I am Chinese.I would like to know India.

di5yan

Welcome to DFI.

Will Chinese people will ever have the courage to overthrow CCP and install Democracy, or even something remotely close to it, where people's voice won't be silenced trough a barrel of a gun and tanks. I respect Chinese people and their culture, great civilization, great many inventions, but none of it came through oppression of its people.
that's the biggest misunderstanding of china. so called "democracy/freedom" are western value, based on christian. that's why i would say india isnt a standard democratic country because you are based on hinduism values.
as for china, we are confusiunism/buddism/taoism country. we reject any system which want to remove our own identity.
well, that's a big topic. but please dont judge china from the western media propogada. please come to china, and see what happens. you'll be shocked if your perception is based on bbc/cnn news.

di5yan

@mrshao What do you wanna know about India.

chinese have learn india for thousand years after buddism came to china. thousands chinese went to india to understand india, like xuanzhang, faxian, etc.

Last edited:

di5yan

How are bullet train journeys? Is xiaomi really that big?
firstly, train is the most important travel vehicle in china. it's cheaper and faster comparing to airplane and private cars.
the bullet trains are recent faster vehicles. the service can compare to airplane. it's also fast, and comfortable, safer too. i wish india can build the same service.
xiaomi is one of the biggest smart phone vendor in china. i heard its selling phone quit well in india. it's largest phone manufactor in the world last year. i think it's big enough.

Illusive

Country flag
that's the biggest misunderstanding of china. so called "democracy/freedom" are western value, based on christian. that's why i would say india isnt a standard democratic country because you are based on hinduism values.
as for china, we are confusiunism/buddism/taoism country. we reject any system which want to remove our own identity.
well, that's a big topic. but please dont judge china from the western media propogada. please come to china, and see what happens. you'll be shocked if your perception is based on bbc/cnn news.
Indian democracy is different than western democracy, don't know about taiwanese democracy but i don't think democracy ruins your culture, especially when China is mostly han. I don't see China through western prism, but China isn't a friend of India, so you will always find some bias.

di5yan

Welcome to DFI.
I've never visited China yet my friends tell me that normal cities and villages of China are just like ours.
Yet Chinese infrastructure is much better than ours.
What is daily routine of you guys?
What do you eat?
And I wanna know about daily dresses of Chinese people or they have left their traditional dresses.
Here in India, we eat more western food than our traditional recipes.
Most of our young population wears western clothing (specially boys) but old or mid age people still wear traditional.
china and india have no 1 & 2 populations in the world. both are developing countries. we share many common things. when i visited india villeage/cities, i completely feel familiar as if i'm working in a chinese city/villiage. china also have many cities/villiages with bad infrusture, though some bigger cities are better.

just like most indian, city guys work, eat sleep, no difference.
we have different diet between indian and chinese. but i suppose indians have different diet among yourselves too. that's same in china. people from different part of china, eat quite differently.

chinese tradition dress were changed after manchurian qing dynasty conquered china in 17 century. and chinese dress just like most countries after revolution in 1911. so, you wont see any tradition chinese dress today in china now.
one big misunderstanding is, the westerner thought that qing dynasty dress of 18/19 century was chinese traditional chinese dress.

i think most india are eating india food today, few western food.

di5yan

Indian democracy is different than western democracy, don't know about taiwanese democracy but i don't think democracy ruins your culture, especially when China is mostly han. I don't see China through western prism, but China isn't a friend of India, so you will always find some bias.
as i said, it's a big topic. one thing certain is, nobody can force china to act according to their purpose.

well, if india enjoy your democracy, just enjoy your life. it has nothing to do with china.

china/india both existed for thousands years peacefully. there's no reason for each other to be unfriendly.
please be careful to the western media propoganda. and i see indiatimes.com is copying most article about china from cnn/bbc.

as i said, we have no bias to india, where budda was born.

I_PLAY_BAD

You can ask me things about China.
By siding with Pakistan and providing weapons to it China clearly displays hostility towards India.
This very nature of bullying its neighbors is evident from China's foreign policy (as seen with Japan, Vietnam, Philippines).
Do you really think Pakistan is the answer for India ? "Let Indians and Pakistanis nuke each other, I will just support Pakistan until it happens" is China's thoughts. Strategy to eradicate the potential future competitor ?
I do not see China is an enemy but your Government's attitude towards India and the steps it takes to hurt our concerns is forcing Indian to view the Chinese with hostility.

no smoking

Country flag
I do not see China is an enemy but your Government's attitude towards India and the steps it takes to hurt our concerns is forcing Indian to view the Chinese with hostility.
Oh, really?

In 1998, Indian politicians and generals publicly claimed that India went to nuke because of China, not Pakistan, not US, but China, even though Chinese has never threatened India with nuke in any occasion.

Since 1990s, whenever a new Indian missile entered in service, Indian medias and Indian members in this forum happily discussed how far this new weapon can reach within China.

Since 2000s, every single weapons inducted by India forces would bring India's enthusiasm about its potential use against China.

Well, my friend, the matter of fact is: most of Indians in this forum (including you) are seeing China as an enemy.

sabari

as i said, it's a big topic. one thing certain is, nobody can force china to act according to their purpose.

well, if india enjoy your democracy, just enjoy your life. it has nothing to do with china.

china/india both existed for thousands years peacefully. there's no reason for each other to be unfriendly.
please be careful to the western media propoganda. and i see indiatimes.com is copying most article about china from cnn/bbc.

as i said, we have no bias to india, where budda was born.
My friend we have never considered Chinese as enemy .its Chinese who consider us as enemy .Chinese supplied ballistic missile to Pakistan which can carry nuke ,and also nuclear technology ,we would have retaliated by giving nuke to tiwan,viatnam.but we never done those.India had never invaded other country for last 2000 years .we never want to be a super power .why we need is peace stability within our country and with others

sabari

Oh, really?

In 1998, Indian politicians and generals publicly claimed that India went to nuke because of China, not Pakistan, not US, but China, even though Chinese has never threatened India with nuke in any occasion.

Since 1990s, whenever a new Indian missile entered in service, Indian medias and Indian members in this forum happily discussed how far this new weapon can reach within China.

Since 2000s, every single weapons inducted by India forces would bring India's enthusiasm about its potential use against China.

Well, my friend, the matter of fact is: most of Indians in this forum (including you) are seeing China as an enemy.
How could you say India as aggressive you give nuke tech with missile to Pakistan after 1972 info pak war .and things you see is just reaction for your action against India by supporting Pakistan. Does a weak country will fight the strong .in 1962 India is new county with not much military hard ware has started the war against Chinese is this your clame .ask your self you will no who is the aggressive

sabari

Oh, really?

How could you say India as aggressive you give nuke tech with missile to Pakistan after 1972 indo pak war .and things you see is just reaction for your action against India by supporting Pakistan. Does a weak country will fight the strong .in 1962 India is new county with not much military hard ware has started the war against Chinese is this your clame .ask your self you will no who is the aggressive

I_PLAY_BAD

Oh, really?

It is funny to see you rake up statements and policies which are decades old and obsolete today.

I agree that most of us see the Chinese as an enemy. Yes, we are threatened by your bullying and expansionist intentions.
India and China were not so hostile for many years after 1962 war. Why only in the last decade there is this much noise ?
1. China's bullying and confrontational foreign policy towards India.
2. China's covert and overt support of Pakistan pitching it against India.
3. China's plans to permanently retain Aksai chin and snatch Arunachal Pradesh.
4. Encircling India (String of pearls) for your strategic gain.

Tell me one thing, why did your a$$ burn when we sided with Japan on crucial situations. You will get what you give others. It is not going to stop either. As long as you continue to support Pakistan there will be hostility with China. As long as you dream of taking back Arunachal Pradesh there will be hostility. Me and my fellow countrymen do not hesitate to accept our hatred for Pakistan and China.

di5yan

well,another big topic about pakistan. it's complex than your thought.

as most chinese, we cannot distinguish an indian
from pakistanis. you guys look exactly same. chinese treat races by blood. basically, we think indian&pakistani are same race. w i

di5yan

you guys lived together for thansands years. and most of you actually share same ancestor. that means you are bloodly brothers. why suddenly you two cannot exist together after british left? think please.

di5yan

international relationship are not personal affair. dont be childish when you think about another country.that's the attitude when china treat india
while india host dalai lama who wants to split china. well, many younger indian students want to fight china and die for dalai lama. that's ok. it's personal affair. d

I_PLAY_BAD

well,another big topic about pakistan. it's complex than your thought.

as most chinese, we cannot distinguish an indian
from pakistanis. you guys look exactly same. chinese treat races by blood. basically, we think indian&pakistani are same race. w i
you guys lived together for thansands years. and most of you actually share same ancestor. that means you are bloodly brothers. why suddenly you two cannot exist together after british left? think please.
Well if the Chinese really think Indians and Pakistanis are brothers then you people must not come between us.
Rather you try to pitch one against the other for your strategic advantage.
Don't give lectures about the Chinese are peace loving and forward thinking and all that bull shit.
Even the Chinese came out of barbarians like all other humans. It is not that you people were born Lords.
We exactly know about the Chinese and what your Government is trying to accomplish in the short and long terms. Don't paint this forum with your false Chinese pride. Come to reality.

Brood Father

Country flag
Welcome to DFI !!!! Personally I don't care , whether you support Pakistan or not , its your personal affair as every nation has its own priority , just like ours when we endorse Vietnam , Japan .
All I want that India and China should co operate with each other against the power who want to control the world , becuase if we set apart our differences no one can compete us
Also I know that we both as a country are very mature countrt , that's why through bieng one of the most disturbed / disputed border we have no single bullet has been fired since more than 30 years
Hope we will increase our friendship and co ordination in days to come

Sylex21

Oh, really?
The Chinese should well know the difference between what a nation "says" and what it really "means". Saying "we feel threatened by a nuclear power next door" is just better for PR than "we have ambitions to be a great power. Remember the nuclear program was started right after China attacked India in 1962 and then developed a nuclear bomb. So for the time, it would also make sense defensively, to keep things even.

Range on a missile is linked with technological prowess and global great power status. Again it is easier to say "we want to match China", as this is less likely to alarm the west. But everyone from Pakistan to India to China, knows the real purpose is just national status and prestige. We could easily put nukes on a sub in a few years, if that was our primary real concern.

This is to appease the west a bit. America wishes for us to openly ally with Japan and the USA against China. We'd rather just give them some verbal bs from time to time, than actually take real actions against China. Otherwise they will be on our backs. Americans are always pushing their "with us or against us" mentality.

Rivals more than enemies. Currently the political interests of China and India are greatly opposed. India will gain more allying with the USA over China, as the USA is a far more powerful nation, leading an extremely powerful coalition currently. China also is the power next door. It is much easier to tolerate a great power USA 1000's of miles away. China also strongly supports Pakistan, some could argue without China, Pakistan would be nothing.

There are some very good reasons to be opposed to China as an Indian:
1. Gave Pakistan nuclear technology or at least greatly aided them, this allowed them to commit decades of terrorism against us, using the nuclear umbrella.
2. Pretty much provides Pakistan with most of its weapons and joint production projects
3. Invaded us in 1962, sure we had the forward policy but it was nothing compared to a full blown war/invasion.
4. China plays a lot more in South Asia, than India does in South East Asia. India also started trying to get involved in East Asia, much later, after China had provoked it in South Asia.

Despite all of this, we don't really see the Chinese as "enemies", in that we don't really dislike them as a people. In fact there is a lot to appreciate and admire about China. But our current geopolitics line up in such a way that we are currently rivals. Ideally it would be good to limit the rivalry to only certain fields and cooperate in things like business, medicine, space etc.. where there is no conflict of interests.

no smoking

Country flag
It is funny to see you rake up statements and policies which are decades old and obsolete today.

I agree that most of us see the Chinese as an enemy. Yes, we are threatened by your bullying and expansionist intentions.
So, now you admit that you see the Chinese as an enemy. There is nothing wrong about it, just let's be honesty to each other.

India and China were not so hostile for many years after 1962 war. Why only in the last decade there is this much noise ?
Again, let's be honesty to each other: India and China have always been such hostile after 1962 war, no more, no less. The only difference in the last decade was: both sides citizens got internet to face each other.

1. China's bullying and confrontational foreign policy towards India.
The simple facts that Dalai Lama sitting behind your protection and thousands Tibetan soldiers trained by your army make them tell us India has her own share of bullying and confrontational foreign policy towards China.

2. China's covert and overt support of Pakistan pitching it against India.
Yes, after publicly declare China as the target of every Indian weapons, are you blaming Chinese support of Pakistan?

3. China's plans to permanently retain Aksai chin and snatch Arunachal Pradesh.
Let me know when India changed her policy on permanently retaining Arunachal Pradesh and snatch Aksai Chin.

4. Encircling India (String of pearls) for your strategic gain.
How many Chinese military boats deploying there? How many Chinese fighter flying over this string of pearls? Are you suggesting Chinese is going to contain India with oil tankers and commercial cargo?

Tell me one thing, why did your a$$ burn when we sided with Japan on crucial situations. You will get what you give others. It is not going to stop either. As long as you continue to support Pakistan there will be hostility with China. As long as you dream of taking back Arunachal Pradesh there will be hostility. Me and my fellow countrymen do not hesitate to accept our hatred for Pakistan and China.
At least admit one thing: India is not a victim here.

di5yan

ok. again, i see all these childish accusatino towards china:
-china attacked india in 1962 without any reason
-china ally with pakistan while india do no harm to china
-china bully india in border everyday for no reason.

all these accusations show how innocent india was/is, and how evil china was/is.
is that really so simple? is india government really so naive ? NO!
it's big guys international game, not a kindergarden baby show.

the truth is, india government was/is acting smartly/craftily.

buddism always say, nothing is happen for no reason. you get something because you planted the seed.

cia smuggled dalai lama out of china in 1959 to revenge china kerea war in 1951.
india used dalai lama as an excuse on forward policy on the border
china fought back in 1962 to stop india forward policy
india ally with soviet union to count china.
china had no way but going to pakistan
pakistan get support from USA by its influence in islam world.
pakistan use china to balance the threat from india.

it's a game loop. nobody is innocent.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles