In Pakistan 'Happy Diwali' trends on Twitter for two days

Blackwater

NEW DELHI: Sometimes, tweets can be stranger than fiction. Believe it or not, the greeting Happy Diwali trended on Twitter in Pakistan on Wednesday and Thursday.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

A topic makes it to the trends list when the number of tweets about it is relatively higher at a given point in time. Ironically, the bulk of tweets contributing to the trend were those where people wondered why it was trending in Pakistan. "Happy Diwali on the top of trend list n Pakistan! Have to check again kahin India ke tou nhn dekh raha mein??" tweeted @hasiib31, who wondered if he was looking at the Indian trends.

@Rickshawrani from Karachi took it positively and tweeted: "You know what I like? I like the fact that Happy Diwali is the topmost trend in Pakistan today. #tolerance #acceptance."

There were a fair number of sincere greetings as well. "I am very much pleased to wish a Happy Diwali to all my Indian friends. We have to live a long time together so we must love one another," posted Lahore journalist @hassanNisarPK, in what turned out to be one of the most retweeted or shared tweets on Diwali eve.

Former Interior minister of Pakistan Rehman Malik posted a series of tweets. "Our prominent religious days teach us love, friendship, respect for each other. Moreover we share happy moments to forget our sorrows," he tweeted, followed by "Happy Diwali to all my Hindu brothers and sisters. I wish u all the best. I hope all my friends in India are enjoying this joyful day."

Interestingly, Happy Children's Day trended in India on Thursday.

In Pakistan, ‘Happy Diwali’ trends on Twitter for two days - Times Of India

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

This is a sign that majority of pakistani educated populace wants to convert back to way of dharma... To The sanatan dharma ... From which their forefathers were forcebly converted to barbarian ideology of looter arabs and turks

just like farhaan:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tronic

These are the Liberal extremists AM talks about...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles