Imran fears revolt in Pak army

Blackwater

Lahore, July 23
Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan has said that a "revolt in the Pakistan army" is likely to take place at any time because of the policies of the army and the PPP-led government, including their participation in the war on terror.

"The army is fighting America's war. Now on its order, the Pakistan army is set to launch an operation in North Waziristan, where according to the US 5,000 Taliban are hiding.

"Will the Pakistan army strike against 3,50,000 people living there to hunt down 5,000?" Imran said while explaining his claim that there would be a revolt in the army.

"The operation will certainly cause massive casualties among innocent people," Imran Khan, who heads the Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf party, told a gathering in Lahore yesterday.

He questioned how a handful of terrorists engaged some 1,500 security personnel during the attack on a naval airbase in Karachi in May. "Even Rambo could not have done this. It shows there is resentment among army officials, who are against fighting with their own men," said Imran, who had once offered to mediate between the government and the Taliban.

Imran said there was a need to revise Pakistan's policy on the war on terror. "Innocent people are being killed in US drone attacks and the rulers shamelessly have given licence to the US to kill Pakistani citizens," he said:becky::becky:

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - World

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I would appreciate an army revolt in Pakistan(sans the bloodshed),at least there would be one center of power to talk to, all this ambiguity is only adding to the Indo-Pak mess.

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I would appreciate an army revolt in Pakistan(sans the bloodshed),at least there would be one center of power to talk to, all this ambiguity is only adding to the Indo-Pak mess.
Sir do you believe that PA would talk peace with India if that happen???

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
This is going to happen, sooner or later,pakistan is land of pure, only pure can live there. The more purity getting added to lower rank will only motivate them to kill the upper layer of "less pure".

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Sir do you believe that PA would talk peace with India if that happen???
I don't know about peace but at least we would know whom to punish if something sinister is plotted against us, right now PA has somehow managed to project itself as something that is detached from the politics so whenever it does something on our soil the civilian government distances itself from it by playing the victim card, when there is no civilian government Pak, army would be accountable for any attack aimed at India from its soil.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
Lahore, July 23
Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan has said that a "revolt in the Pakistan army" is likely to take place at any time because of the policies of the army and the PPP-led government, including their participation in the war on terror.

"The army is fighting America's war. Now on its order, the Pakistan army is set to launch an operation in North Waziristan, where according to the US 5,000 Taliban are hiding.

"Will the Pakistan army strike against 3,50,000 people living there to hunt down 5,000?" Imran said while explaining his claim that there would be a revolt in the army.

"The operation will certainly cause massive casualties among innocent people," Imran Khan, who heads the Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf party, told a gathering in Lahore yesterday.

He questioned how a handful of terrorists engaged some 1,500 security personnel during the attack on a naval airbase in Karachi in May. "Even Rambo could not have done this. It shows there is resentment among army officials, who are against fighting with their own men," said Imran, who had once offered to mediate between the government and the Taliban.

Imran said there was a need to revise Pakistan's policy on the war on terror. "Innocent people are being killed in US drone attacks and the rulers shamelessly have given licence to the US to kill Pakistani citizens," he said:becky::becky:

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - World
well what would happen if he becomes PM of pakistan.expect more bloodshed in J&k as he supports his own men(terroerist) hidding in North Waziristan

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
If this is to happen, say, how many of you are willing to contribute funding a UAV getting first hand footage of ensuing chaos that would go on?:becky:

I would definitely get buy some beer and popcorn and keep 'em ready for the show to watch. What say?:laugh:

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
well what would happen if he becomes PM of pakistan.expect more bloodshed in J&k as he supports his own men(terroerist) hidding in North Waziristan
He won't last very long to become the PM since most of the Pakistan is Pak Punjabi dominated in terms of high positions (barring the Army). There was a time when Pushtuns were given strong positions in Pak Army (Yahya and Ayub Khan examples) but now it is total monopoly of Punjabis and Sindhis there.

With Karachi literally drowned in a virtual civil war on these lines, I don't think he'd choose to become the PM with his explicit support for the violence coming from Pathan areas.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
If this is to happen, say, how many of you are willing to contribute funding a UAV getting first hand footage of ensuing chaos that would go on?:becky:

I would definitely get buy some beer and popcorn and keep 'em ready for the show to watch. What say?:laugh:
I suggest we contribute with crates of mangoes and lamp posts :D

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Rambo....license to kill...hmmm an ex-cricketer talking in a filmy way...lol, well at least he thinks for his people. may god bless him.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Imran is only playing to the gallary as Pashtun, Pathans, and Tribals, Imaran's constituency is being thrashed by Pakjabies (Punjabies) with artillary, attack hellicopters and PAF, also drones. He may be getting sentimental that unconqourable are being vanquished by the weak Pakjabies. He is also echoeing faers of the future when Imran may be cricketer of Pakhoonistan rather than Pakistan. It would be painful for elites and well to do Pakhtoons and Pathans to leave Punjab and Sindh and run for their mountains.

Since, Pak Army is a good combination of Pathans and Punjabies, the continued thrasing of either community may ignite a divide and a revolt. Then the race will be for control of nuclear weapons which have been kept safe in Punjab. It is a scarry scenario. Pathan with his big gun will be a big threat for Pakjabies and Sindhis which were trapled by the Pathan for centuries together.

agentperry

whenever pak army takes over somehow things gets into order(economically) in pak and then pakis start their overtone on us. pak can only be defeated when pakistanis are defeated, when a pakistani loses all hope then ntn can help pakistan and it will go down like cards. and thats what exactly i want. im not an enemy of pak, neither i have any bad feelings for pak but i dont like proud faces of pakis u call me jealous or any other thing but i really dont like false-proudowner pakis

mayfair

A Pakistani chiding others about wet dreams. I wonder if the concept of irony is lost on some.

mayfair

You mean to say Imran Khan is an Indian? Never knew that. Damn what a bowling attack we could have had.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
That was a a irresponsible statement by Imran Khan.

It is practically suggesting that the Army should revolt.

If the Army revolts, then real anarchy will prevail in Pakistan!

And some fools may on their own attack India to make hay while the sun shine so as to add to the whole confusion.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I wish there is revolt by IA,IN and IAF against this GOI regime.. That would be music to our ears..

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
Imran Khan the politician is a joke even in Pakistan.
Nobody takes this guy seriously except some western media outfits.

He should have stayed in the UK and stuck to his favorite pastime of shagging British chicks.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles