If we've to choose between Israel and Iran, choose the former

If India had to choose between Iran and Israel, what should India do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adux

Country flag
Messiah,

1. Doesnt make any sense, with regards to USA. USA cant have Pakistan in their control, neither are the Pakistani's available for total control by US. They want to be in Chinese control.
2. We dont want the Yanks to be in control of pakistani's, we want the Yanks free of Pakistani's. Pakistani see USA as a threat, even if it isnt there vice versa. Free the Yanks from Pakistani grip, they will come down hard on them, even if they didnt new Iran and we will.
3. USA is a NUMERO UNO TARGET for terrorist, Israel and India are second and third. Pakistan is no longer a India specific terror center.
5. Relvence is in context of Cold War, They wanted to be in Pakistan to check USSR, that is no longer there. They dont want to be based out of Pakistan because they are already in (Iran) Iraq, Kuwait, Afghanistan etc.
6. They dont have control over the Pakistani's, the OBL episode should have told you that. Pakis are feeding them chumps to snare them into a trap, they know it. They want a clear and peaceful route to Afghanistan.
7. They cannot withdraw from Afghanistan or from War on Terror. Wether we do anything or not. India, USA and Israel are prime targets of Islamic terrorism

Idea is to free USA from Pakistan. Pakistan is already in the Chinese and Islamic terror side. Iran will offer route for both India and USA into Afghanistan. A Freed USA from Pakistan, will still be under attack from Islamic terrorist in Pakistan, also ISI proxy Taliban. So, USA will be forced to turn on Pakistan, of whom they have no use WRT Afghanistan. This is when India turns on the screws.

The next stage is denuclearization and break up , and creation of Indian access into Afghanistan.

Adux

Country flag
To get a proper stance of usa ragarding pakistan we must demand they help in balocistan getting independence and in return we'll help them in our region. If they reject then we'll know there real stance.

Agreed about the nuclear part....ive never said they should have nukes.
USA supports more Balochistan causes than India. We are the one's who are not doing anything.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
At present we should try to negotiate between them expecting a positive outcome, which is hard to be realized. We shouldn't interfere too much as it's not our problem. But if i have to choose one among them then i'll choose Israel, as it's a very small country and only one big Iranian Nuke can destroy it (Iran has already threatened to do so). I personally think no Islamic country deserves Nukes as i can't trust them and their hidden Jihadi mentality. The way in which Iranian nuclear scientists have been killed shows the anxiousness of Israel. Israel has the right of existence which should be secured, OTOH Iran doesn't have such risks of extinction.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Messiah,

1. Doesnt make any sense, with regards to USA. USA cant have Pakistan in their control, neither are the Pakistani's available for total control by US. They want to be in Chinese control.
2. We dont want the Yanks to be in control of pakistani's, we want the Yanks free of Pakistani's. Pakistani see USA as a threat, even if it isnt there vice versa. Free the Yanks from Pakistani grip, they will come down hard on them, even if they didnt new Iran and we will.
3. USA is a NUMERO UNO TARGET for terrorist, Israel and India are second and third. Pakistan is no longer a India specific terror center.
5. Relvence is in context of Cold War, They wanted to be in Pakistan to check USSR, that is no longer there. They dont want to be based out of Pakistan because they are already in (Iran) Iraq, Kuwait, Afghanistan etc.
6. They dont have control over the Pakistani's, the OBL episode should have told you that. Pakis are feeding them chumps to snare them into a trap, they know it. They want a clear and peaceful route to Afghanistan.
7. They cannot withdraw from Afghanistan or from War on Terror. Wether we do anything or not. India, USA and Israel are prime targets of Islamic terrorism

Idea is to free USA from Pakistan. Pakistan is already in the Chinese and Islamic terror side. Iran will offer route for both India and USA into Afghanistan. A Freed USA from Pakistan, will still be under attack from Islamic terrorist in Pakistan, also ISI proxy Taliban. So, USA will be forced to turn on Pakistan, of whom they have no use WRT Afghanistan. This is when India turns on the screws.

The next stage is denuclearization and break up , and creation of Indian access into Afghanistan.
I dont agree with a few points. so lets agree to disagree.

But let me finish off by saying i wish what you've written turns out to be true. :)

Adux

Country flag
Messiah,

Nobody is going to fight our wars, but we have to set the scene using others to make it easier for ourselves. USA post cold war, post rise of china and post OBL is not the same as 1971 Enterprise incident. They have no option but to be on our side, but as long as they are stuck in afghanistan through Pakistan, they have no other option but to give into pakistan. Islamic terrorists is their primary threat as of now, Pakistan says, we will stop the one's coming to you but you have to keep a blind eye towards India, which US did. But unfortunately for them, Pakistani isnt in total control of the jehadi's as well as USA is too important a target to be left alone, even for India. And after OBL , it is even more so. USA needs a route.Everything starts from regime change in Iran.

ashicjose

India must warn Iran and help Israel to act against this terror attack.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Israel has taken out many people in covert ops. I dont remember any of those going to the UN for vote. Its international game of chess. India really does not want to spoil anything with Iran. International oil is at $120. Bargain and buy at $75. Iran better sell for something than nothing at all.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
what is the point of this useless vote anyways ? it will get thrown into the dustbin by russia and china.

this is israeli move to create a divide between our fine relation with both.

ashicjose

what is the point of this useless vote anyways ? it will get thrown into the dustbin by russia and china.

you mean israel did this

pmaitra

I think the Arab League, pushed by KSA, has a lot of interest in this as much as Israel.Let's not blame Israel alone.

pmaitra

Why this beating around the bush?

If you guys have noticed, most Bollywood movies have many minor villains that the protagonist has to fight and destroy before he fight the antagonist. I often thought it was to prolong the movie, to build the suspense and then draw the climax. But hey, it happens in real life too. Look at the US and NATO, going around invading the all and sundry, before they finally decide to fight the real culprit, Pakistan.

Very thought provoking.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
If this is correct these Iranian are dump ,they have only few left as friends and they are misbehaving with them ?
they are taking revenge for there scientists being killed.

but it should not happen in India. my point was on israeli stance regarding this un vote.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
As someone mentioned earlier, we would be fool to choose sides. Iran never did anything overtly to hurt India or her interests, therefore there is no reason to part ways with our golden goose which also happens to be having a lot of oil and a great gateway to central asia, not to mention one of the very few countries which will permit us to use their AF base to attack Pakistan in case of war. Tiny, distant yet important Israel can never match that.
Furthermore, Israel provides us high-tech weapons, which ideally should be made in India. Therefore, in the eventuality of having arrived at the juncture where taking sides becomes important, it would be a little short sighted to choose Israel and not Iran.

Adux

Country flag
As someone mentioned earlier, we would be fool to choose sides. Iran never did anything overtly to hurt India or her interests, therefore there is no reason to part ways with our golden goose which also happens to be having a lot of oil and a great gateway to central asia, not to mention one of the very few countries which will permit us to use their AF base to attack Pakistan in case of war. Tiny, distant yet important Israel can never match that.
Furthermore, Israel provides us high-tech weapons, which ideally should be made in India. Therefore, in the eventuality of having arrived at the juncture where taking sides becomes important, it would be a little short sighted to choose Israel and not Iran.

utterly stupid, nobody cares if Iran was goodie two shoes or not, this is world of geo politics. If Iran is going to have regime change, supporting its previous regime is extremely stupid, India might as well as shoot itself on the head, if it is that dumb. Iran has never allowed India to use anything against Pakistan, now that Pakistan is nuclear, it never will. understandably.

Israel provides leverage, Israel is to us, what Pakistan is to china-us relationships in the 1970's. It will short sightedness to choose side, who is going to loose, or not choose anyside and then be called an idiot,

lemontree

Professional
[*]Iran has been the most reliable partner India has had among all the Muslim majority or Islamic countries.
Remember they supplied Pak AF with Sabers n F104s when the PAF was getting clobbered in 1971. Ok so t was cold war politics.
[*]Iran supported India on many issues when India was left to fend for itself by so many in the Arab World despite India's long standing support for the Palestinian cause. We have known how the Arab world thanked us for our long standing support for the Palestinian cause, so this time, India must chose to either side with those against the Arabs or stay neutral.
How so? India was closer to Iraqi regime of Saddam Hussain than the mullahs of Iran.
[*]After the invasion of former Yugoslavia, Iraq and Libya, I am finding it hard to justify, from the Iranian PoV, why Iran should not have Nuclear weapons. North Korea is a perfect example why Iran needs nukes.
Iran is the only country justifying the destruction of Israeli - that is why they cannot have nukes.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles