Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Kshatriya87, Dec 4, 2018.
Some of the members have been requesting for this thread. Read, controbute & Enjoy !!
1. On the 26/11 Mumbai attacks
What he thought: "Terrorists are clever assholes. And statistics make people sound smart. So..."
What he said: "We will stop 99 per cent of the attacks. But one per cent of attacks might get through and that is what I am saying."
2. On the drug problem in Punjab
What he thought: "Pie-charts are pretty. And drugs are bad, so..."
What he said: "10 out of 7 youths in Punjab are hooked on to drugs."
3. On India's youth advantage
What he thought: "Saudi Arabia has lots of oil. And India has lots of people, so..."
What he said: "India is the Saudi Arabia of 21st century."
4. On the meaning of politics
What he thought: "I am a politician. And I wear a shirt and pants, so..."
What he said: "Politics is in your shirt, in your pant."
5. On being officially appointed as the party's No. 2
What he thought: "I don't want this shitty job. And long sentences are cool, so..."
What he said: "All the public systems - administration, justice, education and political are designed to keep people with knowledge out. Such a system promotes mediocrity."
6. In a Congress Workshop on Social Media
What he thought: "Internet Explorer is the best. And I set it as my default browser, so..."
What he said: "If India is a computer, then Congress is its default program."
7. In the CII Summit
What he thought: "India's economy cannot be compared to that of China, as India is by its very nature, is much more diverse and complex than China. What we need here is grass-root development led by the creative energy and entrepreneurial passion of India's youth, so..."
What he said: "India is a beehive."
8. In an Ahmedabad Congress Meet
What he thought: "Gujarat is in the west. And geography is the worst, so..."
What he said: "Gujarat is bigger than the United Kingdom."
9. In the same Ahmedabad Congress Meet
What he thought: "Gujarat is in India. And since Gujarat itself is bigger than the UK, so..."
What he said: "In fact, India is you know, bigger than Europe and the United States put together."
10. On being asked about providing e-literacy for poor children.
What he thought: "Umm, I don't know anything about this, so..."
What he said: "Can I ask you a counter question? How are you going to help them?"
11. On poverty
What he thought: "I am confident. And I'm not poor, so..."
What he said: "Poverty is just a state of mind. It does not mean the scarcity of food, money or material things. If one possesses self-confidence, then one can overcome poverty."
12. On being officially appointed as the party's No. 2:
“It (Congress) is a funny party. It is the largest political organization in the world but perhaps does not have a single rule or regulation. We create new rules every two minutes and then dump them. Nobody knows the rules in the party” (after being elevated to the Congress Vice-President’s post)
13. About Gujarat children malnourishment:
"2 out of 1 child are malnourished in Gujarat... This is the Gujarat Model the BJP keeps talking about."
14. About Dalit upliftment:
“Dalit community needs the escape velocity of Jupiter to achieve success…”
15. About Rani Laxmi Bai:
"Rani ki Jhansi. She is a hero." (Rani's Jhansi, she is a hero).
16. Rahul Gandhi's verbal goof-up at MP rally (Mixes up bhrashtachar with balatkar):
“What has the government done for the tribals here? Have they indulged in corruption (apke saath bhrashtachar kiya?)... Nahin balatkar kiya (no they have raped)."
17. About woman volanteers of INC:
"Agar aap yuva karyakarta se baat karen, agar aap mahila karyakarta se baat karen, pehli baar wo keh rhe hain ki bhai maza aaya, aur main ye jo maza hai hindustan k har vaikti ko dena chahta hun.." (If you talk with young volunteers, women volunteers, they all are saying that they enjoyed, for the first time they enjoyed.. and I want to extend this enjoyment to every person of India).
18. “Hindustan Ek Soch hai. Hindustan Ek Jagah Hai…(fumbles) Magar Hindustan Ek Soch Hai…” (I won’t even bother to translate this, feel free to make your own interpretations.
19. “There are people doing yoga in New York, dancing around; that’s the power of India. You go to a nightclub somewhere in Spain and there’s Amitabh Bachchan on the screen there, dancing around. That’s the power of India. That’s the power of Indian people.”
Separate names with a comma.