I was offered a bribe of Rs. 14 crore, says Army Chief

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Ashoke Leyland have been in the Army for a very very long time, even when the Army had Studebakers! It was the mainstay of the 10 ton variety.

Then Tata came in with the 3 ton variety.

Jongas (Nissan Patrol) and Nissan came in in the Jeep and 1 Ton variety after the 1962 War. I still remember they were blue in colour.

Then came Shaktiman!

And then we have these latest varieties.

I wonder how the Chief was expected to clear the 7000. The DGI accepts or rejects military equipment and it is another quasi military organisation.

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Kunal, can you tell us about vehicles of Ashok Leyland in the Army?
There are 60,000 or much more Stallions are in service & 2.5 ton A&L trucks, These are outstanding vehicles with relatively low maintenance and high performance..
But there are Vehicles which are few like

Mahindra 550 Military version.
TATA SUMO only serves as Ambulance.
TATA Indigo as for Only VIP duties and these are not liked.
TATA Pick up for MES only.
Swarag 4WD Ambulance is Big and Low Powered.
Hero Honda CD100, DR`s ( Bike )

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
But there are Vehicles which are few like

Mahindra 550 Military version.
TATA SUMO only serves as Ambulance.
TATA Indigo as for Only VIP duties and these are not liked.
TATA Pick up for MES only.
Swarag 4WD Ambulance is Big and Low Powered.
Hero Honda CD100, DR`s ( Bike )
Seriously the above are not worth "buying" an army chief to sell to the army. There has to be something else.

Ok considering that the 14 crore was say part of a 10-20% bribe that included politicians and 14cr was about 2% of it, we could be looking at an equipment worth 1 crore each.

Has there been a vehicle purchase worth 7000 crores approx? I mean we can keep guessing till the Chief states it explicitly.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
WoW he have told it openly now lot more will come in open, Damn if Chief gets 14C what would have those Italian mafia would get ?

Chief has opened up a Pandora box :sad:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Defence Min has ordered a probe :) some more waste of money. I mean why all this? Army Chief should just come out and give all the details and save everyone the trouble and an opportunity to cover the tracks.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Offer was made directly to the Army Chief. How does the government come into the picture? As of now there is no mention of any government official. Unless the Army Chief tell more about this and if there is any government involvement.

What I make of this is the company tried to get the Army Chief to "advise" the government on further purchase of the vehicle and certify it's "quality" and "need" for the army.

The government will go by what the army wants.

Anyone seen the movie Hum? This situation reminds me of that movie.

If they have not bought the govt already they wont dare going to the chief at first place, Chief would have been the last in the struggle and the NSC members would have main play.

The government will go by what the army wants.:rotflmao:
lol

These poor lads are shouting for a Memorial, Better Pay, One Rank one Pay, Better facility in border and atleast a 1KG ball's to take on adversaries. And you say this :tsk:

He said there was no proper facility where they could be serviced and maintained and yet they continued to be sold to the Army: "Just imagine, one of these men had the gumption to walk up to me and tell me that if I cleared the tranche, he would give me Rs. 14 crore. He was offering a bribe to me, to the Army Chief. He told me that people had taken money before me and they will take money after me.
^^ what is this then dont try to save this corrupt Cong blood suckers they dont even care the ones who serve in -33 to +55 expect may be AK all are here to make money i guess

Last edited:

amitkriit

Well first that company will be identified and be blacklisted. Then find the previous chief who HAS taken a bribe and ordered 7000 vehicles. Also find out where it is lacking as it is said that the vehicles are sub standard and we cannot have the lives of our soldiers at stake. Either upgrade this substandard vehicle or junk it and encash the bank guarantee of the company.
A. We know the name of the company, don't we? This is the company which fails to sell in open market, but does well in defence for some unknown reason. What does it offer to defence which it keeps secret from the public?
B. We also know the name of the Army General who approved contracts in past don't we? Those serving in Army know him very well and also his great deeds.
C. The company approached the current chief, because those in the ministry were already bought up, and the chief was the only remaining roadblock.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
If 14 cr was offered for 600 vehicles, it means about 175 cr for 7000. One army chief is a very rich man. Who is he?

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Yusuf bhai, its ridiculous to say that the government has nothing to do with the scam as The General himself as said that he personally informed the DEFENCE MINISTER A.K.ANTONY earlier but the defence minister did not even take any action nor he or his government utter a single word about this incident to the parliament............

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Gen is on Times Now. He is saying that the General who offered him has retired just a few days ago.

Also said that corruption is deep rooted and like cancer which requires a "major surgery" to cleanse.

Galaxy

Country flag
One of my friend who works for North India defence related canteen. He supply few things, Designer for Stall/Canteen and do advertisement in their canteen and get paid for that. He pays lots of money to Defence personnel as bribe to get those contracts. He has designed many North Indian Army canteen. If he will not pay, He won't get the contract and others are waiting to give commission to many corrupt defence personnel. The system is corrupt. :sad:

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Firstpost is naming Lt Gen Tejinder Singh who allegedly has been an Adarsh allottee.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles