India, Abbottabad, and Osama bin Laden: Did New Delhi Assist the U.S.

Phenom

Re: India, Abbottabad, and Osama bin Laden: Did New Delhi Assist the U

The first para of the article is more interesting, Why wasn't Bin laden armed even after a 10 minute warning, was he hoping to surrender? If that was the case then US made a big mistake by killing him, talking him alive would have been a huge blow to the morale of the jihadis everywhere.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

The first para of the article is more interesting, Why wasn't Bin laden armed even after a 10 minute warning, was he hoping to surrender? If that was the case then US made a big mistake by killing him, talking him alive would have been a huge blow to the morale of the jihadis everywhere.
That would have been a case for mass kidnappings and bomb blasts all over the world. It was better that he was shot and buried at sea.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

Who really killed bin Laden? - CNN.com
SEAL Team 6 operators are now in "serious lockdown" when it comes to "talking to anybody" about the bin Laden raid and say they have been frustrated to see what they consider to be the inaccurate story in Esquire receive considerable play without a response. Phil Bronstein, who wrote the 15,000-word piece about the Shooter for Esquire, was booked on CNN, Fox and many other TV networks after his story came out.

pmaitra

Lets consider that India helped US for Abbottabad Operation. Then what favor did GOI bought in return ?? :hmm:
The al-Qaida is no friend of India. They have the express madate to destroy all infidels, and the US, India, and Russia have been identified as their enemies. Merely taking out OBL, in my opinion, was in India's interest. Moreover, I do see the possibility that Ilyas Kashmiri was taken out as part of a deal; but then, this is a possibility, not certainty.

Reactions: nrj

tramp

The al-Qaida is no friend of India. They have the express madate to destroy all infidels, and the US, India, and Russia have been identified as their enemies. Merely taking out OBL, in my opinion, was in India's interest. Moreover, I do see the possibility that Ilyas Kashmiri was taken out as part of a deal; but then, this is a possibility, not certainty.
Bin Laden's annihilation on Paksitani soil also drove another nail in the coffin of reliability of Pakistan's claims of innocence. Still Pakistanis fail to see how much their military/govt has been misleading them.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles