IN Scorpene Submarines - News & Discussions

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
India has open period of only 2 yrs max till induction of Varunastra. By then Navy may push forward Sea Hawke even as Gov-to-Gov deal. P 8Is on guard to sink submarines.
You just have to hope this torpedo to be on time and on spec.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Are you sure North Korea has Nuclear bomb technology?

To me North Korea is testing grounds for Porki & Chinese nuclear weapons. After signing NPT and test ban treaty no nation can test Nuclear weapons whether in open or underground, only computer simulation is to be done for new weapons development and also for old weapons to see half life effect of nuclear material on that weapon batch stock. But Chinese are using North Korea to test their weapons since they lack advance computer simulation which only US, Russia & France have (UK has through US). India is seeking simulation from France in lieu of Rafale deal through offset money hence the high cost of Rafale.
Interessant theory.
Why not indeed. NoKo testing nukes for others, and keep some of these nukes for its own arsenal....

lcafanboy

Country flag
Interessant theory.
Why not indeed. NoKo testing nukes for others, and keep some of these nukes for its own arsenal....
Making fission nukes is relatively simple but hydrogen bombs simply unbelievable.

Extracting tritium and deuterium as well as highly enriched uranium 235 is the most difficult part and so is designing of hydrogen bomb. A beggar country of North Korea calibre certainly can't do it on its own. If it was Japan or Germany or even Brazil it would have been believable.

The main actors are behind the scene. China is playing all the cards to bring down America by destroying their economy and dollar and tying them militarily.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Making fission nukes is relatively simple but hydrogen bombs simply unbelievable.

Extracting tritium and deuterium as well as highly enriched uranium 235 is the most difficult part and so is designing of hydrogen bomb. A beggar country of North Korea calibre certainly can't do it on its own. If it was Japan or Germany or even Brazil it would have been believable.

The main actors are behind the scene. China is playing all the cards to bring down America by destroying their economy and dollar and tying them militarily.
Hydrogen bombs don't need tritium extracted. Just the HWR reactor deuterium is irradiated to get Tritium. Also, Li6 can be used. India for example, separates PHWR deuterium and gets Tritium. The PHWR tritium formation is harmful for scientists as they will get radiation effect and hence they filter that out. Tritium is a byproduct of the distillation

delbruky

THE VALOR OF BHAI SATI DAS 1621-1675
Country flag
Wow, Trump really had a point didn't he? With Germany's economy and scientific knowledge, they can make a more powerful military than China if they wished to, but they don't even bother having 4 operational submarines.
No disrespect to you dear brother, can't help notice You said "than china", I agree that Chinese have a large army but cmon bro 'the chinese' with their stolen drawings and with no fundamental understating of ergonomics, design, mechanics, optics and physics are a Piece of shit power rightly called "PAPEL TIGEL" for a reason. I beg you to not make such a wahiyaat comparison again.

The Germans even today if willing and if need to can create THE MOST FORMIDABLE in army, navy, air force and cyber command in the WORLD in NO TIME. I have spoken to many american and russian current vets and believe me 70 years on WW2 even today the mention of 'gestapo' sends shivers down americans and russians spines alike. The putins and other top leaders don't just move in german built motorcades for no reason.

Don't be fooled by the niceties of german govt, just wait and watch even with simpleton stuff like BREXIT for example you'll see for yourself how ferocious they can be. As the saying goes "Sau Choohey Khaker Billi haj ko chali".
Q. just guess after the soviet collapse who retrained and upgraded the russian troops equipment manufacturing processes and their modus operandi. (Rhinemetal). Indians are barely learning how to design and build modern guns, Russians are adept in designing and building their own guns but Germans make the machines that make guns..........for all.

Have you heard of a 9 axis cnc lathe?

Last edited:

captscooby81

Country flag
Underestimating the chinese progress is not really good for us ..Though they are copy cats they had come a long way from those copy cat days especially in their naval ship building

No disrespect to you dear brother, can't help notice You said "than china", I agree that Chinese have a large army but cmon bro 'the chinese' with their stolen drawings and with no fundamental understating of ergonomics, design, mechanics, optics and physics are a Piece of shit power rightly called "PAPEL TIGEL" for a reason. I beg you to not make such a wahiyaat comparison again.

The Germans even today if willing and if need to can create THE MOST FORMIDABLE in army, navy, air force and cyber command in the WORLD in NO TIME. I have spoken to many american and russian current vets and believe me 70 years on WW2 even today the mention of 'gestapo' sends shivers down americans and russians spines alike. The putins and other top leaders don't just move in german built motorcades for no reason.

Don't be fooled by the niceties of german govt, just wait and watch even with simpleton stuff like BREXIT for example you'll see for yourself how ferocious they can be. As the saying goes "Sau Choohey Khaker Billi haj ko chali".
Q. just guess after the soviet collapse who retrained and upgraded the russian troops equipment manufacturing processes and their modus operandi. (Rhinemetal). Indians are barely learning how to design and build modern guns, Russians are adept in designing and building their own guns but Germans make the machines that make guns..........for all.

delbruky

THE VALOR OF BHAI SATI DAS 1621-1675
Country flag
Underestimating the chinese progress is not really good for us ..Though they are copy cats they had come a long way from those copy cat days especially in their naval ship building

Guess who made that CNC machine?
Have you been to the shop floor of Midhani? not everyone's capabilities are up for display is on the internet/youtube.
I agree that Underestimating ain't good but over estimating ain't good either. "Dushman ko kam mat aanko aur Zyada bhi nahi"
here is another refresher.

Tanmay

Country flag
What's the timeline for the next three subs?
I guess the yard could handle 3 at a time so these 3 came out at around same time. Will the next three take more time ?

nongaddarliberal

Country flag

I was not talking about quality bro. Quality wise every man and his dog knows the germans are far ahead of even the Russians and Americans, forget the chinese. I was talking about quantity of weapons. Because germany doesnt need to have a 2.5 million man army, and equally large number for internal security like china, they can spend most of their defence budget on new weapons acquisitions and R&D. So if they simply decided to spend 4-5% of GDP on defence (which they can), then they will easily have the second most powerful military in the world. The same goes for Japan too. China is shit scared of the possibility of Japan re militarizing, since by spending only 1% of GDP on defence, Japan still has a more powerful navy than China. Imagine 5% of GDP.

Kalki_2018

Country flag
Good to see IN finally getting some SSK's. Of course SSBN/N have been inducted quietly but these are the teeth for showing while the SSN's prowl around quietly. Hopefully DRDO can put in an AIP plug and VLS for nirbhay or Brahmos-M.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
I was not talking about quality bro. Quality wise every man and his dog knows the germans are far ahead of even the Russians and Americans, forget the chinese. I was talking about quantity of weapons. Because germany doesnt need to have a 2.5 million man army, and equally large number for internal security like china, they can spend most of their defence budget on new weapons acquisitions and R&D. So if they simply decided to spend 4-5% of GDP on defence (which they can), then they will easily have the second most powerful military in the world. The same goes for Japan too. China is shit scared of the possibility of Japan re militarizing, since by spending only 1% of GDP on defence, Japan still has a more powerful navy than China. Imagine 5% of GDP.
Totally BS !
sorry to write that.

Actually german army is weak. Nothing in common with WW2 wermacht !

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I have to take issue with this because it is the Germans who are screwing up all of the joint aviation projects. A400M disaster is caused by Germans making a defective gearbox. NH90 suffering corrosion from defective airframe structures. Eurofighter supply chain held up by German contractors who can't deliver on time. That is just the aviation, if you want to talk about their own naval problems don't even get me started. Thyssenkrupp is a disaster. Really the only thing they make of quality is land systems and that is now owned 50% by France.

Kalki_2018

Country flag
https://www.navytimes.com/flashpoin...mall-to-aid-collective-defense-official-says/

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/germany-could-arm-europe-some-truly-super-submarines-24056
Germany’s submarine fleet has been going through a rough patch lately. By the end of 2017, all six of the Type 212A submarines, which use hydrogen PEM fuel cells for super quiet Air-Independent Propulsion (AIP), were either undergoing trials and overhauls or awaiting repairs for unexpected accidents—a process slowed to a glacial pace due to a failure to procure spare parts in advance

Shashwat

Country flag
What's the timeline for the next three subs?
I guess the yard could handle 3 at a time so these 3 came out at around same time. Will the next three take more time ?
By 2019 we would have remaining three in sea. By 2020 we would have all six commissioned for active duty.
No, there is a delay of 2 more years. Subs from #4 onwards will have an inordinate delay due to delay in equipment from France. Might that be due to arm twisting for more orders?

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com...corpene-submarine-project/article22596727.ece

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles