In Afghanistan Pakistanis pretend to be Indians

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Even though this article is about India's role in Afghanistan, I want to highlight one significant aspect

Nothing angers me more than seeing Pakis pretending to be Indians in foreign locations. They keep doing it all over the West. These useless people do all kinds of shit possible, behave like pigs, and pretend to be Indians.

If they were so interested in calling themselves Indians, why did they make such a fuss and cause millions of deaths with a bloody partition? Having done that, let them enjoy the fruits of their pureland.

Else, let them come out openly and say that they have failed, and they made a big mistake - let them then give up nukes and stay under the Indian military umbrella after splitting into their constituent states - Balochistan, Sindh, Pakhtunkhwa, Pakjab, etc.

India stepping up to the challenge of post-2014 Afghanistan | India Insight

Racing through the deserted streets of Kabul at nighttime, you are likely to be stopped at street corners by policemen once, twice or even more. If you are a South Asian, as I am, their guard is up even more. "Pakistani or Indian?" the cop barks out as you lower your window. When I answer "Indian", he wants me to produce a passport to prove that, and as it happens, I am not carrying one. So I am pulled out of the car in the freezing cold and given a full body search, with the policemen muttering under his breath in Dari that everyone goes around claiming to be an Indian, especially Pakistanis.
To be an Indian in Kabul is to be greeted warmly wherever you go, whether it is negotiating a security barrier or seeking a meeting with a government official. There is an easing of tensions (in Afghanistan, the fear uppermost in the mind is that the stranger at the door could be an attacker and you don't have too long to judge), Bollywood is almost immediately mentioned, and your hosts will go out of their way to help.
To be a Pakistani is a bit more fraught. The body search is rigorous, the questioning hostile, and, more often than not, you have to be rescued by a Western colleague :rotfl: especially if you are entering one of those heavily guarded, unmarked restaurants frequented by foreigners.
@datguy79

Last edited by a moderator:

parijataka

Country flag
Well, Pakistani (and Bangladeshi) restaurants abroad routinely call themselves `Indian`.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Well, Pakistani (and Bangladeshi) restaurants abroad routinely call themselves `Indian`.
To be honest, atleast in NY, I find almost all desi restaurants clearly mentioning Pak-Afghan-Indian-BD cuisine and not just Indian.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The Indian identity is the safest.

It encompasses all religions and ideas including zany ones!

You can be somebody and yet nobody!

That blends you well into any environment!

indian_sukhoi

Its and open fact

A Cousin of mine who visited Cyprus, encountered these kind of people. A Pakistani was selling drugs pretending himself has a Indian.

Most of those people in rather prefer call them self Indians and pakistanis in outside. Cheap people always maintain this kind of mentality, no matter wherever they go.

Blackwater

only because if gora comes to know they r bong or paki . pathar pene ha

2ndly these pakis and bongodeshi do all sort of 2 numbari work abroad. if caught indian will be bedname

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Paki word is considered a slurrrrrrr today....... :lol:

Agnostic Muslim

Can't speak to the experiences of others, but on a personal level I always point out that I am Pakistani when the subject of origin comes up. Heck, in my job interviews in the US I worked in my Pakistani origin and experiences as part of my 'sales pitch' in order to differentiate my candidacy from others, and so far it has worked great!

Reactions: sob

The Fox

Can't speak to the experiences of others, but on a personal level I always point out that I am Pakistani when the subject of origin comes up. Heck, in my job interviews in the US I worked in my Pakistani origin and experiences as part of my 'sales pitch' in order to differentiate my candidacy from others, and so far it has worked great!
well then you are one in a 100 million............. Congrats

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
I'm not saying that you're lying, but all Pakistanis claim that they "never ever pretend to be Indians", when they're asked directly about it. :)

The reality is often different.

Agnostic Muslim

well then you are one in a 100 million............. Congrats
I'm not saying that you're lying, but all Pakistanis claim that they "never ever pretend to be Indians", when they're asked directly about it. :)

The reality is often different.
And you two have concrete statistics to support claims of 'All Pakistanis lie when asked' and/or that I am 'one in a 100 million'?

Taking anecdotal accounts published in the news to generalize the attitudes of all or a majority of Pakistanis is a pretty flawed and desperate exercise.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Inside Pakistan they hate India. Anywhere outside Pakistan they fake themselves as Indians. Much as they want to run away from having anything to do with Indians, they end up more and more pretending to be Indians. And whats more, they are pretending to be Indians in a country they call their backyard, their twin brothers and what not.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
And you two have concrete statistics to support claims of 'All Pakistanis lie when asked' and/or that I am 'one in a 100 million'?

Taking anecdotal accounts published in the news to generalize the attitudes of all or a majority of Pakistanis is a pretty flawed and desperate exercise.
Post 9/11, we did hear a lot of Pakistanis pretending to be Indians. Off course we cannot generalize, but quite a number did from various sources.

Agnostic Muslim

Post 9/11, we did hear a lot of Pakistanis pretending to be Indians. Off course we cannot generalize, but quite a number did from various sources.
Again, you are referencing a handful of anecdotal accounts. Even arguing 'a lot of Pakistanis' based on those accounts is a deeply flawed exercise.

Agnostic Muslim

And whats more, they are pretending to be Indians in a country they call their backyard, their twin brothers and what not.
Given the rampant anti-Pakistan attitudes in Afghanistan that the article itself alludes to, I find the argument that many Pakistanis in Afghanistan would try and pass themselves off as Indian if stopped at a check-post or similar situation credible. The Pakistani diplomatic missions have been attacked several times, so it stands to reason that Pakistanis fearful of being arrested, or worse, would try and hide their identity. The problem here lies more with the attitudes of the Afghans, in openly discriminating against Pakistanis and targeting them, and not with Pakistanis trying to conduct their business in the country.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Given the rampant anti-Pakistan attitudes in Afghanistan that the article itself alludes to, I find the argument that many Pakistanis in Afghanistan would try and pass themselves off as Indian if stopped at a check-post or similar situation credible. The Pakistani diplomatic missions have been attacked several times, so it stands to reason that Pakistanis fearful of being arrested, or worse, would try and hide their identity. The problem here lies more with the attitudes of the Afghans, in openly discriminating against Pakistanis and targeting them, and not with Pakistanis trying to conduct their business in the country.
Reflects on the status of the lack of it for pakistanis. And it is all the doing of the Pakistanis who has meddled deeply in Afghanistan. Pakistan is pretty shameless in calling Afghanistan their backyard and also openly saying that the support for Taliban was to secure strategic depth against India. Afghans know that their land is being used by Pak for Paks own narrow motives. Pakistanis are getting what they deserve.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

Apart from dozens of news reports, I know of many anecdotal accounts too.

More importantly, I can understand this behviour perfectly when I place myself in the shoes of Pakistanis. What you guys are doing makes perfect sense. Had I been a Paki, I would have done the same. :truestory:

That doesn't stop me from getting angry when I hear such reports though. :rage:

The Fox

dude at any cost i will not let any one address me or be addressed as a Paki ever even if it kills me i would die but i will not bear the shame of addressing me as a Paki but on the other hand take a look at these................. these are not isolated incident it is as common as u and me .................... if you pakis have so much pride in being a paki then why do you have to address yourself as indian.................after all one paki = 10 indians rite ......... and the people in southern indians are ugly and short and physically deformed rite according to your text books....................

Sethi US Pakistanis Pretend as Indians SHOWS HINDU Heritage and ISLAM is a failure - YouTube

Pakistanis | STOP pretending as Indians in America after Mumbai Terrorist Attacks, Time Sq Plot.mp4 - YouTube

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles