I'm a Pakistani and I married my first cousin. AMA

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Well, what can I say?. The Paki is just lucky that he didn't had diseased off-springs. Keeping aside his case, it is a known medical fact that marriage among cousins leads to birth of kids with genetic anomalies with a high frequency.

Here is a BBC program on cousin marriage in Pakistani community in Britain and the genetic abnormalities their kids are born with.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Marrying cousins happens not only in Pakistan but also in India.

The only thing to be concerned is if it was parallel cousin (like mom's sister's daughter) or cross cousin (mom's bro's daughter).

The latter is pretty common in South India and I'm surprised IDIOT did not know it.

KS

Bye bye DFI
it is a known medical fact that marriage among leads to birth of kids with genetic anomalies with a high frequency.
Not necessarily. If that was the case much of south India would have been genetically retarded as cross-cousin marriages were widely prevalent till the previous generation and common even now.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

The only thing to be concerned is if it was parallel cousin (like mom's sister's daughter) or cross cousin (mom's bro's daughter).

The latter is pretty common in South India and I'm surprised IDIOT did not know it.
It used to be a common thing but that has subsided a lot in recent years which is a good thing. Both parallel and cross cousin marriages are equally at risk of bearing genetically anomalous babies.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Not necessarily. If that was the case much of south India would have been genetically retarded as cross-cousin marriages were widely prevalent till the previous generation and common even now.
The frequency even in those days is much less than what Pakistanis practice which is >50%.

Even among my Parent's generation I only see 1 in 10 marriages to be among the cross cousins. Now that figure is close to Zero.

BangersAndMash

Here in the UK more than 50 per cent of British Pakistanis marry their cousins. In some parts of the country the figure among ethnic Pakistanis is even higher. Back when my grandparents were having their children the medical facts were not established; today in Britain alone there are more than 70 published scientific studies which show cousin marriages lead to an increased chance of having a child born with a genetic disorder.

Studies also show that the chances of having a child born with birth defects double if you are first cousins and that the children of first cousins are ten times more likely to be born with recessive genetic disorders which can include infant mortality, deafness and blindness.

Another major report carried out in Britain in 2008 found that one third of all children suffering from rare genetic diseases are British Pakistani.

Dispatches - Features - When Cousins Marry: Reporter Feature - Channel 4

KS

Bye bye DFI
It used to be a common thing but that has subsided a lot in recent years which is a good thing. Both parallel and cross cousin marriages are equally at risk of bearing genetically anomalous babies.
But it did not happen that way...did it ?

For example in our community cross-cousin marriages was extensive till previous generation and afaik all of them were super-healthy, intelligent ones.

Infact only the recent gen are low on health due to food habits.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod

For example in our community cross-cousin marriages was extensive till previous generation and afaik all of them were super-healthy, intelligent ones.

Perhaps, its a case of not having recessive genes causing the disease in your community.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
LMAO...Pakistanis are literally inbreed and not even metaphorically!?

BangersAndMash

LMAO...Pakistanis are literally inbreed and not even metaphorically!?
It is no laughing matter! These bloody pakis are a big burden on our overstretched NHS, they are only 1.7% of the total British population, yet 33% of all babies born with genetic diseases are pakis! Doctors have campaigned to teach these pakis a lesson, but they don't learn! If they stop f**king thier sisters, it would save us alot of money!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
It is beleived that at one point of time total human population fell to 5000. So from that to several billion its fair to assume we are all a product of incest at one point or the other.

Blackwater

i didt see in my culture i mean north indian or punjabi culture. Though i had long crush on my mama's daughter lolllllllllllll

Soorya Dhanush

+1 Like:thumb:

Soorya Dhanush

It is no laughing matter! These bloody pakis are a big burden on our overstretched NHS, they are only 1.7% of the total British population, yet 33% of all babies born with genetic diseases are pakis! Doctors have campaigned to teach these pakis a lesson, but they don't learn! If they stop f**king thier sisters, it would save us alot of money!
Think before you post...there may be many indians did the same thing...its not nice to use such words....

Last edited:

Soorya Dhanush

Respect cultural diversities....

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag

the problem is not with them but with us. We should stop this BS. There is a reason all advanced countries are against this. But if we (south indians ) are gonna say that we will believe that the sun goes around the earth just because it has been in tradition, then no one can save us.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Think before you post...there may be many indians did the same thing...its not nice to use such words....
then let those morons atleast realise now what the world thinks about cousin marriages. Two hundred years ago "sati" was mandatary and child marriage was the norm. Will you say that we love tradition and start pushing widows into their husbands' graves? Grow up India!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles