India Army replacing all Chinese origin hardware and Software

Sunder singh

Hi friend can any one confirm this news my friend in Artillery told me last night that they are replacing all new purchased Chinese origin hardware and Software. by any other brands they are think Chinese use them for data theft.

some defense personal plz confirm

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
@Sunder bhai,

Keep such information to yourself, this is a open forum, though this is not so serious almost all in the globe doing the same..

mikhail

Country flag
@Sunder bhai,

Keep such information to yourself, this is a open forum, though this is not so serious almost all in the globe doing the same..
kunal sir do IA really use chinese origin hardware and softwares?i mean considering our defence relationship with them isn't it a bit risky to use their softwares and hardwares specially for our artillary corp since in an event of war these things might prove a liability to IA!:confused:

arya

Country flag
kunal sir do IA really use chinese origin hardware and softwares?i mean considering our defence relationship with them isn't it a bit risky to use their softwares and hardwares specially for our artillary corp since in an event of war these things might prove a liability to IA!:confused:
in India we are using 70 % made in china , see around ur area most of things will be made in china from 1947 we are just making big words they are making good

we are best in talking they are best in working

Sunder singh

my post has been a bit edited by mod wat he is saying is true

lcatejas

If this news is correct than its a good step by IA ...other need to follow the same..:thumb:
May be its all about communication and some electronics devices..

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I would be indeed surprised if we use Chinese goods.

Unless they were Dragon Torch, LED Torches (I have one) pens, chinagraph pencils and the like.

JineshJK

in India we are using 70 % made in china , see around ur area most of things will be made in china from 1947 we are just making big words they are making good

we are best in talking they are best in working
tahts it man..

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
we should keep some of the computers and give them misleading information through these very computers...............:rolleyes:
I think RAW and MI can easily do that.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Are you kidding, Chinese selling software to Indians?

drkrn

not Chinese, may be international companies routing their hardware/software through china in international bids may be.

where from are we replacing our hardware from? i mean electronics etc, we don't have a formidable electronic industry yet

RedDragon

I think it is a little difficult to replace all china goods in the IA. But any way, Indian can also export goods to China army. So we can be even.

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
In case of signals equipment, the audit raised fears of Chinese equipment being bought under these emergency provisions. "In many such cases, it is also observed that make, model and name of the foreign OEM vendor has not been disclosed by the Indian agency which raises the apprehension that the stores have actually been purchased from the grey market, perhaps of Chinese stores... If so, this would be a major security risk apart from being a serious financial irregularity involving violation of various laws of the country," the audit said.
Army brass wasted Rs 100cr: Audit - The Times of India

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
The internal audit claims that while making purchases, "standard guidelines to purchase foreign equipment have not been followed repeatedly in the period by top army commanders".

The purchases included communication equipment, radio sets, high resolution binoculars, optical fibre cables, mine detection systems, bullet-proof jackets, etc. The auditor found that most of these purchases were made from agents instead of the original manufacturers. In some cases, middlemen were used even though the original equipment manufacturers were present in India, the auditor observed.
Army generals wasted Rs100 crore in 2 years: Audit - India - DNA

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles