I Refuse to believe that Oil just stopped at Iran border

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
New onshore gas field discovered in Pakistan
The onshore gas field is located in the Khirtar Fold Belt region, 350 kilometers north of Karachi.

Italian oil group Eni said on Wednesday it had discovered a new onshore gas field in Pakistan with about 8.5-11.5 billion cubic metres of gas in place.

A test revealed the gas quality is "excellent", Eni said.

"The drilling of Badhra North B-1 is part of Eni s new strategy in Pakistan which aims to refocus exploration activities in the neighboring areas to productive fields and confirms the presence of significant exploration potential that can be exploited through the application of new geological models," the Italian group added.

Eni said it has started discussion with the Pakistani regulator in order to speed up the production of the discovery through a long-term production test that will allow for the commercialization of gas, and help to reduce the national gas deficit.

Eni has been present in Pakistan since 2000 and is the largest producer in the country, with an average equity production at approximately 54,800 barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2011.

Dunya News:
The Resources are there , we Just need to Find them.

As a Professor of Geology once said,
"I Refuse to believe that Oil just stopped at Iran border "

Reactions: sob

mki

if your news is true then China company is on its way to explore it in Pakistan, they will take your natural gas and give your country natural gas of their stomach. I am sure your efficient govt will accept it and make deal to give you J10 and some J20.

Congrats mate.

sob

Mod
Country flag
New onshore gas field discovered in Pakistan
The onshore gas field is located in the Khirtar Fold Belt region, 350 kilometers north of Karachi.

Italian oil group Eni said on Wednesday it had discovered a new onshore gas field in Pakistan with about 8.5-11.5 billion cubic metres of gas in place.

A test revealed the gas quality is "excellent", Eni said.

"The drilling of Badhra North B-1 is part of Eni s new strategy in Pakistan which aims to refocus exploration activities in the neighboring areas to productive fields and confirms the presence of significant exploration potential that can be exploited through the application of new geological models," the Italian group added.

Eni said it has started discussion with the Pakistani regulator in order to speed up the production of the discovery through a long-term production test that will allow for the commercialization of gas, and help to reduce the national gas deficit.

Eni has been present in Pakistan since 2000 and is the largest producer in the country, with an average equity production at approximately 54,800 barrels of oil equivalent per day in 2011.

Dunya News:
The Resources are there , we Just need to Find them.

As a Professor of Geology once said,
"I Refuse to believe that Oil just stopped at Iran border "

The same would be the view point of the Israeli's.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
i dont believe it when they say the big and wide India has no oil and gas either.. I am happy though that none is found in large volumes yet. Wait for the mid east to dry up and then i hope we strike GOLD!!

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
if your news is true then China company is on its way to explore it in Pakistan, they will take your natural gas and give your country natural gas of their stomach. I am sure your efficient govt will accept it and make deal to give you J10 and some J20.

Congrats mate.
govt is doing nothing nor will they do until ppp is

in 2009 uranium reserves were discovered in bannu and nothing is done since than

the Karak gas field is very huge it supply to Peshawar and beyond till Dera ismail khan
to almost 70% of kpk

it supplies gas to each and every house and at very cheap rates

while it only counts for 16% of the total active gas reserves

sob

Mod
Country flag
There has been big oil and gas find off the Orissa coast but due to environmental issues and also due to the ongoing Krishna Godavari Block issue, Relaince is going slow in this block. IIRC they call it the Mahanadi Block.

ONGC has also found significant Gas Reserves here.

sob

Mod
Country flag
govt is doing nothing nor will they do until ppp is

in 2009 uranium reserves were discovered in bannu and nothing is done since than

the Karak gas field is very huge it supply to Peshawar and beyond till Dera ismail khan
to almost 70% of kpk

it supplies gas to each and every house and at very cheap rates

while it only counts for 16% of the total active gas reserves
Farhan, any updates on the Thar coal reserves and plans to mine it and IIRC there was also plan to have a Thermal Power Plant.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
The same would be the view point of the Israeli's.
first of all Israel is a very small country
while few months before large gas reserves were discovered in Israel

well if you check the proven gas reserves ranking by countries

India is slightly ahead of Pakistan despite that no major discovery process is done here and Pakistan is smaller than India as well

sob

Mod
Country flag
Farhan, Sui gas field has huge reserves and is a proven gas field for Pakistan.

Wonder if there is more exploration in the area, or has it been stopped due to the law and order position.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Farhan, any updates on the Thar coal reserves and plans to mine it and IIRC there was also plan to have a Thermal Power Plant.
my info is old

oracle will setup a 600mw plant initially
engro power plant but i dont know the capacity

recently sindh govt has signed agreement WITH foreign company to initially setup a 1000mw

there was one pilot project with local tech but i heard that funds were stopped for that project

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Farhan, Sui gas field has huge reserves and is a proven gas field for Pakistan.

Wonder if there is more exploration in the area, or has it been stopped due to the law and order position.
Sui gas field is now past tense
it counts only 2% of total reserve now as it was discovered in 1952

70% of Pakistan active gas reserve are in sindh

sob

Mod
Country flag
IMHO with the kind of Coal Reserves and the shortages being faced in Pakistan, the plans for the Thermal Power plants are very modest.

In today's time to get higher efficiency and lower emission, it is the time for Super Critical plants of 600 MW and above. Chinese equipment manufacturers make decent stuff and have sold some plants in India too.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
IMHO with the kind of Coal Reserves and the shortages being faced in Pakistan, the plans for the Thermal Power plants are very modest.

In today's time to get higher efficiency and lower emission, it is the time for Super Critical plants of 600 MW and above. Chinese equipment manufacturers make decent stuff and have sold some plants in India too.
while thar coal reserves were discovered in 1991 and confirmed by international firms as well

and despite 2 decades not even 100mw plant is active yet

i guess we should shoot all our part leaders and give a chance to imran khan

with finance minister like Asad umar

Blackwater

why is nuclear power,thakedar of Islam and Arabs aka pakistan needs Italian company to find gas

Anyhow pakistan will get nothing, italian will extract and Ameerika will consume .paki janta gets ghanta

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles