If war takes place today!!

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
South Tibet belongs to China, or at least it is disputed land. It is not Indian territory unless China acknowledged that. I believe we have enough threads on that topic in this forum, thumb through some of them before posting.

By maintaining a status quo, i mean China will not initiate to change the current situation of India's illegal occupation of South Tibet and China will not stop claiming sovereignty over South Tibet. So the status quo i was refering to is India's illegal occupation of ST and China's claiming ST, both will not be changed by China in a short term.
If China maintains the status quo, that is fine by my standards. However, if China does not attack within a decade it will never have a chance of getting Arunachal Pradesh. By 2020 India will be too powerful militarily for China to do anything.

Furthermore if China decides to maintain the status quo it will show the world that they do not have peaceful intentions, but irredentist ones. If China cared about having friendly relations with India they would attempt to resolve the border despute and rescind such absurd territory claims like the one over AP. Even though China's occupation of Tibet proper is illegal, India still recognized it as part of the PRC for the sake of friendly relations.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
This thread will get closed if it goes off course anymore.

neo29

@Nimo

Just that you know that China invaded and captured Tibet. So basically you never owned Tibet but captured it. So how can you claim South Tibet which is in our control since the beginning. Neither ROC and Tibet govt had control over Arunachal Pradesh ( South Tibet ) since it was in British control at that time. So how does China manage to claim so ???

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Any discussion on tibet should be in the relevant thread.

Iamanidiot

India has arunachal because india can hold it with muscle power not because of chinese grace...So is the case with kashmir

Iamanidiot

Russia holds Siberia (Actually a posession of the Qing empire) because of its muscle power not out of Chinese grace

debasree

Country flag
Any future Sino-Indian conflict will definitely be small-scale in nature, and in any small-scale conflict the quality of troops matters more than the quantity.

I think it terms of quality (especially in mountain infantry) India has the advantage.
what is the basis of ur thought,besides if they attack us their allied pakis will allso join with them.

cw2005

We may talk about war for fun. But in the real world, saving life, not killing them is most important. I just came across some pictures of a Chinese doctor helping Indians in Chhattisgarh. One of the picture showing a little hand of a premature new born Indina baby holding the finger of the doctor. Shall the Asians be helping each other rather than killing just for the benefit of the white people?

a.jpgb.jpg

JBH22

South Tibet belongs to China, or at least it is disputed land. It is not Indian territory unless China acknowledged that. I believe we have enough threads on that topic in this forum, thumb through some of them before posting.

By maintaining a status quo, i mean China will not initiate to change the current situation of India's illegal occupation of South Tibet and China will not stop claiming sovereignty over South Tibet. So the status quo i was refering to is India's illegal occupation of ST and China's claiming ST, both will not be changed by China in a short term.

If you are confident India is able to force China to give up on ST, then you can have a try. If you can't, live with China's claiming over that.
There are a lot of territory disputes in other areas of the world, they are called territory disputes because the countries being involved disagree with each other on the territorial boundaries. So in the case of South Tibet, China has done nothing wrong in disputing the legitimacy of MC line. You should stop beating your chest, accusing China of claiming your territory, because it is not your territory yet.
Tibet itself was invaded by CHINESE how come its your territory the fact is the land belongs to who has the military might to hold or grab it.Politics,History are in favour of those who have the military might

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles