India as a World Soft Power

amoy

To all the Chinese commenting here about Indian Soft Power being non existent, I have one word - Buddhism.

Surely with a population where 18% are Buddhists, you guys should at least know this.
I think @civicfanatic championed Buddhism as soft power long time back.

could u pls enlighten how it serves expanding your clout when very few of Indians yourselves are practising this faith? it's like u wanna convince others of something u dont believe in?!

and Chinese donated big dollars to Nalanda which u couldnt hv rebuilt on your own!

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

praneetbajpaie

Tihar Jail
Banned
I think @civicfanatic championed Buddhism as soft power long time back.

could u pls enlighten how it serves expanding your clout when very few of Indians yourselves are practising this faith? it's like u wanna convince others of something u dont believe in?!

and Chinese donated big dollars to Nalanda which u couldnt hv rebuilt on your own!

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2
Firstly, Just because you donated money for Nalanda University doesn't mean anything. Did we ask you for the money in the first place? I think not. If we could have built Nalanda once, we can do it again.

Secondly, do you even mean what soft power is? Does China have any soft power? The only power which China has now is Money Power which is completely different. Does anyone outside of China and the Chinese Diaspora watch Chinese movies.The only thing famous from China is Chinese Cuisine (which I might add I love, but that's a different issue).
Whether we Indian practice Buddhism widely or not is not the question here. You can't deny the fact that the religion itself was born in India.

On a different note, could you enlighten me on how the Chinese are expanding their clout across the world without the use of money and without buying everything up.

no smoking

Country flag
Firstly, Just because you donated money for Nalanda University doesn't mean anything. Did we ask you for the money in the first place? I think not. If we could have built Nalanda once, we can do it again.
The fact is you didn't! Then what do you think those foreign buddism followers would think about india: a country which just leave their holy place in shit?

Secondly, do you even mean what soft power is? Does China have any soft power? The only power which China has now is Money Power which is completely different. Does anyone outside of China and the Chinese Diaspora watch Chinese movies.The only thing famous from China is Chinese Cuisine (which I might add I love, but that's a different issue).
For the matter of fact, yes, the chinese in overseas watch Chinese movies a lot because I am one of them.
For the matter of fact, yes, there a lot of Japaneses, Koreans, taiwaneses and souther east asians watching Chinese movies.

Whether we Indian practice Buddhism widely or not is not the question here. You can't deny the fact that the religion itself was born in India.
It is a question, you want to gain your soft power from it and you are not doing anything good to this religion since it is not your own, then what is the influence you want to have as a country full of infidel?

On a different note, could you enlighten me on how the Chinese are expanding their clout across the world without the use of money and without buying everything up.
More and more people start to learn Chinese;
China towns in almost all the major cities of the world;
More and more westerns come to talk about confucius, YinYang, TaiJi, etc;
More and more western politicians give their bless to their Chinese voters in Spring Festival, etc.

As Chinese members here always pointed out, MONEY is the source of soft power.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
We built it once. :facepalm:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
The fact is you didn't! Then what do you think those foreign buddism followers would think about india: a country which just leave their holy place in shit?
Nalanda is not a holy place :facepalm:

Plus, we accepted Chinese scholars in Nalanda, consider it late fee :).

Moreover, apart from China 3 other nations are funding the reconstruction but only a Chinese guy is petty enough to brag about it :(

It is a question, you want to gain your soft power from it and you are not doing anything good to this religion since it is not your own, then what is the influence you want to have as a country full of infidel?
Firstly, rofl @infidel.

Secondly, it's like saying how Egyptians can't claim the Early Egyptian heritage since they are not bowing down to Anubis anymore. This is stupid to be honest.

As Chinese members here always pointed out, MONEY is the source of soft power.
No. :(

Last edited:

praneetbajpaie

Tihar Jail
Banned
@ no smoking

1) We built it once, we can build it again. Just Google Mao Tse Tung and learn about Indian influence on China. Once again, we did not ask the Chinese to give us the money. They could have spent it on things in their own country. You might have money now but you guys aren't exactly First World Developed yet.

2) Chinese in overseas countries are Chinese, not belonging to the country they live in. Indian movies are watched regularly all over the world. Shah Rukh Khan was virtually mobbed when he visited China some time ago. He gets mobbed regularly in Germany. Can't see that happening to any Chinese artist outside of China.

3) Of course Buddhism is our own. It's just that Hindus, Muslims and Christians outnumber Buddhists. Can't really do anything about it. Remember, the Buddhist Supreme Leader lives in India. Heard about the Dalai Lama? Again you can't deny the fact that Buddhism was born in India.

Infidels?? Really?

4) More and more people want to learn Chinese - yes because everybody wants to do business with the Chinese. Not because they have any love or respect for the language. It's business, deal with it. More and more people want to and learn Sanskrit. It's huge in the Western world and its not even the most popular language in India and certainly not a language in which business is done in this country.

China Town in most cities in the world? Yes there is one In Calcutta where I live. You know why? Cause Chinese people can't assimilate themselves with the local population. They want to live in their own little world among themselves and you make it sound as if the administration of the cities concerned built a China Town for the resident population. So what there is a China Town in every city. It only proves that the Chinese can't assimilate themselves with anyone else.

Many more Westerners, Easterners and people all over the world talk about as well as practice Kama Sutra, Yoga, use mathematics in their daily lives which the Indians gave the world. Many people all over the world follow the Hare Krishna Movement. Play Holi, etc. etc.

Chinese Voters? I think you got them confused with the Jews.

Money power is very important but its not soft power in any way.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles