I am a Pakistani Indian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tronic

The Gentleman believes that Humans have multiple identities ergo Pakistan isn't the very antithesis of India. If that were the case then why the hate ? and the "2-nation" theory ? the divide ?
That hate and "2-nation" theory is the only thing which gives Pakistanis a common identity. But truth is, Pakistan's downfall to Indian cultural dominance was decided the day they adopted Urdu as their national language.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Aah! agree with you there completely. Thanks for explaining.

Look, there's nothing wrong with saying "Pakistanis were Indians at one point in time". They were Indians, they descended from Indians, they have Hindu Indian ancestry. As long as they say that, no one will have a problem with it, coz' that is the truth. However, it gets my goat when Pakis try to say that "they are also Indians in one sense". Lurkerbaba is right, they latch on to "South Asian pride" whenever India does something good. It makes my wild when Pakis pretend to be Indians abroad. We have nothing to do with them, they are Pakis and we are Indians, let us get that straight.

As far as "re-absorption" goes, anyone who suggests re-absorption is an enemy of India, whether Indian or Paki. If it is a Paki who says it he is an enemy and if it is an Indian who says it he is a traitor.

tramp

Again, you are misinterpreting the context in which he and others use the term 'Indian' - to understand it better keep in mind what I mentioned earlier, the increased emphasis on Pakistan's civilizational and cultural past of the IVC, Gandhara etc., and the usage of the terms 'Indian/India' in a historical regional context (similar to the term South Asia today).
I believe the fact that such thoughts get aired more readily nowadays (they must have been there even earlier) also shows a deeper internal faultline that is threatening to split Pakistan down the middle again. I would say that recent survey that showed most youngsters prefer military or sharia to democracy This split will only become more prominent in the coming months after the election.

LordOfTheUnderworlds

Country flag
All these articles coincide with the time when India's average per capita income has overtaken that of Pakistan which has happened very recently. But within a decade the difference will be more obvious when average Indian will have per capita income twice or thrice that of an average Pakistani, and Pakistan will have more than 25 crore people; majority of then uneducated/semieducated young men with raging hormones and no decent jobs. I can't imagine what kind of things I will get to read on pakistani websites after a decade.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
All these articles coincide with the time when India's average per capita income has overtaken that of Pakistan which has happened very recently. But within a decade the difference will be more obvious when average Indian will have per capita income twice or thrice that of an average Pakistani, and Pakistan will have more than 25 crore people; majority of then uneducated/semieducated young men with raging hormones and no decent jobs. I can't imagine what kind of things I will get to read on pakistani websites after a decade.
An Urban Indian owning some real estate is richer or more wealthy than an Average Westerner.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Again, you are misinterpreting the context in which he and others use the term 'Indian' - to understand it better keep in mind what I mentioned earlier, the increased emphasis on Pakistan's civilizational and cultural past of the IVC, Gandhara etc., and the usage of the terms 'Indian/India' in a historical regional context (similar to the term South Asia today).
Question comes to mind, what if Pakistan had evolved into a successful concept, would people have still talked about their Indian-ness as some have?

It isn't so much about the context per se, but the timing, as some have sighted, also the background, given the recent down the dumps phase. Also not forgetting, only recently have the Pakistani political class and the armed forces, alike, come to the view that Pakistan ought to have better trade relations with India.

Would this introspection have been there otherwise?

Though, might I add, a good phenomenon for more after reading such articles would start to develop a better understanding of things as they are, something that Pakistan has missed out on since it's inception. As they say, better late than never.

burbakMacchar

This problem of multiple identities tearing apart a person and by extension a country constituted of such individuals is rampant among people and nations following a monolithic ideology. The crisis stems from both the lack of an underlying fabric of morality, a lack of self-esteem and a thorough disregard for the feelings of others. One has to note that mere religiosity of a particular flavour did not prevent the Christian Europeans (and extension the Christians in the New World), the majorly Islamiized Middle East or even India/China/East Asia (the nations there in today) from fighting and bickering within itself - to leading to total bloodbath.

The lack of a commonality of purpose in face of all odds is thus necessary for a modern nation-state to persist. In the Indian context this had been the tenets of the astika (Buddhism, Jainism, Shramana etc.) philosophies ... ahimsa, karma, yoga. A thing to note is that with the Islamization - especially the more fundamentalist Deobandi/Wahhabi form current in Sunni orthodoxy since the past 200 years - this commonality essentially vanished. Leading to this situation. The more orthodox the Islamism the more deep the problem - syncretism like in sub-saharan africa, bangladesh or indonesia stabd a better chance. Pakistan has its syncretists but they are marginalized in the media and in the society - mostly poor people.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Question comes to mind, what if Pakistan had evolved into a successful concept, would people have still talked about their Indian-ness as some have?

It isn't so much about the context per se, but the timing, as some have sighted, also the background, given the recent down the dumps phase. Also not forgetting, only recently have the Pakistani political class and the armed forces, alike, come to the view that Pakistan ought to have better trade relations with India.

Would this introspection have been there otherwise?

Though, might I add, a good phenomenon for more after reading such articles would start to develop a better understanding of things as they are, something that Pakistan has missed out on since it's inception. As they say, better late than never.
Existential crisis comes in moments of extreme difficulty.

India saw very tough periods in its history, and yet it didn't suffer an identity crisis. The state, institutions, constitution have been same since the last 60 years.
Pakistan saw some roaring economic times, was dismembered, and then saw some very bad economic times. Their response to each of the crisis was re-invention, new constitution, forging of a new identity etc. At the same time the establishment was doing its own experiments

Ayub Khan tried his One Pakistan formula, Zulfikar Ali Bhutto was West vs East Pakistan, Zia-ul-Haq, Islamization, Sharif - Punjabi hegemony Musharraf - playing both sides, Zardari - Democracy without military rule.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned

lol,you are dreaming of something which we pakistanis had enjoyed for roughly 6 decades..

just recently indian media reported Indian per capita income to be 1283USD while our is above 1400

anyway look for an average 7% in the next 5 years

Well aik misaal hai

Jab ghareeb k bachay ko pyaar karo to wo shoes k sath godd main aa jata hay

this applies to this generation indians as well.

We pakistanis had a per capita almost twice,better growth rate,better environment infact trillions time better than being burnt alive each and every day in india but since the past decade we are in a mess now they think pak is left and will left so forever

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
i dont know why are you guys giving so much importance to this guy.
people like him existed in pakistan since 15 august 1947.they were and always be the one anti partition.

but they are very few..less than even 1 thousand.

It is not that the youth is getting this idea now.but the same old people of anti partition are repeating this

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
i dont know why are you guys giving so much importance to this guy.
people like him existed in pakistan since 15 august 1947.they were and always be the one anti partition.

but they are very few..less than even 1 thousand.

It is not that the youth is getting this idea now.but the same old people of anti partition are repeating this

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Don't make us laugh with these funny figures based on nothing.
well thousand indeed is a big figure.

indians jumping if over the fact that pakistanis has now realized that partition was not good is only there dream

we still have the same feeling about india and are not bound to live under anyone like our eastern neighbours were for slightly less than a dozen century

Pakistanis are independent people.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
well thousand indeed is a big figure.

indians jumping if over the fact that pakistanis has now realized that partition was not good is only there dream

we still have the same feeling about india and are not bound to live under anyone like our eastern neighbours were for slightly less than a dozen century

Pakistanis are independent people.
Who told you its thousand? Why not 990? Or 110000?

Don't present funny stats, figures unless you have valid source.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Who told you its thousand? Why not 990? Or 110000?

Don't present funny stats, figures unless you have valid source.
well this is based off my personal experience.i live in pakistan and atleast i know this.i mean i do have atleast a idea about this.

though i dont have any source about this

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
well this is based off my personal experience.i live in pakistan and atleast i know this.i mean i do have atleast a idea about this.

though i dont have any source about this
Your word count for nothing in absolute terms.

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
Your word count for nothing in absolute terms.
Majority Pakistanis think separation from India was justified: Gallup poll – The Express Tribune

92% of pakistani think Partition was good.

the rest i am sure dont know the ground realities about india other than watching bollywood movies.

i am sure if i give them just 3 mins of lecture on subject india.not only them but in future they will advise the rest of pakistanis to not even think of partition was wrong even as dreaming

just 3 min of my lecture on india will change there minds forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles