Important Announcements - Must Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Great!!! I hope more of these members actively participate.

AkhandBharat

I agree with dark sorrow, the number of active members on this forum is very less and even amonst those we don't have many debates going on to keep the forum active. Most people just post articles and aren't bothered to post their views on various topics that spark debates.

MOD EDIT: If you have anything to say about any member use PM option, and an advice please avoid being libelous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Congrats to DFI. Thanks to all the members. Yes there are quite less active members and it is a concern. They certainly are not less than 10 active posters. AV could give the number of active members. Posting of only news articles is something which can start debates and in DFI from the start we have encouraged posting of own views rather than just articles, there should be an announcement too in this regard that we had made sometime last year. But then we cannot force people.

Ahmed if at all you didn't ban those millions we would have had a lot more members. Lol

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
congrats to the members and to the team members.

coming to the concerns raised by DS, and AB, which are well taken and yes the points you two raise are a concern for us as well but let me give you a little perspective of how things have turned for the better for DFI. back in january when the site was down for 3-4 days due to upgrade we lost a huge amount of traffic, right before which (Nov, Dec) DFI was doing all time high numbers in terms of post count and the number of discussions with a near 700-800posts a day which post the shut down went down to a mere 125-150/day but since we have steadily climbed and today we do a 1000(+)posts every 2-3days time line and this when the DFI staff remains inherently allergic to one liner discussions and which has been consistently discouraged.

we at our level have taken certain measures to work in the intended direction and which have worked which also gets shown in the stats revealed by Avi but we are more than open to your suggestions on how to better the experience, help us increase the post count, and the number of discussions. i request you guys to start a separate thread in the suggestions forum with your suggestions and we can take it forward from there.

regards and thanks.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Nice to know about you VIR....
Hope DFI grows even better in your responsible hands...

Regards,
Nrj

Oracle

I just found out that this thread has been posted at 25-09-2009 03:57 PM =omg=

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
lots of water flown since then... Avi can tell more.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Ban Oracle!!
I thought its fresh thread. Thats what I've been thinking, AV told few things earlier & now i was confused...
My bad, i didn't check the date...

Oracle

What? I was in another thread and in the bottom 'Similar Threads' I saw this, and thought to be a new thread. Give me a temporary ban, but ban nrj permanently :)

A.V.

lol need to close this thread ......... its all done with vir is no longer active and amar<.v0id> is busy with studies ........

A.V.

taking all the member suggestions on how to improve this place the mod team will make a new structure for the posting style to encourage better discussions a framework is being done on the suggestions provided to stop the article posting and better views and debates

Zaki

Country flag
good news, this forum deserves to have 40,000 members instead :)

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Thousands of members but only dozens of regular posters. Need more posting to pick up activity.

Neil

Country flag
i think we need to advertise are self more....i mean people know about BHARAT RAKSHAK like hell then why not our site.....??!!

A.V.

In order to have better posting and opening of new threads it has been brought to our notice by the members that the forum required some tuneups to posting rules.

we have made the forum interface simple merging the various forum sections into compact widespread forums and threads as dedicated for discussions
the posts have been moved to various forums to merge threads will be notified shortly in detail.

Country flag
i think we need to advertise are self more....i mean people know about BHARAT RAKSHAK like hell then why not our site.....??!!
If you do a google search on Indian missiles, etc... you will find our threads are in the first few pages, as the quality and quantity of the forum content grows the forum will automatically grow.

Last edited:

BunBunCake

good news, this forum deserves to have 40,000 members instead :)
When are you going to post Zaki? Comon yar not just the news articles :D I want to see you post.

Thousands of members but only dozens of regular posters. Need more posting to pick up activity.
Usually that's about it. Less than 20% of visitors on my website even REGISTER. But again, make the site user friendly, you will have 90% of the people posting. A lot of people don't even know what a Thread is.

We don't really need to advertise (that costs money)
We should do Link-exchanges. That brings in a lot. I get 99% of my traffic from outside websites.

Web Server Statistics for uzumakionline.jpg

_2010-07-01_09-59-51_2010-07-01_10-06-47.jpg

None of the hits are from ads. They'are ALL from outside sites (link exchanges, most of em) and google.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles