India and its neighbours

panduranghari

INDIA'S PATHETIC NEIGHBOURHOOD

India and its neighbours
India's size and power may be intimidating, but the neighbours have experience of India's reluctance to react to provocations, except in extreme circumstances, and believe therefore that they have considerable room for tilting against our interests for one reason or another.

If Pakistan, Bangladesh, SL, Nepal consider India's reluctance to act as its weakness, they are at fault. With increasing economic freedom, Indian youth have become more assertive. This assertion will be reflected in the political class.

Gone are the days of Nehru-Gandhi attitude. Hopefully I am correct.

illusion8

If Pakistan, Bangladesh, SL, Nepal consider India's reluctance to act as its weakness, they are at fault. With increasing economic freedom, Indian youth have become more assertive. This assertion will be reflected in the political class.

Gone are the days of Nehru-Gandhi attitude. Hopefully I am correct.
Not yet I think, The article's emphasis is on a big nation having to deal with a platitude of smaller nations surrounding it, I think India's policies have been more reactive than proactive with its neighbors - we wait for the situation to worsen before venturing out for e.g. Pakistan, Nepal, Maldives, SL. Burma is the only proactive step.

We need to put them in a relative comfort zone, we have our own internal disturbances, but an effective policy will help in the future.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles