Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Its not "bugs", but "bucks". Ah you madarasis, spell as you speak :D

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I'm nost sure if you will get thin lens for 1000 bugs unless they are butterflies. :D
:pound:

Good to see you back, alive and kicking!

I am not going to ask you where you were hiding, because you will say that if you told the DFI, you would have to find a new hiding place.

There was a Red Alert for you!!

:rofl:

SPIEZ

Country flag
Thanks people for all your suggestions. Just got off the phone with the shop-owner who happens to be a friend of my dad. I am getting my self a lens with 1.6 T.I. a total cost Rs.4000/-, replacing the 1.5 T.I. which currently resides in my new frame, free of cost :D.

There are a few doubts I have
1) My old lens, considering it was 2 years old, and with 1.6 T.I. since its thin, is around Rs.1000.
2) The new lens with 1.6 T.I. (4.5 LE 6.5 R.E. , cyd 3 in each eye) is worth Rs.2500 with same power.

Yes! It's an essilor lens.
Is this the same price everywhere ?
Why was it so cheap 2 years back.

Last edited:

SPIEZ

Country flag
Yusuf Bhai allow me to point to your flaws the next time. IMO< that should keep me busy ;)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I dont know if your fathers friend is giving you any discount on the essilor lens. Ask for the MRP and what disount he is offering. I get a 20% discount from one place and he aint no friend of my father!!

SPIEZ

Country flag
As I said the MRP he had stated earlier for the 1.6 T.I. lens is Rs.2500. The discount happens to be for the 1.5 T.I. lens which now resides in my new frame.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Thanks people for all your suggestions. Just got off the phone with the shop-owner who happens to be a friend of my dad. I am getting my self a lens with 1.6 T.I. a total cost Rs.4000/-, replacing the 1.5 T.I. which currently resides in my new frame, free of cost :D.

There are a few doubts I have
1) My old lens, considering it was 2 years old, and with 1.6 T.I. since its thin, is around Rs.1000.
2) The new lens with 1.6 T.I. (4.5 LE 6.5 R.E. , cyd 3 in each eye) is worth Rs.2500 with same power.

Yes! It's an essilor lens.
Is this the same price everywhere ?
Why was it so cheap 2 years back.
The essilor lens you are talking about is most likely Crizal A2 with 1.59 index. It comes around for INR 2000. But you need to find exact lens he is putting. There are many versions in essilor - varlilux, crizal, trio easy clean HMC etc etc. If you tell me the exact models of the lens I can tell you if he is overcharging or not.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
It cost me Rs 11,000 and it was heart-wrenching to pay.

Thank God that plastic money was invented! :rofl:
:shocked: That's a lot unless you are using 1.74 index crizal A2 lens and a frame of an international brand.

What contact lens do you use sir?.

I'm asking these questions because soon I'm going to launch an online optical store which will sell contacts, frames and sunglasses and there will be a very good rates for DFI members :)

http://www.eyevilla.com

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
:shocked: That's a lot unless you are using 1.74 index crizal A2 lens and a frame of an international brand.

I'm asking these questions because soon I'm going to launch an online optical store which will sell contacts, frames and sunglasses and there will be a very good rates for DFI members :)
Someone ban this spammer who wants to sell stuff. :D

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I wear zero powered crizal coated glasses just for working on computer. Bought the cheapest of frames back then because my kids are a threat to my frame. But made sure the glasses were the best quality.

SPIEZ

Country flag

I want a discount of 75% :D

SPIEZ

Country flag
The essilor lens you are talking about is most likely Crizal A2 with 1.59 index. It comes around for INR 2000. But you need to find exact lens he is putting. There are many versions in essilor - varlilux, crizal, trio easy clean HMC etc etc. If you tell me the exact models of the lens I can tell you if he is overcharging or not.
I ll try to find, what should I ask him for ?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Buy Eyeglasses, Spectacles, Sunglasses and Contact Lenses online at Best Prices | Eyevilla.com
I don't use contact lenses.

I use the Crizal lens, scratchproof and photochromatic.

I am not aware of the frame being imported or not, but it is somewhat expensive (at least for me).

I get the optical stuff from GKB.

Will you have COD facilities?

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles