If India offers help to Pakistan: Pak finally accepts offer of aid from India

Country flag
Its shame for india for not helping Pakistan in these hard times. According to a government estimate obtained by The Associated Press, 17.8 million metric tons of wheat are exposed to the elements -- stored outdoors, under tarps in India's pounding monsoon rains. Supreme court suggested FCI to give it away to poor rather than spoiling it, so why can`t india help ???? its just bcoz majority of top politicians are hindus and they don`t wanna help muslims ......i m an indian ,but its a matter of shame ...
Even during such a calamity you cannot look beyond the hindu -muslim angle.This angle has brought nothing but despair to our region. But going along with this view since evil hindu politicians are the reason for India's attitude agaist the majority muslim Pakistan. Why have so few islamic nations helped pakistan?Majority of the aid is from kafir Christian nations.

arya

Country flag
yes India can help just change the name

India as Pakistan

why we Indian want live in a dream well the fact is Pakistan will not change its wrong attitude

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I thought I wasn't boring ? :happy_2:
Well.............:happy_2:

We are not providing aid because we had a bad experience last time, by this logic we ought not to be talking to them because last time we had a bad experience but since we are, this follows that our position wrt aid is untenable.
Let's not bring un related points here please

The government is talking to Pakistan and willing to go half way but is not willing to help Pakistan in times of calamity ? And now there is a civilian govt in Pakistan ! India wants to be a responsible superpower and a stabilising factor in the world but its poor quasi failed neighbour is suffering a massive natural disaster and we don't offer to help them ?
Why the hell they started the rhetoric against India in first place then?

US is currently our new BFF and yet it is the biggest benefactor of Pakistan in terms of military and aid. Why don't we sever relations with US if US continues to give money to Pakistan ?
Well you are again bringing geo politics here.

China is our largest trading partner and we also gave aid to China, the same nation that is oppressing thousands of its people (Tibetans included), gave nukes to Pak and is goading Pakistan to fight against us ?
Has China started the rhetoric that there ills came because of India?

SHASH2K2

More bad news for them .
New Flood Warnings Raise Fears in Pakistan

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — Pakistan issued new flood warnings on Thursday that could last into the weekend as government and relief agencies scrambled to confront the toll from a growing humanitarian disaster.

The new warnings to several cities in Punjab and Sindh Provinces added to the desperation of survivors and relief workers across the country facing a daily struggle for survival and to prevent outbreaks of disease.

President Asif Ali Zardari, who came under stinging criticism for making a trip to Europe as the flood disaster unfolded, made his first tour of flood-hit areas on Thursday since his return to the country this week, news reports said.

The United Nations has estimated that at least one-fifth of the country is underwater, but the scope of damage seems far greater. About 14 million people have been affected by the floods, 6 million of them are children, according to the United Nations children's organization, usually known as Unicef. Estimates of the dead have ranged between 1,200 and 1,600.

Beyond the daily rising toll of dead, displaced and starving, experts assessing the crisis said much remained to be learned of the short-term relief needs and the longer-term economic challenges that Pakistan faced from the floods.

Entire villages and towns remain underwater. Conventional travel around Pakistan has been disrupted with roads washed away.

"It's very difficult because we have not been able to access all areas," said Irshad Shaikh, an expert on such crises with the World Health Organization. "To be frank, we do not yet have a countrywide picture" of the aid need.

On Thursday, flood alerts went out to several cities in Punjab and Sindh. The city of Muzaffargarh in southern Punjab Province looked like a ghost town after more than 80 percent of its population left because of flooding fears. Hundreds of residents moved to makeshift encampments along a road to the city of Multan.

One resident, Muhammad Farooq, said he chose to remain in Muzaffargarh to protect his house from theft while his family moved to Multan.

"We are helpless and praying to God that our city is saved, as the threat is still there from the River Chenab," he said.

About 400,000 people had been evacuated in Muzaffargarh and outlying areas, said Suhail Tipu, a government official coordinating the relief and rescue operation. Dozens of villages and towns in the area were flooded by waters from the Indus River, he said.

In Sindh Province, local officials braced for floodwaters threatening to inundate the city of Jacobabad on Thursday night, said Ghulam Ali Shah Pasha, chairman of Provincial Disaster Management Authority of Sindh. Another 300,000 people had to be evacuated from the Kashmore District in Sindh, he said.

"There are 450 relief camps across Sindh," Mr. Pasha said. "We are providing cooked meals. The biggest problem is that most of the people don't want to go to relief camps. They have tribal enmities and cultural sensitivities."

Across Pakistan, relief workers have made priorities of such needs such as food, water and shelter, while health workers focus on preventing diseases. The government and relief agencies are sending emergency tents, mosquito nets, food, water-purifying tablets and cholera prevention kits.

Dr. Shaikh of the World Health Organization said health risks included diarrhea and skin and respiratory infection, while immunization efforts have begun against measles and polio.

Although it is too early to determine how Pakistan's economy will be affected, early reports appear grim. Citing agricultural officials, Dawn newspaper reported on Thursday that about 500,000 tons of wheat had been destroyed by the floods. Additionally, as many as two million bales of cotton were lost, the newspaper reported.

At the request of Pakistan's government, the World Bank has joined with other agencies such as the Asian Development Bank to assess the damage to the country's economy, said Shahzad Sharjeel of the World Bank office in Islamabad.

The assessment period may take another week or two, Mr. Sharjeel said, adding that the World Bank already has provided $1.3 million in emergency grants.

Flooding began on July 22 in the province of Baluchistan. The swollen waters then poured across the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Province in the northwest before flowing south into Punjab and Sindh. The United Nations earlier this week appealed for $460 million in emergency aid. The appeal came after donors had already pledged an estimated $150 million.

As part of the stepped-up international effort, the United States said it would increase from six to 19 the number of military helicopters on loan to Pakistan to assist with flood relief.

"The magnitude of this crisis is unprecedented" in Pakistan, said Dr. Shaikh. Many people who depend on the land and animals for survival have their livelihoods simply washed away, he said.

After the Kashmir earthquake in 2005, relief workers had access to some resources.

"Here, everything is gone. Crops, livestock, homes, communities," Dr. Shaikh said. "There is nothing for people to fall back on."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/13/world/asia/13pstan.html?_r=1&ref=asia

KAR BURA HO BURA .

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
one thing i dont get is why is everyone running after recognition here, fine pakistanis might not give the recognition where it is due and if they dont then it is upto them and their problem, but does that take away the fact that this is a massive humanitarian crisis, and as humans (if that is what we like to call ourselves) our first duty is to support them is which ever small way we can. no one is suggesting to dole out money, certainly not, but whats the harm in handing out a few precious life saving medicines, a tent house which could work as a mean of shelter, some food which could help a few starving souls, some clean water?

recognition amounts to looking for gains which does amount to politics in a way, probably this is not the right time to look for such gains, its people just like you and i who are suffering.
This is not the first humanitarian crisis in this part of the world. You can not jump into their crisis without being recognised as a friend by the establishment. They never appreciated us last time.

GoI knows better then us what to do and how to do.If they are not helping Pakistan then there must be some reasons behind it. Your Kashmir is burning because of them since last 30 years. They attacked your economy by terrorist attacks. Wasn't that a humanitarian crisis when your mates were butchered eating meals in Mumbai?

We are declaring our self culprit without doing anything wrong, what a shame.

They have 17 billion IMF aid sitting in their banks without being used. They are a mortgage state and their debt is 60% of their GDP. Still they are not using that 17 billion fund to create jobs or even disaster management. They retracted their health and education budget heavily this year (only one nation on the face earth who has retracting health budget) but increased their defence budget.

What kind of help you will extend? money? they already have that in their treasury. The PA do not trust civilian govt that is what they are not letting the funds allocated for development or even for this humanitarian crisis.

God help those who help them self i can not see this gesture from their establishment but have seen two big article again in their media appreciating terrorist organization for relief and aid.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
So we have an "indian" here who thinks india is not helping "muslims".
Astan is muslim and we are with them thick or thin.
I am Damn sure you are not an indian Jaz. No indian muslim loves pakistan. If they do, they are in the wrong country then.

I have very hardline views on pakistan so as convincing Singh and TR are, I would say no aid from the indian govt to pak govt. If any indian has the heart to help pakistani people, they could go there to help with food and medicines etc... I don't know how many indians would lift their hands for that. May be our friend Jaz might.

Singh, yes we are a regional power and we did our bit during tsunami. But with so many muslim nations themselves not coming to help pakistan as well as their "friend" china (global power??) who have thrown a few crumbs at them, why should we bother? We are not going to win the hearts of pakistanis ever no matter what we do for them. We have our own floods to take care of. I think we should concentrate on that.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
eagleone 43 Minutes Ago
at the same time we cannot curse poor civilians who have noting to do with political issue for fund terrorists or rising a war

They do not like you they were funding jihad against India out side their mosques. They could have saved that money for the rainy days.
We are not cursing anyone but minding our own bussiness. We have the right to mind our own bussiness don't we.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
Why are we less generous towards Pakistan than we were to Haiti?

Sir Nick Young, chairman of the British Red Cross, was the soul of discretion on the Today programme this morning when discussing the Disaster Emergency Committee's fund-raising for the Pakistan flood disaster. Pressed repeatedly on whether the public was proving less generous over this disaster than it has been in the past, he refused to rise to the bait and insisted that the public response was immensely generous.
In fact, the figures tell a very different story. The DEC has raised £7 million for Pakistan in the first week of the appeal. That is an impressive figure – until you compare the donations made after the Haiti earthquake early this year. In the first week, the British public raised £42 million, precisely seven times as much. Why the discrepancy? The scale of the destruction and the death toll in Haiti were both immense while in Pakistan the death toll has been far, far lower. Yet the UN has classified it as the biggest natural disaster ever recorded in terms of the number of people affected. AP carried this report on Monday:
The number of people suffering from the massive floods in Pakistan exceeds 13 million — more than the combined total of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, the 2005 Kashmir earthquake and the 2010 Haiti earthquake, the United Nations said Monday. The death toll in each of those three disasters was much higher than the 1,500 people killed so far in the floods that first hit Pakistan two weeks ago. But the U.N. estimates that 13.8 million people have been affected — over 2 million more than the other disasters combined.
There can be no doubting the biblical scale of the disaster – so why the relative reluctance to give? There's no doubt that a big part of the problem was the shockingly crass behaviour of Pakistan's president Asif Ali Zardari who was swanning around Europe while his country was struggling with its biggest ever crisis. If he couldn't be bothered to do anything, then why should we?
But I suspect it runs deeper than Zardari's spectacular stupidity. The image of Pakistan in this country has never been lower. The 7/7 bomb attacks of 2005 and the foiling of numerous subsequent plots has inextricably linked Pakistan with terrrorism. Could this have led people to turn a deaf ear to appeals for help?

Nudrrat Khawaja

Reading the comments below was not a pleasant experience, but I believe whatever said is not entirely wrong or misplaced. As a Pakistani journalist, I come across so many stories in real life that makes me cringe in pain and shame. The degeneration of society, social values is no where seen. All the things mentioned in the comments and many more are prevalent in Pakistani society. And I will not try to defend any of those. You guys are justified in venting your anger for Pakistan. But this country was not made on secular grounds, why would it become one now? Your idea of change is valid only where there are leaders to bring about, We dont have any leader. We have poverty, injustice, corruption, illiteracy, religious extremism. And this will grow even more in these times. When no other country comes to their aid, the vacuum is filled by the religious extremist groups. And the consequences of such events are not local or regional anymore. Don to give money to the government or army of Pakistan. IF you feel like helping, give it to the international organisations providing relief work; like the Red Cross.

I am not here to argue, preach or to try to change your minds. I read all your comments and I felt like so many people are hitting me, I could physically feel your hatred. So I thought about leaving a comment. Anyways, i hope things get better.

Nudrrat Khawaja

Disgruntled...I dont know if you are a Pakistani living in Pakistan or safe in your house somewhere in England. But I was born in this country and am still here. I am experiencing everything on first hand basis. And on top I am a woman, a Muslim woman - had it all, seen it all.
Now coming to your point of the so famous Zionist theory; let me tell you one thing - Pakistan army and the intelligence have used the Zionist, Hindu/Indian theories so beautifully to control the masses that these conspiracy theories are now paying in shape of religious extremism in the country. And by extremism I am not talking about the militant/terror groups, but the common person in our society, even the educated lot!
No Israeli or Zionist or Indian or Hindu will hold us back if we try to impart education in our society. They will not tie our hands if we give equal legal and social rights to women and minorities. And they will not 'attack' if we change our set of beliefs to humanitarianism. The list will go on, but what I am trying to tell you is; if you want to bring a change in your country (of birth only) you have to realise what and where we went worng and stop blaming others for our condition. Others, whoever they are, will take advantage of our sorry condition. You know why? Because we give them the chance. If you are not in Pakistan, then please do come here. Because I have seen many 'patriots' sitting comfortably outside Pakistan saying how much they love the country and who is responsible for whats happening there. Brother/sister come here and face the reality. The music will be very different.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
We have poverty, injustice, corruption, illiteracy, religious extremism. And this will grow even more in these times. When no other country comes to their aid, the vacuum is filled by the religious extremist groups. And the consequences of such events are not local or regional anymore.
This is blackmail to say at least give us money or we will terrorize you, shameless

Phenom

Why all the care for Pakistan?
I mean how many of us thought about sending aid to Haiti, when it was devastated by an earthquake, that despite the fact that the Haitians have never harmed India or plotted to bring the India down.

Let's just deal with our problem rather than getting involved in other people's troubles.

pankaj nema

Country flag
The earth quake in Pakistan happened in 2005. the relations between India and Pakistan were far better then.
But then 26/11 happened and Pakistan's response has been AS FOLLOWS:

" yes we did it,we got away with it because US is in our pocket, what can you do about it"

So , We should forget about Pakistan.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
To rub into them, just tell them how much money was raised in the various floods in india. Yes we are not all that good too with the distribution of relief, but then we still raise quite a lot of money. Are our channels running there? We should run programs highlighting this to them and show the people in PoK what they are missing. Fruits of Indian progress and also to the idiots on our side, to smell coffee.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
ajtr, the entire pakistan team has taken to the tabhlighi jamaat.

pankaj nema

Country flag
IF you guys have been observing closely , then post 26/11 there has been plenty of negative things happening for pakistan
1. Economy collapses.
2.Pakistan forced into I M F programme.
3 .Talibanistaion spreading.
4 Terror attacks happening.Army HQ ,shrines ,mosques,markets, SL cricket team etc etc
WORLD CUP 2011 TAKEN AWAY
5.Karachi in Flames.
6.Global opinion now FIRMLY AGAINST PAKISTAN. Now there are DIRECT ALLEGATIONS of pakistani support for global terror.
7. Faisal Shahzad and David Headley destroy little remaining credibility of pakistan, which makes them call themselves as INDIANS ,in the US, to escape retribution.
8. worst ever floods further damaging the economy

If all this is NOT DIVINE PUNISHMENT Then what else is it

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
IF you guys have been observing closely , then post 26/11 there has been plenty of negative things happening for pakistan
1. Economy collapses.
2.Pakistan forced into I M F programme.
3 .Talibanistaion spreading.
4 Terror attacks happening.Army HQ ,shrines ,mosques,markets, SL cricket team etc etc
WORLD CUP 2011 TAKEN AWAY
5.Karachi in Flames.
6.Global opinion now FIRMLY AGAINST PAKISTAN. Now there are DIRECT ALLEGATIONS of pakistani support for global terror.
7. Faisal Shahzad and David Headley destroy little remaining credibility of pakistan, which makes them call themselves as INDIANS ,in the US, to escape retribution.
8. worst ever floods further damaging the economy

If all this is NOT DIVINE PUNISHMENT Then what else is it
Don't get fooled by divine punishment crap.This the biggest social engineering program to mould human brain that ever took place after the nazi's program in germany.To understand the power dynamics in pakistan one has to look onto the Army-bureaucracy-Feudal-Judiciary-Mullah axis.Which constitutes 2% of its population.And how these 2% keeps 98% down by creating artificial calamities and economic breakdown----Just project india and there job is done.Didnt they saw these floods coming??What NDMA was doing all these time sleeping??? President was merry making in europe.gilani was merrymaking with adnan sami Army was busy in it own David cameron statement.These people lost 2 weeks of valuable time on david cameron's statement then doing anything for flood affected.COz keeping people down suits the power elites of pakistan and then for every miseries in pakistan these guys have easy explanation hindu-yehud conspiracy.

Iamanidiot

Why was the Pakistan Metrological department not able to forecast the flush-out sorry floods in Pakistan and do the needful?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles