Incredible India: pictures and videos

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
I love pics posted by Manc, the phote 5th from the bottom. What do u call that tree with red flowers? Here lots of such trees we call 'em "Phoenix Flowers"
Yes I saw those flowers in one of the pictures posted by you, I think. In Punjab we call it Gulmohar tree.

There is a legend once told to me by someone that it was the same tree (Sanjeevani: Life saver/giver) whose leaves and flowers were used as anti-dot against poisoned arrow of demon prince Inderajeet injuring Prince Laxmana into deep progressive coma. This tree was on a mountain situated in Himalaya. The mountain was uprooted and lifted by mighty lord Hanuman and flown over to far end of south India to save the prince Laxmana. The tree was then made popular and spread/planted all over the subcontinent landscape.

Last edited:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Yes I saw those flowers in one of the pictures posted by you, I think. In Punjab we call it Gulmohar tree.

There is a legend once told to me by someone that it was the same tree (Sanjeevani: Life saver/giver) whose leaves and flowers were used as anti-dot against poisoned arrow of demon prince Inderajeet injuring Prince Laxmana into deep progressive coma. This tree was on a mountain situated in Himalaya. The mountain was uprooted and lifted by mighty lord Hanuman and flown over to far end of south India to save the prince Laxmana. The tree was then made popular and spread/planted all over the subcontinent landscape.

Not really, Sanjivani is different. The pic you posted is of Palash Tree Butea monosperma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sanjivani/Sanjeevani is this Selaginella bryopteris - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But the ones @amoy was talking about in the pic by @plugwater is Gulmohar Tree Delonix regia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator:

alphacentury

Country flag
Indian Desserts

Rasgulla
Rasgulla is a cheese-based, syrupy dessert popular in the Indian subcontinent, particularly in the Indian states of Odisha and West Bengal. The dish originated in Odisha centuries ago.

alphacentury

Country flag

Chennapoda
Chhena poda is the quintessential cheese dessert from the state of Orissa in eastern India.

alphacentury

Country flag
wrong post...
You must be referring to the PC post.
Why, you want some rakhi sawant pics.:troll:

Sorry, its just my incredible india includes our girls also.(and, i know women should not be treated/viewed as objects) and i dont intend to post any more photos of bollywood actress and mods can delete them if they want to. i already have them in my C drive:truestory:.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
You must be referring to the PC post.
Why, you want some rakhi sawant pics.:troll:

Sorry, its just my incredible india includes our girls also.(and, i know women should not be treated/viewed as objects) and i dont intend to post any more photos of bollywood actress and mods can delete them if they want to. i already have them in my C drive:truestory:.

I had multiple windows open and had mistakenly posted on this thread.

TrueSpirit1

The Nobody
Banned
Indian Desserts

Rasgulla
Rasgulla is a cheese-based, syrupy dessert popular in the Indian subcontinent, particularly in the Indian states of Odisha and West Bengal. The dish originated in Odisha centuries ago.
It is popular/common in entire North India. Base material is cottage cheese.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles