If Pakistan survives, and why it should not

trackwhack

The break up of Pakistan is a topic thats doing the rounds in Washington, and I would think in New Delhi and Tel Aviv too. But what happens if Pakistan does not break up?

Before oil runs out in the middle east, Shia Islam will be muted with the overthrow of the Ayatollahs as that is a much bigger priority for Israel as well as the US than breaking Pakistan is, at least going by current indicators and sentiments. Once Shia Islam is reigned in and suppressed, the idea of the Caliphate with KSA as the spiritual and political hub and Pakistan as the military leadership will emerge. Unchecked there could be major nuclear proliferation (if it has not already started) or at the very least Pakistan managed missile sites all around the caliphate.

Pakistan's survival will determine the fate of a Wahabbi caliphate. The mind boggles at the possible outcomes.

blank_quest

Country flag
I would like to break into points:

1. Asia is resource rich continent.
2. Afghanistan is the power center of link b/w Middle east and South Asia as a whole !
3. Only link that joins Middle east to South Asia goes through Khyber Pass ( Terrestrial link ) . so , it wields power to Pakistan for exploiting geographic advantage.
4. Its better to have "unity in command" for USA w.r.t Pakistan so that "unity in direction" is maintained! so, USA will never want to fragment Pakistan to its disadvantage. That way it is lot easier to make deal for USA with Pakistan on negotiation table.
5. It will give Strategic Advantage to keep India contained from surpassing USA within span of some 40-50 years.
6.USA will also contain Russia from wielding Power in South Asia.
7.Chinese influence over Pakistan can be easily handled and a bit neutralized ...
8.Sphere of Influence of China over Afghanistan will flow through Pakistan. so, Chinese influence can be better engaged by USA keeping influence over Pakistan.
and so on... you see Pakistan is the new playground for power play .... so , its like a fiance whom you can't marry and also can't deny to marry at will..

^^ above analysis is on American Agenda... but more or less it suits India if it does not harms India's ground/stand in middle east and Afghanistan.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Islamic Caliphate is only applicable on paper.

pmaitra

The idea of an Islamic Caliphate seems plausible now with Libya, Egypt and Syria(with Washington's blessings) on the path to radical Islamization. Add to that Turkey which was supposedly the only Islamic state that valued secular ethos also morphing into a regressive hardliner state and not to mention similar reforms in smaller nations like Maldives.

Breaking up Pakistan however would be hard and even this would not guarantee security from proliferation. If Pakistan has to be defanged it has to be done while it is on a leash(that is now), once it officially goes rogue the risks are going to escalate. The onus lies on India mostly since we are in direct line of fire w.r.t Pakistan. It would be interesting how we manage both China and Pakistan if we do consider taking an action: clandestine or otherwise.
I have a strong feeling that even if such an attempt is made, and even if it is successful for a while, people will soon start butchering each other.

It ain't happening.

trackwhack

Islamic Caliphate is only applicable on paper.
I always thought so but with Egypt Libya and Turkey heading in the wrong direction, and with Shia Islam about to fall in Syria and Iran's insecurity all point to some sort of convergence in the long term.

Blackwater

dialogue from film TEES Mar Khan

tawayaf ki loottee izzat aur pakistan ka survival ,donno bekar ha:laugh::laugh::laugh::taunt1::taunt1:

blank_quest

Country flag
There was an axis of balance b/w Shia and Sunni world.. KSA (sunni) was being balancing Iran (shia) with their respective Allies. .. but Arab Spring has broken that balance ! so, may be Iran wants weapons to Influence the regional power for rebalance. but , why the nuclear power? is it to bend the Muslim world toward itself as a savior of Islam-- showing thrust against Israel with nuclear weapons-- (thus neutralizing KSA influence)?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I always thought so but with Egypt Libya and Turkey heading in the wrong direction, and with Shia Islam about to fall in Syria and Iran's insecurity all point to some sort of convergence in the long term.
Libya cant even be considered a country anymore, every region and tribe is against everyone else. Turkey wants to bring back the days of ottoman empire and doesn't want to share power with others in the region. The rebels are getting massacred in syria and even the news has dried up, unless something drastic happens they'll get wiped out.

As to egypt watch this and tell me there will be islamic caliphate

MEMRI: Egyptian Cleric Muhammad Hussein Yaaqub: MB Presidential Candidate Muhammad Mursi Told Me that the Shiites "Are More Dangerous to Islam than the Jews"

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
worried about Pakistan or Islamic world

its sad that indians like you think about GOD less and pakistani and Muslims more

KS

Bye bye DFI
Why you people worried..? Islam vs West seems to inching closer towards reality with each passing day and in a shooting game, there is no doubt as to who will be the winner.

ashdoc

Country flag
dialogue from film TEES Mar Khan

tawayaf ki loottee izzat aur pakistan ka survival ,donno bekar ha:laugh::laugh::laugh::taunt1::taunt1:
i wondered how come puki appeasing bollywood controlled by dawood suddenly started making anti pakistan dialogues .

but disappointment.....

just as i suspected , there is no such dialogue in the film .

the actual dialogue is---'' tawayaf ki loottee izzat aur tees maar khan ko qaid karnaa , donno bekar hai '' :rolleyes:

pankaj nema

Country flag
One decade from Now

Pakistan will remain where it is because TERRITORY does not develop FEET

Similarly there will be nearly 250 million people living in pakistan's four provinces

Pakistan's four provinces will be at each other's throat

Pakistan will become BANKRUPT and will be more and Talibanisied radicalised and criminalised

Pak army will be unable to control the internal strife

pankaj nema

Country flag
Pakistan will become the Global problem

There will be UN resolutions and discussions about pakistan's future in UN SC

and SPECIAL CONFERENCES to decide about Pakistan's future

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
i wondered how come puki appeasing bollywood controlled by dawood suddenly started making anti pakistan dialogues .

but disappointment.....

the actual dialogue is---'' tawayaf ki loottee izzat aur tees maar khan ko qaid karnaa , donno bekar hai '' :rolleyes:
victim of Indian media

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Pakistan will remain forever

Indeed we are having worst time now but these are all temporary problem

being a pushtoon basically from north waziristan

believe me each and every even the uneducated pushtoon are pro army

every single person hates taliban
taliban has lost the fame they used to have
the situation is same in the whole kpk

under a sincere and clever govt these problem will vanish within one year

pankaj nema

Country flag
After what has happened in Pakistan on friday ie the MOB VIOLENCE on Yaum-e-Ishq-e-Rasool
even the most optimistic Pakistani has given up HOPE

Blackwater

but disappointment.....

ohh bhai i know the dialogue. It was my version:taunt::taunt::taunt:

pankaj nema

Country flag
http://dawn.com/2012/09/22/and-the-abyss-stared-back/

It's official: We are not a nation. We are a mob.

All those 'think positive' types waiting for some kind of a 'moderate Muslim awakening' in this country are simply deluding themselves.

No amount of your egos, resources and 'positiveness' invested in 'moderatism' such as interfaith dialogues, Sufi music, lectures by 'moderate clerics and Islamic scholars', and your insistence on how peaceful our faith truly is, all this won't make an iota of a difference.

You are fighting a battle that you have already lost; simply because all the mindless violence in the name of faith in this country has been tolerated for too long, sometimes even rewarded.

Thus, who should the mad mob which loots, burns, plunders and kills in the name of God and his messenger be afraid of? Not the police, not the courts, not the media, not the government and believe me, not even the Almighty himself!

Why should they? How can they when such mobs and those who fire them up have all been playing God themselves – judging, condemning and executing everyone and everything they deem 'unIslamic', heretical, blasphemous and infidel, without fear, remorse, or any chance of ever being reprimanded.

This faith-driven madness is not a recent happening. It's been accumulating for decades.

And every time it has reared its ugly head in the shape of belligerent mob violence, it has not been dealt with the help of the law but with words and gestures that actually end up justifying it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles