I want more Pakistani actors coming to India: Ali Zafar

Blackwater

Ali Zafar was India's favourite Pakistani pinup boy long before Fawad Khan entered Bollywood and took the country by storm - but Ali sees 'Viku's' success as a big plus for Pakistan.

The Total Siyapaa leading man insists that the two are friends and there is no place for animosity between them.

"I had supported his movie [Khoobsurat] on social media. I pray to God that he gets more offers," Ali told Hindustan Times.

Ali further says that Fawad's entry into Bollywood was fitting for the actor, with the makers of the movie projecting him well. He added that when he used to watch Fawad on-screen back home, he felt the actor deserved more success.

"Fawad has a big fan base, and it's because of him that his recent film, Khoobsurat, has fared well back home (in Pakistan). Here, in India, too, girls are crazy about him."

Ali, who is currently promoting his upcoming movie, Kill Dill starring Ranveer Singh and Parineeti Chopra, also said this is an extremely fruitful time for Pakistani actors to work in Indian cinema and vice versa.

"I want more Pakistani actors to come to India. The more that happens, the more we will be able to understand each other."

I want more Pakistani actors coming to India: Ali Zafar - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

anupamsurey

Country flag
Is he talking about "non state actors"- no thanks we have lots of them, though we can sure use Bilawal bhutto Z. we are running short of jokes on Rahul Gandhi.

Compersion

Country flag
Some say that the reason is not for acting skills but because of background and support by people that control certain section of the industry.

at the end of the day the shah rukh khans, and to some extent and the salman khans know that will always be a reason people will think even though they are good actors but probably gotten the roles and opportunity others might not have. ironically that is changing a little with the influx of hollywood traditions into bollywood and the industry becoming more professional and the selections becoming more wide. BANG BANG.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles