I was offered a bribe of Rs. 14 crore, says Army Chief

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Skeletons are tumbling out of the cupboard.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
I am waiting for full scale blow up of the scandal in our Armed forces. Anybody and everybody responsible for polluting the sanctimony of Armed Forces should be brought in front of Indian Judiciary and prosecuted, if found guilty he/she should be handed down the longest jail term with hard labour for 50 to 100 years.

JAYRAM

2 STRIKE CORPS
Asked what had brought the Army to the state where the Chief could be offered a bribe, he said: "Obviously somewhere our standards of probity and integrity have fallen."

According to General Singh, it was because he had cracked down on corruption that he was targeted on his date of birth: "But things are fast unravelling and you will soon see the hand behind the drama. You will soon see who the sutradhar of the play is."

i always have high hope that this man is a genuine one.. He said nothing but that is rampant in every indian govt instituition...

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
He said the vehicles, 7,000 of which were already in use in the Army, had been sold over the years at exorbitant prices with no questions asked
The above is more important. 7000 such vehicles have already been supplied and in use by the IA.

What he also says is that the people offering him the bribe told him
people had taken money before me and they will take money after me.
Army needs to pull up its socks and clear the shit that has taken root.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
The General said the lobbyist offered him the bribe in order to have a tranche of 600 sub-standard vehicles of a particular make cleared for purchase. He said the vehicles, 7,000 of which were already in use in the Army, had been sold over the years at exorbitant prices with no questions asked. He said there was no proper facility where they could be serviced and maintained and yet they continued to be sold to the Army: "Just imagine, one of these men had the gumption to walk up to me and tell me that if I cleared the tranche, he would give me Rs. 14 crore. He was offering a bribe to me, to the Army Chief. He told me that people had taken money before me and they will take money after me."
So, what are the vehicles he is talking about?. If we know these vehicles we will know who the person who bribed him and the political backing this ex-Army lobbyist is getting from.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What vehicle is in use by the IA that is about 7,000 units more or less?

Last edited:

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
The congress government is "ALL IN ALL SCAM GOVERNMENT". B.S., if this is the state of the country then we will demise so quickly that one fine morning when we get up we will be captivated by someone else. Drive out the entire fake gandhi family and bring peace and freedom from foreign rule.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The congress government is "ALL IN ALL SCAM GOVERNMENT". B.S., if this is the state of the country then we will demise so quickly that one fine morning when we get up we will be captivated by someone else. Drive out the entire fake gandhi family and bring peace and freedom from foreign rule.
Offer was made directly to the Army Chief. How does the government come into the picture? As of now there is no mention of any government official. Unless the Army Chief tell more about this and if there is any government involvement.

What I make of this is the company tried to get the Army Chief to "advise" the government on further purchase of the vehicle and certify it's "quality" and "need" for the army.

The government will go by what the army wants.

Anyone seen the movie Hum? This situation reminds me of that movie.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
14 crore for 600 vehicles works out to 2.5 lacs approx. considering a 10% estimation as bribe, the vehicle should cost about 25 lacs approx. what vehicle would cost that? I am thinking APCs would be of that range ?? Or some trucks like Tatras?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Logistic Vehicles, Tatra are good seen them in action though..

it always strange for me to see Mahindra Jeep with Maruti jeep, Maruti army jeeps is more powerful than Mahindra once and why two vehicles of same category are in service..

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

it always strange for me to see Mahindra Jeep with Maruti jeep, Maruti army jeeps is more powerful than Mahindra once and why two vehicles of same category are in service..
What Mahindra ones? Any pic?

Last edited:

SPIEZ

Country flag
The General said the lobbyist offered him the bribe in order to have a tranche of 600 sub-standard vehicles of a particular make cleared for purchase. He said the vehicles, 7,000 of which were already in use in the Army, had been sold over the years at exorbitant prices with no questions asked. He said there was no proper facility where they could be serviced and maintained and yet they continued to be sold to the Army
Now what vehicle is it? It's not going to be tough to find out, since the numbers have been given, so veterans any idea what vehicle are we talking about.

He told me that people had taken money before me and they will take money after me.
I seriously believe this is just the tip of the ice berg.

SPIEZ

Country flag
14 crore for 600 vehicles works out to 2.5 lacs approx. considering a 10% estimation as bribe, the vehicle should cost about 25 lacs approx. what vehicle would cost that? I am thinking APCs would be of that range ?? Or some trucks like Tatras?
At 25 lacs (with the escalation) or 2.5 L (without it) it doesn't look like an exorbitantly high amount for APC. The army does need such things.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Offer was made directly to the Army Chief. How does the government come into the picture? As of now there is no mention of any government official. Unless the Army Chief tell more about this and if there is any government involvement.

What I make of this is the company tried to get the Army Chief to "advise" the government on further purchase of the vehicle and certify it's "quality" and "need" for the army.

The government will go by what the army wants.

Anyone seen the movie Hum? This situation reminds me of that movie.
My doubts on the govt not being part of it.
How can an army man with a fixed scale income suddenly show such high increase in his property?
I certainly believe the govt is a part f this mess.

SPIEZ

Country flag

Interesting to note that Maruti no longer caters to the army these days and most of the deals go to Mahindra.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles