If India kicks out Dalai Lama!

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I am thinking if it is possible to give a complete flip to the India-China relationship by kicking out Dalai Lama from India. If we can settle our border disputes and make China agree on breaking relationship with Pak, it can completely change the world scenario.

Some of my questions in this regard:

1) Is it feasible? If not why?

2) Will China take it as a sign of weakness or treat India as equals?

If we look at the unification of Europe post WW2, I see no reasons why India and China cannot get past 1962 and cooperate to make the 21st century as Asian century.

I hope to see a nice discussion. Not to forget such a development would kill jobs of numerous think-tank advisers in the west.

average american

As desperate as India ia for peace with China I figure you all can work something out., you might have to give up a little land, but its not worth much anyway.

no smoking

Country flag
Dalai is dying! Kicking him out doesn't help improve sino-relatinship since he is a card will empired soon!
To me, as long as both side are looking for money instead of war, it is already good enugh. Some internet warriors many not agree with me.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I am thinking if it is possible to give a complete flip to the India-China relationship by kicking out Dalai Lama from India. If we can settle our border disputes and make China agree on breaking relationship with Pak, it can completely change the world scenario.

If we look at the unification of Europe post WW2, I see no reasons why India and China cannot get past 1962 and cooperate to make the 21st century as Asian century.

I hope to see a nice discussion. Not to forget such a development would kill jobs of numerous think-tank advisers in the west.
It'll make us look like wimps, who are scared of the local bully.

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
China is not a trust worthy country. We have seen it in 1962.
bascially they do not honour their own word - only when the other side has enough fire power

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
India already recognizes Tibet as integral part of China and has supported Chinese claim over Tibet on many occasions. That is the best Beijing can get. How they handle their domestic trouble with Tibetians is their own problem. You kick out Dalai Lama now, next thing they want is Arunachal.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
India should know China can only be a master or slave to another nation, nothing in between. History is witness to this.
:truestory:

The fact is there isn't enough room for India and China on the planet, and it is completely our fault to have assumed that there can be "brotherly relations", esp since we are neighbors and China has the habit of gobbling up neighbors.
We are destined towards conflict. The major reason we did not have conflicts in the past is because of the Himalayas.

amoy

If u think China wants India to kick Dalai Lama out that's too superficial and deadly wrong. Keep HH pls, though his influence is inevitably wearing off.

And HH is not alone. What abt 1+ lakh Tibetans in India, plus followers in Ladakh, Sikkim, Bhutan and possibly Nepal?

desicanuk

If u think China wants India to kick Dalai Lama out that's too superficial and deadly wrong. Keep HH pls, though his influence is inevitably wearing off.

And HH is not alone. What abt 1+ lakh Tibetans in India, plus followers in Ladakh, Sikkim, Bhutan and possibly Nepal?
Only sinobuttlickers think of kicking out the Dalai Lama.Your greed,arrogance and drunkenness will finally do you in.Thanks to the thugs you have as leaders PRC has set the course for the next Asian war.You will have your lackeys backing you but most of SEAsia and India will firmly back Japan.Once Uncle Sam joins in you might as well let the Japanese policemen disarm PLA.Last but not least your Tibet problem is not going away when the Dalai Lama dies.Its going to morph into something so catastrophic that you will regret you let happen.Only a catastrophic event will loosen Beijing's grip over Tibet,East Turkestan and Inner Mongolia.I am
patiently waiting and watching as great events unfold.You cant stop an idea whose time has come.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Not possibly in Nepal.

Nepal has Tibetan refugees.

In fact, one of them immolated himself the other day.

Tibetan Monk Immolates Himself in Nepal

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/14/world/asia/tibetan-monk-immolates-himself-in-nepal.html?_r=0

The 100th Tibetan monk immolated himself a few days back in Tibet and so it appears that HH Dalai Lama is still being taken as the Spiritual and Temporal Leader of Tibet!

Last edited:

Defenceindia2010

Country flag

This is what the Chinese want and if India contemplate to show Dalai Lama and the Tibetans the door will lead to loss of moral standing, this will enable the Chinese to conclude that India is a weak state and will treat us like one in the future.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
China is not a trust worthy country. We have seen it in 1962.
One data point to base your conclusions. The two countries have changed a lot since then.

I will quote Dinkar here:

"Sahansheelta, shama, daya ko tabhi poojta jag hai
Bal ka darp chamakta uske peeche jab jagmag hai"

I think we have enough force to not look weak while bartering DL and status quo on the borders. After Agni-5 test, I do not think China can mistake us as weak.

Last edited:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador

His influence is wearing off but still he is the biggest thorn in Chinese back!! Surprising!!

trackwhack

His influence is wearing off but still he is the biggest thorn in Chinese back!! Surprising!!
Its a stupid idea that you have proposed. If the day comes when we are ruled by panzy cunts who are hostile to Tibetans in India, I will personally take up arms and join/form a guerrilla group.

However that day will never come because even if we are ruled by panzies, our armed forces won't allow something as stupid as what you suggest.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Its a stupid idea that you have proposed. If the day comes when we are ruled by panzy cunts who are hostile to Tibetans in India, I will personally take up arms and join/form a guerrilla group.

However that day will never come because even if we are ruled by panzies, our armed forces won't allow something as stupid as what you suggest.
I do not know why people like you with so strongly held beliefs ever raise their points.

Here, I am trying to debate with a realist attitude and keeping India's personal interest above everything else(country or person). Look at US, they are talking to Taliban, their worst enemy couple of years ago, and would leave a large army of Jihadists in 2014 to trouble India. International diplomacy requires hawkish attitude to establish short as well as long term interests.

I expect people to give details on why or how China cannot be trusted in the post Agni-5 scenario. India is not doing too bad economically and having a Himalaya in between would always serve a good buffer between the two. I see no reason why disputes cannot be settled amicably if we have political will. Obviously such relationship is not in the interest of any western powers.

trackwhack

I do not know why people like you with so strongly held beliefs ever raise their points.

Here, I am trying to debate with a realist attitude and keeping India's personal interest above everything else(country or person). Look at US, they are talking to Taliban, their worst enemy couple of years ago, and would leave a large army of Jihadists in 2014 to trouble India. International diplomacy requires hawkish attitude to establish short as well as long term interests.

I expect people to give details on why or how China cannot be trusted in the post Agni-5 scenario. India is not doing too bad economically and having a Himalaya in between would always serve a good buffer between the two. I see no reason why disputes cannot be settled amicably if we have political will. Obviously such relationship is not in the interest of any western powers.

Why is it that your solution proposal did not read - What if China returns Aksai Chin, got the fk out of POK and denuked their lapdog Pakistan? The answer is simple - You dont seem to understand what India's personal interests are.

btw, I called the idea stupid, not you. I love reading most of what you post. Nothing personal. Its thanks to people with strongly held beliefs that we are still in one piece. Read Nehru and Sardar Patel. If Nehru had his way China would have ensured that the largest single state in the Indian subcontinent post independence was Pakistan. Thank God for the few iron willed bullies that never compromised. Today we are still a potential superpower, not an Asian tiger or a NATO outpost.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles