Imran fears revolt in Pak army

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
That was a a irresponsible statement by Imran Khan.

It is practically suggesting that the Army should revolt.

If the Army revolts, then real anarchy will prevail in Pakistan!

And some fools may on their own attack India to make hay while the sun shine so as to add to the whole confusion.

Ray - i think you have hit it spot on - and i sure hope india is prepared and ready for the ultimate.....let's face it - a coup by the army is not out of the question and the coup leader may not carry the whole this time around - there could easily be a split in the military - factions

i think the top brass in india are aware that pak is about to fall apart - question is when and how - never if ... but given the response of the system to the mumbai 26/11 and more recently especially the congestion of communications bandwith or rather lack of their own comms system and transportation issues for the troopers in 26/11 - i sure wonder if india will be prepared, ever ! .

Last edited:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
That was a a irresponsible statement by Imran Khan.

It is practically suggesting that the Army should revolt.

If the Army revolts, then real anarchy will prevail in Pakistan!

And some fools may on their own attack India to make hay while the sun shine so as to add to the whole confusion.
Can't get worse than present, can it? If PA revolts, Zardari and Gilani would run to US and UK, PPP will be disbanded and all the gangs in that country would come out and wage a war against each other. What's happening in Karachi will happen all over Pakistan.

sob

Mod
Country flag
We all know that for some time the PA has been keen to prop up Imran Khan as their candidate for the Pak PM post. Their earlier Blue Eyed Boy Nawaz Sharif has seen the writing on the wall and distanced himself from PA.

They need to have their own candidate as the PM. All the statements from Imran Khan are designed to deflect attention from the real issues and give a fig leaf for future army action in Pakistan.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I agree that there is a good chance that a revolt in Pakistan Army may well occur.

Basically Pakistan Army cannot shut down Jihadis because they are so numerous and so well entrenched and they have widespread support amongst the PA ranks.
However, due to intense US pressure Kayani has had to order his troops to attack their own "comrades". This can lead to revolts if Kayani bows further and further to the American pressure. We can already see the Pak establishment fight back against the US, and this is solely because Kayani fears for PA and Pak's future if there is a revolt in the ranks. Musharraf was the target of many failed assassination bids from junior officers for exactly this reason.
Kayani has an unenviable job of deftly navigating between radicals of Pakistan and the American WoT machinery.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles