I am getting a new laptop

p2prada

Hey,the prices got even lowered i just checked!!!....it says bout 1500-2500....i bought them for 4000+
My friend bought the 9400 GT only 5 days ago.

@EM:
What's FSX?

p2prada

Requirements for FSX:

1.0 GHz CPU, 256 MB RAM (for Windows XP SP2) or 512 MB RAM (for Windows Vista),
14 GB hard drive space (15 GB for Deluxe Version), DVD drive, 32 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible video card [1]

It will play FSX easily.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
And what about the simulator that John was talking about ???

The F-18 Super Hornet simulator... he said it was the same thing that the US pilots were initially trained on...

p2prada

And what about the simulator that John was talking about ???

The F-18 Super Hornet simulator... he said it was the same thing that the US pilots were initially trained on...
That should be one of the fighters in the FSX game. If you want the Boeing flight simulator, fat chance.:D

You will just have to be content with Microsoft Flight Simulator.:blum3:

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Sayarekad,
The requirement you have will need least config.
1.4 Ghz
512 MB RAM 350 MHz
80 GB HDD
DVD-R/RW
This may cost you about 15k.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
I'm not sure if DDR3 RAM supporting motherboards have arrived in India. Even if they have, DDR3 would be quite expensive at the moment.
Yes, DDR3 RAM motherboard have arrived but the RAM itself is triple the cost of DDR2 RAM. For next 10 years DDR2 RAM will stay in the market and remain always cheap. Their are also many speculations the net that DDR3 has some addressing problem for memory location but don't know how far it is true.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
congrats on your new lappie DS:113: ,

you would be soon shifting to XP if not 7 :dozey:

Pintu

Yes, DDR3 RAM motherboard have arrived but the RAM itself is triple the cost of DDR2 RAM. For next 10 years DDR2 RAM will stay in the market and remain always cheap. Their are also many speculations the net that DDR3 has some addressing problem for memory location but don't know how far it is true.

True Dark Sorrow, I also think DDR2 will be there for quite long time. I have 2 GB (Transcend 1 GB x 2 Slots) 800 FSB RAM for my Desktop PC.Congratulation to you for having a new Laptop.

Regards

Fighter

Anybody tried windows 7. How is it.
I have convinced myself nothing is better than xp :D

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Actually just the customization part is complete, in 2-3 days i have to pay and then after 2 weeks i get the delivery.
The purpose of this thread is to get all your suggestion and advice.

Pintu

Anybody tried windows 7. How is it.
I have convinced myself nothing is better than xp :D
No Fighter , I have not tried it, but a Beta version is free for download I think. Yes I absolutely agree with you on that matter as I believe XP is best till now, though I am currently using Ubuntu free Linux Distribution.

Regards

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
congrats on your new lappie DS:113: ,

you would be soon shifting to XP if not 7 :dozey:
From my view Vista is a failed product. I used 7 but its just a upgrade to vista however suffers more or less the same fate. Many softwares like Adobe CS4.0, Maya 2009 and many games don't work properly. The are also many security in Vista and 7 but the biggest problem faced by both this OS is deallocation of memory, as i then to use the laptop for 12-14 hours at streach or it may be on for 3-4 days continously if i am downloading anything net then this OS tends to crash due to memory overflow. On the other hand XP is very stabe,secure and an old OS so it doesn't have many bugs but the main point it supports all software. The fact is i use Ubuntu to access DFI or browse net.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Cons:
1. Overheating problems have been reported.
2. Battery performance begins to dwindle after a few months.
3. Dell service sucks.
Not witnessed any overheating.
Battery performance is stellar, have had it for 3 months.
All non-dell owners seem to say this :blum3:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles