I will have a travel in north india, could indian friends give me some useful info?

aoyegui

LOL sounds like "just avoid Bihar, Bengal and all that area and you will be fine"

Despite being a Bihari... its understandable :D
Varanasi is the eastest city in my travel plan. there are so many places i want to, but i need my job for the next travel too...... :p
BTW: i don't know "just avoid Bihar, Bengal and all that area and you will be fine", it's something?

Nagraj

hasn't situation in bihar has improved after nitish came to power????:confused:
LOL sounds like "just avoid Bihar, Bengal and all that area and you will be fine"

Despite being a Bihari... its understandable :D

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am not a Bihari, but this much I will say is that Bihar is a paradise compared to the Lalloo times.

And what is wrong with Bengal?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
It costs big money!

He said, if I remember correctly, is on a Backpaper holiday!
Well I will still recommend he goes to Rajasthan. Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur. I want to go on a holiday to Rajasthan myself.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Well I will still recommend he goes to Rajasthan. Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur. I want to go on a holiday to Rajasthan myself.
Indeed that will be a very good suggestion.

Also some of the areas in Gujarat too since it will be adjacent.

Great roads in both States.

Blackwater

according to the infomation i had got, the whole budget will under $1000.
$1000 :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:, Sir, you are visiting INDIA not Pakistan.. :namaste::namaste:

1000$ is peanuts if we compare to your plans.. as i said India is not cheap... you better visit pakis,tan, there u can do in $1000. Coz there are only 2 citiies to see, Lahore and Islamabad rest are not approachable :scared2::scared2::scared2:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
$1000 :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:, Sir, you are visiting INDIA not Pakistan.. :namaste::namaste:

1000$ is peanuts if we compare to your plans.. as i said India is not cheap... you better visit pakis,tan, there u can do in $1000. Coz there are only 2 citiies to see, Lahore and Islamabad rest are not approachable :scared2::scared2::scared2:
Unless kidnapped by the Taliban or other 'Travel' agencies of Pakistan! :rofl:

John_Rambo

Tihar Jail
Banned
my english is not good, so if there are some wrong in my words, just forget it. thanks!

i am a chinese backpacker and i love the indian culture very much. i had dreaming this travel for months. i will begin my travel at Jan/2012, will visit cities: Delhi, Agra, Varanasi, Jhansi,etc. and i need some informations from every friends.:namaste:

1, what kind of GPS software is the best one in india? free and offline-using is better.:p i need install in my andriod or win mobile system cellphone. i just know the googlemaps, but it's an online software, i don't know whether i could keep online anytime.
2, which Mobile operators is better? i need charge money at different cities, and cheap and 3g is better.
3, which Hotel Chain is better? i need the name, the offical website link is better.
4, introduce some pop music stars. name and classical songs.
maybe i will need some more. now these are ok.
thanks whatever.:namaste:

Please buy an lonely planet guide or else it would be very difficult for you to get along in this strange land.

I hope you have a good time here and find what your looking for. :)

KS

Bye bye DFI
- Go for Karnataka and Kerala, Avoid Andhra and Tamil Nadu. Tamil Nadu is also a great place to experience a rich culture of India other than that its unnecessary.
Why sir ?

amoy

I agree $1000 budget is very tight for a vast country with some many sites of interest on your agenda.

That's more than enough for Thailand though :p

aoyegui

$1000 will be not including the flight tickets. And as a backpacker, the budget was decided according the latest travels of some chinese hike forums. maybe It will be over $1000 in the end, but will be not too far. I am a backpacker, small hotel or sharing with somebody or sleeping in the train will be normal. maybe i will try several good hotel, but not always.:p

aoyegui

thank above all!
if not over my budget, i want to experience anything.:laugh:
The LP book is necessary, but more details need friends tell me. I got many information from chinese travel forums and want more from the local.:namaste:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
thank u!
i have only 20 day's vacation. so, i will visit cities and scenic spots.
some friends told me that foreigner could buy the local sim card at the airport for short visiting. i don't know whether it's true. have a local sim card is very useful and saving money.
according to the infomation i had got, the whole budget will under $1000.
1,000 dollars translates to roughly rs52,000-53,000.
20 days trip.

per day budget of roughly rs2500-2700.

for a backpacker that should be enough.

look for accommodations less than rs1,000/night, negotiate well, check out more than one place before you settle for the final place of rest for the day, people initially will tell you huge amounts. ideally you could cut this down further, just as yusuf suggested, you could do with a 10dollar (rs500-550) accommodation as well. there are enough budget accommodations in the places you are headed to.

your food expense should be around rs500-600/day, you can easily limit it further if you so like.

for intra-city/town travel, look for modes of transport other than taxies. ask local people, they could help, but every chance when you speak, you might give away you are not an indian, and so be extra careful.

for inter-city/town travel, look for state transport buses or trains.

if you are allergic to dust, and pollution, be little careful of these modes of transport.

make sure at the time of travel you dont eat stuff being offered by unknown people.

divide your money well (keep some in wallet, pockets, and in back-bag), and keep it well hidden. in the pocket for daily expense, keep no more than rs1000.

niharjhatn

I am not a Bihari, but this much I will say is that Bihar is a paradise compared to the Lalloo times.

And what is wrong with Bengal?
Well yes, the situation is better, however, you can't remove the 100 years of backwardness Lalloo introduced in a few short years. Lot's of people say the same thing when BJP came to power in the 90's - that they hardly improved India... but IMO it takes a lot of time to remove the filth that had been perpetrated...

And Bengal... is just poor compared to other cities. Calcutta, given its HUGE importance to India (especially in the past), should have been our Shanghai or Yokohama but look what happens when a commie govt is in power for so long

Global Defence

New threads

Articles