In exclusive deal, India to get ‘Most Advanced’ F-16 fighter jets by 2019-20

sanjay singh

Country flag
India should only consider offer to build F-16 in India if they are ready to provide ToT of jet engine which is used in F-16

1.GE F110-GE-132 - 32,500lb (144.5kN)

The F110-GE-132 turbofan engine, the high-thrust model in the GE fighter jet engines family, features minimal rotating parts and an advanced augmentor that improve its maintainability and reduce life cycle costs.

It is 4.6m-long and 1.2m in diameter, and is fully-compatible with F-15E and F-16C/D fighters. It is also certified for operation in the F-16E/F, which is the newest variant of the F-16 aircraft.

2.source code of soft ware used in F-16

What right now they are offering in TOT is not worth it is under development in India or we can procure from other platforms

sanjay singh

Country flag
Let us assume some facts,
NO VERSION OF F-16..(block 52 to Block 70) will be cheap as Tejas.
The areas where we are far behind the developed countries is
a) Engine
b) Avionics
c) Imagination of designs and ability to develop and create bleeding/cutting edge technology.

The first two points need a push, perhaps its America or Russia, I doubt france can really help, their main focus is just to sell planes, always has been,

Russians also want to sell planes, but they are at present sanctioned by Europe and USA and so their best bet is India and China. The Chinese have already shown they can develop planes like J-20 and J-31 on their own and copy shamelessly from Russia if wanted to, but India has always shown respect to Russia for its tech and have not gone and copied products.

F-16 Block 70 is most advanced, but then twin engine planes are more reliable, and India should go for twin engined plane.. If they can make F-16 twin engine plane with two smaller engine whose thrust is more than the present engine it uses, I would really change my opinion to favour F-16. but with single engine, Not at all

Just to remind the folks again,, I prefer India go for either Su-30 MKI or Su-35 or MiG-29 or MiG-35 mainly due to commonality of parts and now India DM already solved the issue of spares by putting a system where the spares arrive at a very short notice. This in a way has already improved the availability rate of Su-30 MKI that now the "chair marshalls" of IAF are dumb struck as to how to approach the DM to try and push for rafale..
India should only consider offer to build F-16 in India if they are ready to provide ToT of jet engine which is used in F-16

1.GE F110-GE-132 - 32,500lb (144.5kN)

The F110-GE-132 turbofan engine, the high-thrust model in the GE fighter jet engines family, features minimal rotating parts and an advanced augmentor that improve its maintainability and reduce life cycle costs.

It is 4.6m-long and 1.2m in diameter, and is fully-compatible with F-15E and F-16C/D fighters. It is also certified for operation in the F-16E/F, which is the newest variant of the F-16 aircraft.

2.source code of soft ware used in F-16

What right now they are offering in TOT is not worth it is under development in India or we can procure from other platforms

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
If US gives us GE F110 TOT can we use this engine for our su-30mki's.....:confused1:

Let us assume some facts,
NO VERSION OF F-16..(block 52 to Block 70) will be cheap as Tejas.
The areas where we are far behind the developed countries is
a) Engine
b) Avionics
c) Imagination of designs and ability to develop and create bleeding/cutting edge technology.

The first two points need a push, perhaps its America or Russia, I doubt france can really help, their main focus is just to sell planes, always has been,

Russians also want to sell planes, but they are at present sanctioned by Europe and USA and so their best bet is India and China. The Chinese have already shown they can develop planes like J-20 and J-31 on their own and copy shamelessly from Russia if wanted to, but India has always shown respect to Russia for its tech and have not gone and copied products.

F-16 Block 70 is most advanced, but then twin engine planes are more reliable, and India should go for twin engined plane.. If they can make F-16 twin engine plane with two smaller engine whose thrust is more than the present engine it uses, I would really change my opinion to favour F-16. but with single engine, Not at all

Just to remind the folks again,, I prefer India go for either Su-30 MKI or Su-35 or MiG-29 or MiG-35 mainly due to commonality of parts and now India DM already solved the issue of spares by putting a system where the spares arrive at a very short notice. This in a way has already improved the availability rate of Su-30 MKI that now the "chair marshalls" of IAF are dumb struck as to how to approach the DM to try and push for rafale..
You absolutely right we need to focus on indigenousness., We can't keep on buying things out right.,

We need our own systems for the steps are already taken., But unfortunately everything struck in between at various level if we spend some money on it we can complete it., Say for example Kaveri engine, Uttam Radar, Astra Missile

Blessings in disguise is that people are ready to clear those mentioned above either by offset clause or some out right payments., Like snecma for Kaveri engine, Elbit for Uttam ( upgrading) and Rafale defence system Israel for Astra., If we can complete all those projects then we have big pie of project will be with us

Filtercoffee

Country flag
You absolutely right we need to focus on indigenousness., We can't keep on buying things out right.,

We need our own systems for the steps are already taken., But unfortunately everything struck in between at various level if we spend some money on it we can complete it., Say for example Kaveri engine, Uttam Radar, Astra Missile

Blessings in disguise is that people are ready to clear those mentioned above either by offset clause or some out right payments., Like snecma for Kaveri engine, Elbit for Uttam ( upgrading) and Rafale defence system Israel for Astra., If we can complete all those projects then we have big pie of project will be with us
If I may interject, all your points are correct. Thumbs up I say!

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk

Filtercoffee

Country flag
I know for it is true only made in India will work from now on. We make the free, free I think.

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk

Filtercoffee

Country flag
I sincerely hope engineers are reading these posts. Always keep ur friend engaged?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles