I have some doubts about globalfirepower figures, can someone shed some light?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Cannot take it on face value. Imagine India has more anti aircraft weapons than even Russia and US. China is at the bottom. India has 7 times more AA than the US!! Looks like some fanboy stuff. Need a direct link to the library of congress that this site is referring.

Even if it is junk, if this is actual figures, it represents pretty good numbers, no matter what age and quality, provided they are in working condition!!

Dark_Prince

Cannot take it on face value. Imagine India has more anti aircraft weapons than even Russia and US. China is at the bottom. India has 7 times more AA than the US!! Looks like some fanboy stuff. Need a direct link to the library of congress that this site is referring.

Even if it is junk, if this is actual figures, it represents pretty good numbers, no matter what age and quality, provided they are in working condition!!
The other data provided by the site is pretty accurate, which can be triangulated and checked from other sources (easily)....However, this particular figure simply amazed me.....Lets say hypothetically we have such huge numbers of AAMs, and assume they are 20 odd yrs old on the average, hence if we fire 10 missiles at one a/c we will achieve the objective, to put it in a crude way, which implies we must be having the best air defense in the world by the sheer numerical superiority!!

indian_sukhoi

Probably,...........Wrong Information.
What suprises me is that the website claimed we have more Missiles that the Russians ;0

The source tells about no of MANPADs used available. The Only MANPADs we use are the Igla-2 missiles, which are quite few.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles