comfortable there its good for you i am extremely comfortable here. I love this place and all the perk of haveing a cook and maid etc., do my stuff.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
@messiah,whack and GK :

Enough with emotions.

Welcome him to India, take him to Taj Mahal, give him some nice chicken tandoori and rasgullas, hear him out patiently and if he has anything worthwhile to offer India ---- milk him dry.

Last edited:

sky

What are you on about? We have been discussing on various other threads how British news media is treating the MRCA issue and asking the 1billion back. This is how they give aid? Read the article.

France swoops to rob UK of £13bn Indian jet contract | Mail Online

Britain as always given aid only as an strategic tool. Even India is giving aid to africa, afgantisan etc., now. How stupid would it be if we asked our aid back because we lost a bid for business?

If your comfortable there its good for you i am extremely comfortable here. I love this place and all the perk of haveing a cook and maid etc., do my stuff.
The British media is not the british government ,what they say is to appeal to there readers and sensationalise issues, come on it must also happen in India as well.

As for your other argument about mrca discussed in other threads, it was this article i am concerned with and your ramblings that went with it.

Dont get so worked up about what others say in print ,its only a story with a tiny amount of truth in it. India must being doing something right if she attracts so much attention from others .lets leave it there....

Nirvana

Let's Have some JV on Naval front !!

Our Navy is Looking to induct LPD's , can team up with Britain on this

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Britain is in the business of mothballing LPDs, not building them.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
India cannot display any arrogance. Old saying, suno subki, karo apni. No harm in giving audience, showing our hospitality. You never know when someone can be useful. Don't spoil with anyone. Har kutte ke din aate hai. Remember we need to humor the Brits to keep our UNSC dreams alive.

SPIEZ

Country flag
India cannot display any arrogance. Old saying, suno subki, karo apni. No harm in giving audience, showing our hospitality. You never know when someone can be useful. Don't spoil with anyone. Har kutte ke din aate hai. Remember we need to humor the Brits to keep our UNSC dreams alive.
Also we need the Brits to return everything they looted from pro independent India!

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
The British media is not the british government ,what they say is to appeal to there readers and sensationalise issues, come on it must also happen in India as well.

As for your other argument about mrca discussed in other threads, it was this article i am concerned with and your ramblings that went with it.

Dont get so worked up about what others say in print ,its only a story with a tiny amount of truth in it. India must being doing something right if she attracts so much attention from others .lets leave it there....
I was never against any trade, i am man of cold reason and logic. The Indian government is hardly getting much in return for all the deal we signed with them including the BAe hawk. This sort of blatant Jingoism does not happen to this level in any media, asking the aid back,Calling us ungrateful?? Its the British who are ungrateful for all the wars we fought for them in Africa,Middles east, Indo-China and Europe there is no official thank you and for all the money they looted they need to pay back, all these are beyond any other press. Even the american press is not so vulgar in its necessity to get TPR and its not just the press look at every british comment there, they all want their aid back, how would they feel if we asked all the looted money back?

Its the mindset that they are better than us that really annoys me and a lot of people but i was never against any trade

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles