India beat pak mercilessly to claim world kabadi title

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Good, Congrats India.

Kabbadi was everyday game after school, never seen kids paying it any more now. Everyone is a 'ballebaaz' these days.

Sukerchakia

Commentators were remembering @Tronic 's late cousin and Kabbadi maestro Harjeet Brar @2:20 in @Blackwater 's video.
Really? Tronic is related to Harjit Brar Bajakhana? Respect.

@Blackwater - I dont see a substantial difference in size though. India was technically more sound, especially the defenders and the Pakistanis were relying more on power.

A memorable win nevertheless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sukerchakia

The rules for both the forms are very different. "Sanjeevni" Kabaddi relies almost entirely on speed and reflexes, while Amar Kabaddi relies on speed combined with power. I'm not an expert on the Sanjeevni form since I don't follow it or watch it, but one very big difference is that there is no "raider vs defender" faceoff. In Sanjeevni, all the defenders can jump on the raider and pin him to the ground. In Amar Kabaddi, if more than one defender touches the raider, it is considered a foul and a point is given to the raiding team. This results in 1 defender vs 1 raider situation where speed and brute strength are both required to either escape or to stop the raider from escaping. This is where all the traditional Kabaddi moves come in, like the infamous "Kanchi". :D

The "Sanjeevni" Kabaddi is the form which is recognized by the Kabaddi Federation of India and what the "official" Indian Kabaddi team plays. Amar Kabaddi is only played by Punjabis, and that is why with the downfall of Pakistan in the sport, it put's the sport in danger since it is competing with Sanjeevni Kabaddi for recognition. Though, the last 2 years has seen tremendous growth with native Argentinian, Afghan, Iranian, Danish and Norwegian teams performing quite decently at the tournament. Sanjeevni Kabaddi is becoming popular is East Asia while Amar Kabaddi is becoming popular in the West as well as some Asian countries like Iran and Afghanistan. Let's see which one triumphs. ;)
I played Sanjeevani at the state level. It is definitely more technical and relies more on teamwork rather than individuality. But yes, a strong player can indeed bulldoze his way past defenders even in Sanjeevani style.

I played Punjabi style only a few times whenever I'd go back to the pind. I wasnt puny but it was unnerving to face bulky opponents even though I thought I was good at kabaddi. :)

Tronic

Iran seems to be the next big thing in kabaddi, What's the kind of fan following there and what 'version' of the sport is played in the country?
Don't know the fan following but it seems to be quite decent. They play both versions. They used to play only Sanjeevni but since the past 2-3 World Cups, they've fielded an Amar Kabaddi team too, and they get better every passing year. This year, Iran played absolutely amazing; they crushed the weaker teams, Argentina and Kenya, and even defeated USA, a pretty strong side. They started playing Amar Kabaddi almost same type as Argentina, but their improvement has been immense.

Sukerchakia

Don't know the fan following but it seems to be quite decent. They play both versions. They used to play only Sanjeevni but since the past 2-3 World Cups, they've fielded an Amar Kabaddi team too, and they get better every passing year. This year, Iran played absolutely amazing; they crushed the weaker teams, Argentina and Kenya, and even defeated USA, a pretty strong side. They started playing Amar Kabaddi almost same type as Argentina, but their improvement has been immense.
Agree. Iran has been a revelation.

What about Sierra Leone though? I was surprised to see them. They dont have any desis, do they?

And I read an article where most foreign teams which do not have a lot of desis brought in middle weight wrestlers and rugby players. The skills are similar I guess. I think the Danish girls team was composed of wrestlers and they completely walloped Canada. I dont know how they didnt make it to the finals.

Tronic

Agree. Iran has been a revelation.

What about Sierra Leone though? I was surprised to see them. They dont have any desis, do they?

And I read an article where most foreign teams which do not have a lot of desis brought in middle weight wrestlers and rugby players. The skills are similar I guess. I think the Danish girls team was composed of wrestlers and they completely walloped Canada. I dont know how they didnt make it to the finals.
Honestly, I'm not sure bro. I didn't watch the entire Kabaddi cup this year; only a few highlights. I've been really busy with school and exams. Infact, I should go study right now. :D

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
yaa pher tuhada yaara da yaar Zia.. :D :D
Na na

oo tha kutte da puttar haye..

on topic

he was good and bad both

Bad=because of islamism view and making the moderate youth into extremist one

Good=there was indeed a possibility of USSR attacking Pak once succeeded in invading afghanistan

Pakistan was left with no choice

Tronic

Was he or you a part of Brar-bans aka from Faridkot royal family ?
Bro, every other person in Faridkot is a Brar; it's the home of the Brar clan. I'm not from the Faridkot royal family and I doubt Harjit Brar was from them either, lol.

Tronic

Na na

oo tha kutte da puttar haye..

on topic

he was good and bad both

Bad=because of islamism view and making the moderate youth into extremist one

Good=there was indeed a possibility of USSR attacking Pak once succeeded in invading afghanistan

Pakistan was left with no choice
There was nothing Zia could do to stop USSR. I think you mean to thank America for that, not Zia.

Blackwater

There was nothing Zia could do to stop USSR. I think you mean to thank America for that, not Zia.

according to his holiness and farhaan. zia single handedly with talwar , stopped Russian

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles