Idiotic Musings From Firangistan

pmaitra

How did you find this gem?

Anyway, here goes:

Close ties with Britain give India better access to the rest of Europe.
Close ties with India gave Europe better access to India's mineral resources. Close ties with India also gave Britain the knowledge of rocket artillery.

Just as Empire opened the doors of modernity to India, a good relationship between Britain and India will be a mark of how prominent both countries are in the modern world.
Britain isn't gaining prominence in the modern world.

It is a subject that particularly interests me as, although I was born and raised in Britain, my parents migrated here from India.
This is not an autobiography, but carry on.

All that is best about India - its tolerance, freedom and engagement with the world - has flourished due to the structures and ideas it inherited from British rule.
Yes, the British were so tolerant that they would have a sign board that read "Dogs and Indians not allowed." Read more here. As a matter of fact, they even tolerated, nay, ordered opening fire on a group of unarmed civilians. Read more here.

Despite the often callous profiteering of Empire, the modern Indian state simply would not exist without it.
Perhaps, assuming another Chadragupta Maurya would not have ever been born.

Like the U.S., India is a nation fostered into being by Britain, and one which derives its romantic national identity from its struggle for independence.
Neither US, nor India were fostered into being by Britain. The American revolutionaries fought against the government and won. The Indian revolutionaries fought against the government and lost, twice.

And just as Americans don't publicly admit that George Washington was an abysmal general who lost almost every battle, Indians don't explicitly recognise Britain's contribution to their country's present success.
George Washington may have been an abysmal general, but when he dragged his artillery pieces and fellow soldiers across the mountains, laid a siege of Boston, and threatened to bomb the hell out of them if they did not surrender, Boston, and its British loyalists were in the figurative abyss, while Washington, and his men, were on the hills. Read more here. Say what you want, he won the US independence. Moreover, he was a humble man, and quite the opposite of Churchill, an arrogant prick, who is better defined as a mediocre participant in the Boer War, but overhyped, for whatsoever reason.

But these bleak facts should not obscure the fact that British rule in India was a joint effort, impossible without the widespread co- operation of Indians themselves.
Vassals.

The Afghan mountain range of the Hindu Khush (which translates as the 'Hindu Slaughter') is named after the huge numbers who died there while being marched to the markets of Arabia and Central Asia.
Utter nonsense. "Hindu Kush" is a modification of the Greek term "Indicus Caucasus," which means the Indian Caucasian Mountains, because, the Greeks thought the Caucasian Mountains extended up to India. Keep smoking that cool green stuff that grows at the foothills of the "Hindu Kush."

In 1846, the British commissioner, John Lawrence, told the local elite that Punjabis could no longer burn their widows, commit female infanticide, nor bury their lepers alive.
Don't know what the Punjabis were doing or were stopped from doing, but I know for a fact the British deliberately overlooked the practice of Sati by the Bengal Brahminical gentry, and even refused to cooperate with Ram Mohan Roy. Finally, he had to write directly to the Queen and the Empress.

In addition to combating these barbaric practices, the British also outlawed slavery in 1843 at a time when an estimated 10 million Indians were slaves - up to 15 per cent of the population in some regions.
And then they took indentured Indian labourers to Africa to build railways in lion infested jungles. Cool story bro.

This gratitude expressed itself in 1939 when, at the height of the independence movement led by Jawaharlal Nehru and Mahatma Gandhi, two million Indians nonetheless enlisted in the fight against fascism - the largest volunteer army in history.
Two million volunteers had little to do with gratitude, but you, dear author, would have my gratitude, if you start reading a bit more than writing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
@pmaitra

Saar I think you should post that reply in the comment section of the article.

The writer is an idiot.

pmaitra

@pmaitra

Saar I think you should post that reply in the comment section of the article.

The writer is an idiot.
May I request you to do it, please? Gotta make dinner and then got some work as well.

Ashutosh Lokhande

and these a**ho*** claim to be our natural allies and what not. Defining partnership of the 21st century, my ass.

On a different note,

Who the hell cares guys, everyone knows there are more number of rapes in America and England (yes, its a fact) than in India. Are they worried about what we think of them?

Actually its this stupid Government's fault for aligning ourselves with nations (read America, England) that we will never get along with, and that too at the cost of our relations and friendship with Russia and Iran. We will never be able to forgive the UPA Government for the blunders.

Do anyone here know what has been the reaction in the Russian media regarding all the negative news that has been coming out of this country lately?

Coming to United Fu**dom, David Cameron is coming to India in a few days, no doubt would be begging for more defence contracts, I would urge the Indian Government to show some spine and not give away alms to that beggar anymore.
:lol: :rofl: :pound:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I have just read through the many diverse comments about Nirpal Dhaliwal's artical, which in my view (as a Kerala Roman Catholic) is balanced and fair. However, many of the 'comments' add up to a good example of why democracy cannot ever work without fair minded leaders. I recently wrote to a journalist in Delhi, signing off 'from London, the effective capital of India'. He replied 'from Delhi, the ineffective capital of India' !

Read more: Britain has no need to make an apology to India for Empire... | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Top rated comment on the article mention in Post # 21.

Looks like the British did not grace the lady with the gift of English.

Topkek.

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
Sourece:Australian admits 'surfing' on dead whale was bad idea - CNN.com

'Mum thinks I'm an idiot': Australian man admits 'surfing' dead whale was bad idea

An Australian man who "surfed" a floating whale carcass surrounded by sharks has admitted that he was an "idiot" to attempt the foolhardy feat.

Harrison Williams, 26, was on a boating excursion with friends off the coast of Western Australia over the weekend when they came across the dead whale.

"Out on the boat with the boys and one of my mates thought it'd be pretty funny if I surfed the whale, so I just did it," Williams told CNN affiliate Seven Network.

He launched himself into the water and clambered onto the rotting carcass.

But his friends' mirth quickly turned to horror when they noticed all the sharks swimming around the whale, feasting on its flesh.
[video]http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/world/2014/11/03/pkg-australia-man-rides-dead-whale.seven-network.html[/video]

Voldemort

Country flag
I think there should be a thread titled 'jealous Britshits' regularly updated with all negative news of Britain and how they are still crying to sell EF Typhoon. @pmaitra You know about that forum where they've got threads like 'shit India' right?

Ashutosh Lokhande

I think there should be a thread titled 'jealous Britshits' regularly updated with all negative news of Britain and how they are still crying to sell EF Typhoon. @pmaitra You know about that forum where they've got threads like 'shit India' right?
which forum?

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
I thought it is inappropriate that the America forum doesn't have an idiotic musing thread. I will open one in Europe forum too.

@Mods, if you find it offensive, move it to fun thread. However I find it is appropriate.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
A U.S. Supreme Court Justice Believes A Real, Live Devil Is Making People Not Believe In God

http://www.thesuperficial.com/anton...azine-interview-supreme-court-justice-10-2013

“And you wanna know why they forgot the prosciutto in my sandwich? Satan.”

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia’s lengthy interview with New York Magazine has already produced a goddamn orgy of quotes from him claiming to having secret gay friends to repudiating his own moderations. So here’s my favorite part where in the year 2013, a man who holds one of the most powerful and influential posts in our government talks about what he thinks The Devil is up to these days instead of possessing people and pigs like he used to in real life:

But you don’t have to be a Catholic to get into heaven? Or believe in it?
Of course not!

Oh. So you don’t know where I’m going. Thank God.
I don’t know where you’re going. I don’t even know whether Judas Iscariot is in hell. I mean, that’s what the pope meant when he said, “Who am I to judge?” He may have recanted and had severe penance just before he died. Who knows?

Can we talk about your drafting process—
[Leans in, stage-whispers.] I even believe in the Devil.

You do?
Of course! Yeah, he’s a real person. Hey, c’mon, that’s standard Catholic doctrine! Every Catholic believes that.

Every Catholic believes this? There’s a wide variety of Catholics out there …
If you are faithful to Catholic dogma, that is certainly a large part of it.

Have you seen evidence of the Devil lately?
You know, it is curious. In the Gospels, the Devil is doing all sorts of things. He’s making pigs run off cliffs, he’s possessing people and whatnot. And that doesn’t happen very much anymore.

No.
It’s because he’s smart.

So what’s he doing now?
What he’s doing now is getting people not to believe in him or in God. He’s much more successful that way.

That has really painful implications for atheists. Are you sure that’s the Devil’s work?
I didn’t say atheists are the Devil’s work.

Well, you’re saying the Devil is persuading people to not believe in God. Couldn’t there be other reasons to not believe?
Well, there certainly can be other reasons. But it certainly favors the Devil’s desires. I mean, c’mon, that’s the explanation for why there’s not demonic possession all over the place. That always puzzled me. What happened to the Devil, you know? He used to be all over the place. He used to be all over the New Testament.

Right.
What happened to him?

He just got wilier.
He got wilier.

Isn’t it terribly frightening to believe in the Devil?
You’re looking at me as though I’m weird. My God! Are you so out of touch with most of America, most of which believes in the Devil? I mean, Jesus Christ believed in the Devil! It’s in the Gospels! You travel in circles that are so, so removed from mainstream America that you are appalled that anybody would believe in the Devil! Most of mankind has believed in the Devil, for all of history. Many more intelligent people than you or me have believed in the Devil.

Haha! This is who decides our laws. USA!

:rofl: And they claim to hold the mantle of civilization?!!!!! He is the judiciary of USA at the top level.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

There's this republican congress-woman who prays for end of the world!

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!

30 fracking characters ..... :doh:

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
BOMB MECCA OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH

We in the West continue to pretend that the violence committed by Muslims are all isolated events, whether it was Iran’s holding hostages for over 400 days; the attack on the USS Cole; 9/11; the massacre at Charlie Hebdo; the slaughter at the French deli; the burnings and beheadings in the Middle East; Benghazi; the blowing up of the Russian jet; the recent blood- letting in Paris that left 129 dead. These are not isolated events, and even though I have only mentioned a few that have taken place over the past 36 years, they are not all of recent vintage. In fact, in one form or another, they have been taking place for the past 1,400 years, ever since the cursed Muhammad brought forth his cult of death. The religion has been exactly what you would imagine a religion created by a man who was both a pedophile and a butcher would be. One American president after another has described Islam as a religion of peace, and Barack Obama has gone so far as to claim that Muslims helped create America and also played a major role in space exploration, although both claims are as false as his vow that we could keep our doctors and our insurance plans if we liked them. Islam was never peaceful. From the very beginning, those who refused to accept Shariah law and to bow down to Mecca were killed. Unlike Christianity which says that we should treat others as we would wish to be treated, to love our neighbors as ourselves and to be our brother’s keeper, Islam’s message is a threat: Convert or perish.

Read more:
BOMB MECCA OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH

Global Defence

New threads

Articles