IAF jet lands successfully on Yamuna expressway

sob

Mod
Country flag
look, if fighter can land and take off from dirt track there is no reasons why they can not take off / land on any black top road provided the road stretch is plain and not undulating for about 3kms and is unobstructed both ways to allow the width or wings a smooth run.

These stretches have to be identified marked and maintained and ammunition and fuel refilling facilities provided there which simply is not a joke.

The road rage has to be deliberately planned and rehearsed.
You are correct without maintaining ammunition and refuelling facility there is no point of landing on the roads.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
You are correct without maintaining ammunition and refuelling facility there is no point of landing on the roads.
Such landing are to help a jet under stress or being hit. Nothing to do with normal typical functioning. Remember Pilot is more important than the jet.

jouni

In Finnish doctrine all air force activity will be moved to road bases. Air force bases are too dangerous because of Iskander threath.

avknight1408

Country flag
They could also test landing/takeoff on Hyderabad's 14-lane ORR-Plex road.

The need for highway landing of a fighter jet in south india is very less. South india has minimal fighter jet presence. I think the only base with fighter jets in the south is in thanjavur afs.

DingDong

Country flag
It can.... Travel down the autobahn in Germany to know speed and quality.......
I have been taking this route to Agra frequently, 150 km/h feels like 45 km/h on this road.

blueblood

These stretches have to be identified marked and maintained and ammunition and fuel refilling facilities provided there which simply is not a joke.

The road rage has to be deliberately planned and rehearsed.

Refuelers like these are used for fuel transfer on move. Similar mobile platforms are used for maintenance and weapons loading. Some AF practice these things a lot have a surprisingly short period of turn around, depending on machine of course.

pmaitra

There are some really nice pictures here. I cannot find the infrastructure thread. These pictures should also be posted there.

Alien

Thanks bro. You are a new joinee, but looks like you have been following DFI for a while. Yes, this is the thread.
No problem :)

Yes, I have been lurking on this forum for quite a some time.

Ukraine thread is a humongous one which I still follow :D

The new forum look caught my eye and couldn't resist myself joining this forum (finally).

Rashna

Country flag
That's good....... If you can't travel at decent speeds then it is a dead giveaway about the quality of the road. The mumbai pune expressway is so bumpy its impossible to travel above 80 kmph.

I have been taking this route to Agra frequently, 150 km/h feels like 45 km/h on this road.

jouni

Are all Finns like Kimi - ..........................you know.
If you mean blond and talented? not all, but most. If you mean quiet and straight to business with no BS smalltalk..then definitely yes. If you mean that earn 30 Million Euros a year with car mechanics second level education.. then unfortunately no. If you mean live in nice house and have beautiful wife...then mostly yes. If you mean like to drink..then absolutely. If you mean respect co workers and do not stab in the back or do politics inside the team...then yes. If you mean like Indian food...then most do, but not all.

The enlightened

If you mean quiet and straight to business with no BS smalltalk..then definitely yes.
Well thats cool, but with the media you are supposed to talk, after all interaction with the viewers is very important as it is them who ultimately pay for his 30 million Euro salary. Don't get me wrong, its really hilarious and I wouldn't want Kimi to change in anyway, its just that its a bit rude. Anyway too OFFTOPIC. END

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
May be , but i don't think Hyd ORR is a concrete road. Yamuna Expressway is made out of concrete foundation.
What will happen if it is not concrete?
Mostly runways are made of tar and chips(stones)

DingDong

Country flag
What will happen if it is not concrete?
Mostly runways are made of tar and chips(stones)
One factor is availability of long straight stretch of around 3-5 km and Yamuna Expressway has got many. Another factor is a clear path of descent, again the Yamuna Expressway wins.

I don't think that the make of the paved road is the primary concern as long as it is well-maintained and professionally designed/planned.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles