IAF MiG-21 shoots down Pakistani F-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neptune

Country flag
How much someone would celebrate a skirmish? :shock:

About as much as they celebrate Muhammad Mahmood Alam “shooting down” 5 Indian jets over Sargodha Pakistan. The problem is that Sargodha is some 50km inside Pakistan, Alam and his wingman also claimed they seen the 5 Indians jets explode and crash without the pilots surviving. The only problem is that the Pakistanis claimed most of those 5 aircraft crashed in India (typical Pakistan claim when there is no proof) so apparently Indian aircraft have supernatural powers to where they can explode and crash into the ground with the pilots not surviving and then miraculously those Indian aircraft crawl back to India 50+ kms with the Indian pilots being resurrected.

Its the same story for the SU-30, apparently Pakistanis claimed it was hit Inside Pakistan but somehow made it back to India; However the problem is that we have videos of Pakistanis firing missiles, the smoke trail from those AMRAAMS keeps going for 10s of kms without any explosion being seen which would be very evident if any aircraft was hit. Notice too how the missile starts to descend indicating the SU-30 was indeed operating much lower then the F-16s, indicating it did not have the proper altitude to launch missiles back at F-16s. In a nutshell these videos disprove any SU-30 being hit since we see AMRAAMS traveling vast distances but no burning/exploding aircraft.

BE8686DF-4F27-4F73-9C54-4191450E5394.jpeg

bhramos

Country flag
We all have a lot of admiration, love and respect for our Armed Forces. Came across this wonderful video from the Jagadhatri Pooja procession at Chandannagar, West Bengal on Vijaya Dashami. A tribute to the
@IAF_MCC
!

Foxbat

Country flag
However the problem is that we have videos of Pakistanis firing missiles, the smoke trail from those AMRAAMS keeps going for 10s of kms without any explosion being seen which would be very evident if any aircraft was hit. Notice too how the missile starts to descend indicating the SU-30 was indeed operating much lower then the F-16s, indicating it did not have the proper altitude to launch missiles back at F-16s. In a nutshell these videos disprove any SU-30 being hit since we see AMRAAMS traveling vast distances but no burning/exploding aircraft.

View attachment 39908
That picture has been posted on many blogs and forums and many Indian posters have claimed its Abhinandan's Mig-21 firing a R-73 and then turning back towards the LOC. From this distance it's impossible to tell without more context. Also that 2nd trail on the right might also be another plane rather than a missile.

It's a common misconception that a missile's motor continuously burns and emits smoke like the picture above.
In real life a long range missiles like the AMRAAM are only powered for a few seconds when the rocket is burning.

"All estimates of the AIM-120A suggest it's boost stage duration is 6s, whilst it's sustain stage lasts 5s. Since the C-5 has more fuel than the A[6], and as it is a boost only motor, this puts the estimated burn time between 7 and 9s."

Source: http://www.zaretto.com/sites/zarett...data/AIM120C5-Performance-Assessment-rev2.pdf

The missile uses this boost phase to reach a very high altitude quickly and then cruises to it's target due to its momentum and then glides down at a very large velocity due to gravity. Hence you would not see a smoke trail from an AIM-120 fired at a long range target when its in the terminal stage.

Neptune

Country flag
That picture has been posted on many blogs and forums and many Indian posters have claimed its Abhinandan's Mig-21 firing a R-73 and then turning back towards the LOC. From this distance it's impossible to tell without more context. Also that 2nd trail on the right might also be another plane rather than a missile.

It's a common misconception that a missile's motor continuously burns and emits smoke like the picture above.
In real life a long range missiles like the AMRAAM are only powered for a few seconds when the rocket is burning.

"All estimates of the AIM-120A suggest it's boost stage duration is 6s, whilst it's sustain stage lasts 5s. Since the C-5 has more fuel than the A[6], and as it is a boost only motor, this puts the estimated burn time between 7 and 9s."

Source: http://www.zaretto.com/sites/zarett...data/AIM120C5-Performance-Assessment-rev2.pdf

The missile uses this boost phase to reach a very high altitude quickly and then cruises to it's target due to its momentum and then glides down at a very large velocity due to gravity. Hence you would not see a smoke trail from an AIM-120 fired at a long range target when its in the terminal stage.

It’s a missile, I’m 90% sure, it was fired from east to west or left to right of the photo, you can tell by the smoke trail dissipating from the east. Missiles also tend to leave a none linear smoke trail due to course correction and I am aware that missiles like the AMRAAM have a boost phase and then use their kinetic energy the rest of the way.

AMRAAMs also leave smoke trails for a very long time:

Bosch

Country flag
Pakistanis now made this statue. Great way to spend resources and money when the country is a third world shit hole.

View attachment 40033
Shameful behaviour by Porkis. Absolute beggars. They are putting our pilot thru so much unwarranted ignominy. With all my heart, I pray he gets another chance to bomb Porkistan and send especially Ghafoora to his whores. Filthy scum of a country.

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
If anyone has an account in Peedf
Please post this pic
The guy who had his hold on Abhi was an army officer, but here morons :facepalm: show him as air force personnel
Please pinprick there .:bounce::lawl:
@porky_kicker @Neptune @Foxbat anyone??
When F-16 and JF-17 are interchangeable... so are Pak army and Pak air force officers..

Neptune

Country flag
If anyone has an account in Peedf
Please post this pic
The guy who had his hold on Abhi was an army officer, but here morons :facepalm: show him as air force personnel
Please pinprick there .:bounce::lawl:
@porky_kicker @Neptune @Foxbat anyone??

No point, we will get banned. They automatically ban anyone that question their narrative, point out inconsistencies or ask for proof. I was a member for almost ten years, never got banned until February when politely asked, how can SU-30 disappear and where is proof? A mod by the name of ‘The Eagle’ swooped in, deleted my posts and then started talking shit to me via private message, and of course I could not reply back to him. Worse is he started spreading lies about me to smear my credibility. The Pakistanis that we’re arguing with me, in which they struggled to answer basic questions started rejoicing when I was banned. They act like cowardly rats, too afraid to challenge people so they ban and delete everyone. They probably banned half the Indians in that forum and even none Indians like myself were so disgusting by their behavior that I have no intention of going back. It’s their loss, I’m sure their traffic has fallen. It’s an empty echo chamber down there.

What is funnier is what they are doing with these monuments is Haram, it’s forbidden in Islam to idolize and praise anyone but Alla. Muslims and Mohammad were known to destroy monuments because it was idolatry, they still do it to this day.

Flying Dagger

Country flag
Money spent would be recovered for sure that's not a concern. I am just amused with the Ghafooras statue with Abhi . Such a desperate housewife Ghafoora is "cheap attention seeker ".

These kind of stuff are what enthralls their pak-pak aawam

Pakistanis now made this statue. Great way to spend resources and money when the country is a third world shit hole.

View attachment 40033

Absolut_Vodka

Quarantined Abdul
Banned
Country flag
Paki celebrate 27 Feb and "Tea is fantastic" like India was holding back air strikes due to fear of PAF.

Dumb Salwar Kamiz don't realize it that it was Paki Nukes that were holding India back from Surgical strikes, PAF was never a concern to us.

Now that threshold has been gauged, we are pounding them with arty fires and MBRLs besides taking bold decisions like CAB, Art 370, Ram mandir etc that would have increased border tensions or atleast terror attacks or hostage type situations. We skipped all that sabre rattling courtesy 26 and 27 Feb.

Pakistan may plan and win tactically but they always lose strategically.

Keep drinking tea and Pakiland's rationale for Riasat-e-Pudina disappears to oblivion.

Foxbat

Country flag
Came across this interesting article in the US Media:

State Department Reprimanded Pakistan for Misusing F-16s, Document Shows

https://www.usnews.com/news/world-r...n-in-august-for-misusing-f-16s-document-shows

A TOP AMERICAN DIPLOMAT sent a written reprimand to the chiefs of the Pakistani air force in August accusing them of misusing U.S.-supplied F-16 fighter jets and jeopardizing their shared security, according to documents obtained by U.S. News.

No wonder why the DG ISPR was making up stories of JF-17s involved in the aerial combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles