If anyone wants to take my advice

trackwhack

I'm certain this is going to be laughed off but at the risk of making a fool of myself

Reduce exposure to Stock Markets over the next few weeks. Use sporadic news driven highs to make your exit. I know most valuations have dropped by 20-30% since April but I feel its wiser to take those losses and scoot while you can. If you have to, park your money with debt free companies and those that are less reliant on exports of manufactured goods. Or buy some gold.

Good luck.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Bought gold already.

Prices in India dropped and it will gain by march :D

From Indian point of view only zameen and sona are where its at.

sob

Mod
Country flag
IMO you have to ride the highs and the lows of the stock market to make money in the long run.

At this time, if you have surplus money which is not required for the next 12-15 months should be deployed in the stock market and selectively at every dip one should pick up shares of Blue Chip companies. Trust me you will make money. When the market recovers you can sell a portion of your portfolio at a handsome profit. Remember the golden rule when people are mass selling then it is the time to selectively buy.

I did purchase a lot of shares in 2008 crash and even with today's evaluations I am in profit with the shares that I have retained.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
I did purchase a lot of shares in 2008 crash and even with today's evaluations I am in profit with the shares that I have retained.
i picked some when the the bse was trading at 8000 back then :D

two of the investments did tremendously well.

i am hoping to see 12000 soon and then enter mid to long term, i hope it does even worse. :lol: :evil:

Reactions: sob

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Can foreigners of Indian origin can buy and trade in Indian stock market? If yes where can one obtain necessary documents to complete application forms? Your help will be appreciated.

Galaxy

Country flag
This is the time to BUY quality stocks and not to exit. I already started adding more fundamentally strong scrip's for 2 year time period. If business will do well, Stock price will surely appreciate.

I am bearish on GOLD for next 1 year. The price might come down by 20% over a period of 1 year. I am Bullish on Stock market over period of 18-24 months.

Buy When There's Blood In The Streets. If it made sense, Then it makes sense !! :thumb:

Last edited:

Galaxy

Country flag
Right now, Sensex is trading around 15,300. Downside is limited. Maximum downside would be at 14,400-13,700 (That also depends). No one can Buy at bottom. But Fundamentally, Sensex is currently trading @ 16 PE FY12 and 10-11 PE @ FY14 (If projected EPS will rise 13% & 16% in FY13 & 14 respectively as broad consensus).

Over period of 4 years, Sensex EPS most likely 'll move to around 1700 (+/- 5% depends on margin pressure). Hence, On conservative basis Sensex should be around 34,000-36,000 in 2015. (Stock will even rise more)

So what does it matter if one Buys @ 15,300 or 14,000 or 16,500 ?? Money will be triple in 3.5-4 years if you buy quality Large/Mid Cap in this economical turmoil. Even if you Buy general stocks Like L&T, Hindalco, M&M, Tata Motors, Reliance, ICICI Bank, HDFC, Thermax - Money will still grow 150% from current level.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Bought gold already.

Prices in India dropped and it will gain by march :D

From Indian point of view only zameen and sona are where its at.
I think somebody told me that in the Quran it is mentioned that one must invest in Gold, Land and Weapons

Global Defence

New threads

Articles