I was offered a bribe of Rs. 14 crore, says Army Chief

sehwag1830

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
2 comments from TOI on this issue:

1. Dog Diggy Singh will say..." Is mein RSS ka hath hai, Yeh Rahul Baba ki image kharab karne ka yatan hai, Rahul Baba ko PM banao...sab RSS ka drama hai..." Dog Manish Tiwari will say " Yeh sab opposition ki chal hai, General sahab hamse Age row ka badla le rahe hain" Arundati roy..."Agar Indian Army Kashmir se hat jaye to na Arms ki zaroorat pade gi na hi corruption hogi"..Meda Patekar will join her chorus.. Annaji baichare andhon ki nagri mein phir se fast pe baithenge...aur is sab ke bad.. .Poonam Pandey nangi ho ke TOI pe ek photo aur laga degi.. Kya hoga mere desh ka..we need another Chanakya...BTW long live General Sahab.. :laugh::laugh:

2.it needs courage to disclose some thing of this magnitude. we must respect the courage rather than start suspecting timing and purpose and all that bull sht. as an army officer I salute Gen singh to have finally gathered courage to speak out abt this rotten system . This beautiful organisation has been thrown to dogs after Gen Roychoudhary took over the final nail in the coffin was put by JJ Singh, most corrupt gen army could see. Now his protege likely to takeover. Anyone who has done a tenure in south block knows the TWO famous lobbies, all transactions fall within the purview of one of them. All appointments from PP, procurement, Ordnance to DGQA are controlled by them. Its a huge network and very closely related cong brass. BJP only draws its share once matter goes to PPC. All are taken care of. NO one should show any surprise in such revelations, it is just tip of the iceberg. Only TWO things are sacred in INDIA- Army & Cricket and believe me these two are biggest earner of Black money for big bigs stashed abroad. Challenge me if some one can?

SPIEZ

Country flag
Come on Kunal I think you have an idea what vehicle the general is talking about. Give us a clear hint, earlier you said that the inclusion of Mahindra is doubtful, so I m going with mahindra in this case.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I hope all of you have seen the TimesNow interview of the Chief and various other debates.

Ahluwalia of the IAF is a Govt man!

Talks big, but otherwise, he was no great shakes in the IAF!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Yes, it could have been earlier.

But it takes a lot of courage to talk even if late.

What is our aim.

Keep India dirty or keep India clean?

Manmohan and Anthony shunted out Panag to ARTRAC when he was investigating Deepak Kapoor, who is a congenital thief.

How come?

JJ is no paragon of virtues either!

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
What is your Point..

Its all Jawan, JCO and Officers are disciplined, There are few who makes the whole lake dirty..

Just coz of few you cannot blame the whole..
I have interacted with a few Army officers and my uncle, who has worked in PMO. All said that the Jawans are not corrupt but the Army officers(if not all) are. Also they said the local politicians are the reason they are corrupt in the first place.

They also said this is the reason many of the defense procurement issues are delayed .

What if they are right?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I have interacted with a few Army officers and my uncle, who has worked in PMO. All said that the Jawans are not corrupt but the Army officers(if not all) are. Also they said the local politicians are the reason they are corrupt in the first place.
You have Interacted with Few Army Officers, I grown and Bread in Military and what i learned:

It is dependent on the environment, pressures, and more so, dependent on the character deficiency of an individual.
More or less same..

After four months.........?
I don't remember anywhere in this forum i said so ?

If you know his history and reputation you wouldn't ask..

bhramos

Country flag
Brigadier Ramaswamy (retired)

The solution is simple. If the Army and the Govt. believe their officers are honest, the CBI should follow one easy rule - just investigate the number of houses/property of the previous three of each - Army chiefs, Quarter Master General (QMG), director generals of Army Ordnance corps, Army Service Corps. This alone will bring out thousands of skeletons from the closet, I guarantee you. There is no need for further investigation - they will all 20 generals speak the truth - who took how much.
Retired Lt Gen Tejinder Singh denies allegations - Hindustan Times

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Come on Kunal I think you have an idea what vehicle the general is talking about. Give us a clear hint, earlier you said that the inclusion of Mahindra is doubtful, so I m going with mahindra in this case.
TATRA is shock to me as well..

4X4 is mass is also new in Army..

parijataka

Country flag
Gen VK Singh comes across as a sincere and honest person, he is very courageous to speak out in public in this manner. He probably feels he has nothing to lose as he will be retiring in another 2 months. Its a wonder we still have people like Gen Singh in India.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
No disrespect to the armed forces here, but come on. In the armed forces, the sepoys are the most dedicated. They are disciplined well and they dont indulge in corruption. Its the officers who along with the local politicians who engage in this corruption. Corruption has become an integral part of the society so much so that the we have to tolerate the corruption in Army now.:tsk: Shame on us and our society

Also look at 14Cr Rs. , Its so meagre. Realy? just 14 Cr Rs. that too to the army chief. Give me a break.
truely said mad indian...i too had heard many such stories of corruption done by officers in all the three armed forces from the service personnel l itself...
Any way a reputed company like tatra was forced to pay bribes then the situation is worse now days also.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
You have Interacted with Few Army Officers, I grown and Bread in Military and what i learned:
It is dependent on the environment, pressures, and more so, dependent on the character deficiency of an individual.
But thats what i meant Kunal, the situation and the pressure. the politicians coruupt them. Also, the officers who join them may also be forced into corrution if the senior officer is like that no? It becomes a continuous cycle of one corrupting the other who in turn corrupts the other:sad:

Any way a reputed company like tatra was forced to pay bribes then the situation is worse now days also.
Exactly. If its gonna be the situation for the companies like Tatra, imagine for the Rest:sad:. And given the society of India, its not very hard to believe that the Armed forces may be corrupt now, is it?

Spindrift

Amend the law in such a manner where any government servant (including the army personal) who has taken an oath to serve and or defend the Constitution of India, if involved in corruption should be tried for high treason and if held guilty should be given the death penalty (not by hanging but by a firing squad) and in such a case the guilty will not have the option to approach the President of India for a pardon or for getting the death penalty commuted to life in-imprisonment, however he should be able to appeal the verdict in the Supreme Court of India.

Anshu Attri

Country flag
complete interview of Gen. V. K. SINGH

Last edited by a moderator:

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
he may be hinting n Retd.Lt. General Tejiner singh.He is the ne believe to be behind the bugging of defence ministers office .

Adux

Country flag
I dont think this General is clean nor do I think his compatriots before him and some going to come are clean either. There are way too many holes in his story.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
I dont think this General is clean nor do I think his compatriots before him and some going to come are clean either. There are way too many holes in his story.
May be he wont be clean but one thing is sure ,compared to his predecessors he didn't made much profit using his position thanx to his policy of no major shopping for army.He is the one of them who had slowed down the whole modernization process army was undergoing.

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Tejinder Singh on scandal....

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Controversial TATRA vehicles mentioned by Army Chief

Global Defence