India bans six defence firms for ten years

H.A.

To be very very frank we are screwed big time and most of which is our own making, only if we had done things smartly things would have been different, now if you black listed everyone then who will supply you ??.
No i believe this is the perfect step...

regarding who will supply...then i have learnt this in business...there is never a single source of material....a new supplier will come forward who is willing to supply the parts. It will just take a little time to locate the other vendor, however it can be done....

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
No i believe this is the perfect step...

regarding who will supply...then i have learnt this in business...there is never a single source of material....a new supplier will come forward who is willing to supply the parts. It will just take a little time to locate the other vendor, however it can be done....
HA this is defence we are talking about, look what happen to artillery guns, we have all the money but no one is going to supply the gun we want and those who can we have black listed them. End result is that no guns for army. Now we cannot expect our army to fight with stones against Pakistan, China or both. :tsk:

Plus R&D in country is very long learning curve and others are not going to help us, even if they are going to help us in the processes they are going to loot us, as they know that no one is going to help us, except them.

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Sometimes I pray lord to put India under technology sanctions again. At least that will make domestic players (including & excusing DPSUs) to move their arse and work well on product based R&D.

Last edited:

H.A.

Take the situation when India was under sanctions, didn't India have any development then?

NRJ said it before i could......

Reactions: nrj

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Why is the security of the nation being threatened because of corrupt babus ? It is universally known that the foreign firms are forced to pay bribes ; this holier than thou attitude is hypocritical.

bhramos

Country flag
MoD Debars Six Firms From Business Dealings For 10 Years

No Tar-21 spare, No Barak 8, Hundreds of JV will crash, With Russia there will be no T-90S latest Ammo, All targeted JV with CDR will crash..

Army is going to get hit most..
why Barak-8, its with IAI not IMI
Barak 1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well on T-90 ammo... yes that can suffer...but there is a way to obtain it... that is through Ukraine!!!

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i just figure out the way to get things from these supplier, all they have to do is set up another company and get TOT on paper and then again re enter Indian market. Indian law assumes that every company has separate legal entity (exception is holding and subsidiary company).

So even when they are black listed they can supply to Indian forces.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
why Barak-8, its with IAI not IMI
Barak 1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well on T-90 ammo... yes that can suffer...but there is a way to obtain it... that is through Ukraine!!!
Barak 8 is going for Army ? IMI technical support Hub with IAI ? you can be right though..

Its very well known about Ukraine, Polish Industry don't make such ammo nor Belarus and no IMI or Germans

Also Arjun Program is going to get effected by this..

H.A.

i just figure out the way to get things from these supplier, all they have to do is set up another company and get TOT on paper and then again re enter Indian market. Indian law assumes that every company has separate legal entity (exception is holding and subsidiary company).

That is what is going to happen....with new faces in the front office....

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag

Still they can not repeat the top management in new company. The stake bearer's of blacklisted company 'X' can form new company 'A' but that firm will also be debarred from all Govt tenders.

H.A.

Still they can not repeat the top management in new company. The stake bearer's of blacklisted company 'X' can form new company 'A' but that firm will also be debarred from all Govt tenders.
I have never heard of that...that the company formed with the same or anyone of the director's are debarred if the original company's director are debarred even if it is there then there are always distant relatives at hand, their name and identity can be used to form the new company with they acting as dummies / puppets...

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I have never heard of that...that the company formed with the same or anyone of the director's are debarred if the original company's director are debarred even if it is there then there are always distant relatives at hand, their name and identity can be used to form the new company with they acting as dummies / puppets...
True but same individuals can not be repeated. Law identifies person as independent irrespective of his relation with other people as long as that engagement is not party to any objectionable exercise.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
True but same individuals can not be repeated. Law identifies person as independent irrespective of his relation with other people as long as that engagement is not party to any objectionable exercise.
in India we call it 'DIN' means Director identification number, it is mandatory for directors to have DIN.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles