I am a Pakistani Indian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnostic Muslim

Now slowly Pakis realising that the idea of Pakistan failed and therefore trying to claim Indianness in them. Let's see how well this will fly among Indians or even among his fellow Pakistanis.
You are reading too much into the article - Yusuf got closer to the gist of it - this is not a 'rediscovering of some ancient unified Indian identity', it is more of a continuation of the attempt to counter 'wahabi based extremism' by highlighting Pakistan's civilizational roots going back to the IVC, Gandhara etc. as well as her 'Sufi/Barelvi' (vs Deobandi/Wahabi) Islamic roots.

The author, with his repeated references to his Pakistani identity, makes clear that he is not forsaking the idea of Pakistan as much as he is trying to define it in a more comprehensive manner that takes into account the non-Islamic and Islamic past and present.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
What is so Indian about the Pakistanis after all?

I am sure, a couple of liberals aren't going to decide for the majority, a majority which by the Indian standards is pretty much extremist!

The phrase, Pakistani Indian, personifies an admission of a failure of a state called Pakistan.

Agnostic Muslim

The phrase, Pakistani Indian, personifies an admission of a failure of a state called Pakistan.
Again, you are misinterpreting the context in which he and others use the term 'Indian' - to understand it better keep in mind what I mentioned earlier, the increased emphasis on Pakistan's civilizational and cultural past of the IVC, Gandhara etc., and the usage of the terms 'Indian/India' in a historical regional context (similar to the term South Asia today).

tramp

Anyways, Pakistani Indian should rank as the funniest oxymoron of the last 100 years! Or should he have said Indian Pakistani?

Illusive

Country flag
The Idea of India is unity in diversity, Pakis are killing whatever diversity is left in that country, they again fail to realize its not just culture similarity, its the acceptance of each other even after being different what makes us Indian which pakis clearly didnt wish to be part of, then how can they be Indian.

Das ka das

Tihar Jail
Banned
Yeah Pakis are very Indian, proof is here:

More Pakistani youth would prefer Islamic law or military rule than democracy, a survey suggests.

More than half of 5,000 18-29 year-old Pakistanis polled said democracy had not been good for them or the country.

Some 94% said Pakistan was going in the wrong direction, up from 50% in 2007, the British Council survey found.

Almost a third of registered voters in Pakistan are under 30 years old, and are expected to play a big part in a general election due in May.

When asked to pick the best political system, both Sharia and military rule were favoured over democracy.

The survey points towards a pessimistic generation, disenchanted with democracy after five years of civilian rule, says the BBC's Orla Guerin in Islamabad.

Most of those surveyed had more faith in the army than any other institution.

Approval ratings for the military were about 70% compared with just 13% for the government.

A quarter of respondents said they had been directly affected by violence, or had witnessed a serious violent event.

That figure rose to more than 60% in the tribal areas bordering Afghanistan.

The greatest concern for most was rising prices, not terrorism: Almost 70% said they were worse off now than five years ago.

While many young people are registered to vote, less than half of those surveyed said they were certain they would do so.

BBC News - Pakistani youth 'cool on democracy'

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
More than 65 years after its creation, Pakistanis are still in search of an identity and a functioning political system. No Indians I know wonder about or have debates with each other about "India ka matlab kya" or what is their true identity. :lol:

If this is not the definition of a failed state, I don't know what is. :rolleyes:

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Pakistanis are clever breed. When they get dollars in their pockets they wear shiny (diplomat's) jackets and enjoy, when they gets weapons they show their bravado, when they get humiliated they pretend Indians.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
More than 65 years after its creation, Pakistanis are still in search of an identity and a functioning political system. No Indians I know wonder about or have debates with each other about "India ka matlab kya" or what is their true identity. :lol:

If this is not the definition of a failed state, I don't know what is. :rolleyes:
There is no day when they do not discuss India; good, bad, ugly or funny on their channels.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
You are reading too much into the article - Yusuf got closer to the gist of it - this is not a 'rediscovering of some ancient unified Indian identity', it is more of a continuation of the attempt to counter 'wahabi based extremism' by highlighting Pakistan's civilizational roots going back to the IVC, Gandhara etc. as well as her 'Sufi/Barelvi' (vs Deobandi/Wahabi) Islamic roots.
The author, with his repeated references to his Pakistani identity, makes clear that he is not forsaking the idea of Pakistan as much as he is trying to define it in a more comprehensive manner that takes into account the non-Islamic and Islamic past and present.
Again, you are misinterpreting the context in which he and others use the term 'Indian' - to understand it better keep in mind what I mentioned earlier, the increased emphasis on Pakistan's civilizational and cultural past of the IVC, Gandhara etc., and the usage of the terms 'Indian/India' in a historical regional context (similar to the term South Asia today).

1. The Two Nation Theory was based on differences between Muslims and Hindus(Natives/Indian).Jinnah terms the divide between Muslims and Hindus so great, that they were infact two different nations.

2. The Hindu/Indian/Native Culture of today has its roots in IVC and the land. The Pakistani identity comes from Islamic and Foreign Roots.

3. The Muslims could've been settled anywhere because their identity was based on their religion. It is an co-incidence that Muslims outnumbered Hindus in some districts and therefore Pakistanis got the site of IVC within their geographic limits.

In case Pakistan didn't have IVC within their boundaries, their claim to it would've been perhaps a tad bit more preposterous than their present claim.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

Sometimes it is easier to have an identity not on the basis of what one is, but on the basis of what one is not.

So whatever India is, Pakistan is not. And whatever Pakistan is, India is not.

srikanth

@Indians

The author doesn't deserve all this. He is the one of the most sensible peopl in Pakistan. @Author Please accept my apologies for Indians behavior.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Pakistanis were Indians before 1947, whether you or any paki deny it doesn't really matter, history will not change. Unless you want to pervert history like the pakis have done, that is.

Re-absorption of pakis in India is a different debate, where I agree with you would be the worst case scenario.
Look, there's nothing wrong with saying "Pakistanis were Indians at one point in time". They were Indians, they descended from Indians, they have Hindu Indian ancestry. As long as they say that, no one will have a problem with it, coz' that is the truth. However, it gets my goat when Pakis try to say that "they are also Indians in one sense". Lurkerbaba is right, they latch on to "South Asian pride" whenever India does something good. It makes my wild when Pakis pretend to be Indians abroad. We have nothing to do with them, they are Pakis and we are Indians, let us get that straight.

As far as "re-absorption" goes, anyone who suggests re-absorption is an enemy of India, whether Indian or Paki. If it is a Paki who says it he is an enemy and if it is an Indian who says it he is a traitor.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
2. The Hindu/Indian/Native Culture of today has its roots in IVC and the land. The Pakistani identity comes from Islamic and Foreign Roots.

3. The Muslims could've been settled anywhere because their identity was based on their religion. It is an co-incidence that Muslims outnumbered Hindus in some districts and therefore Pakistanis got the site of IVC within their geographic limits.

In case Pakistan didn't have IVC within their boundaries, their claim to it would've been perhaps a tad bit more preposterous than their present claim.
Well said. Pakistanis who talk about "Indus Valley civilization" having something to do with their culture are retarded.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
What one must keep in mind that such articles have been coming only recently only when Pakistan is in dumps. Otherwise, there was no such sounds even a year ago. Certain people in Pakistan are coming to the conclusion that Pakistan will remain a failed state as long as the identity crisis that they face is not resolved. They strongly believed in Islam as their identity but it has failed them with its fanaticism and now they are latching to Indianness as that is their last crutch that will save them some face because Islam has certainly failed to do so.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
The author got our attention, what is next for him? A fatwa to be issued by "Lal Topi Wala". We all know the historical facts and no body can change that no matter how one wraps their words. Let us move on to building better India for all of her citizens and let them get stewed in the inferior soup of thoughts.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
The author got our attention, what is next for him? A fatwa to be issued by "Lal Topi Wala". We all know the historical facts and no body can change that no matter how one wraps their words. Let us move on to building better India for all of her citizens and let them get stewed in the inferior soup of thoughts.
Exactly my point - we should have a single-minded focus on development and economic growth of our own country India, BUT we should ensure that we have massive fences that keep them out - both physically and metaphorically.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
Exactly my point - we should have a single-minded focus on development and economic growth of our own country India, BUT we should ensure that we have massive fences that keep them out - both physically and metaphorically.
As suggested by me earlier about the need to focus on our economy internally and externally as well. We also have to build out defense industrial complex to meet the challenges which are staring at us from east and west. I personally think we should get more aggressive and demand withdrawal of enemy forces or face the consequences.

bose

Country flag
The writer belongs to the tiny group of right thinking people within Pakistan. This write-up manifests the realization of the fallacy of two nation theory and nationhood build upon the hate for other religions...

A nation build on the founding principle of hate rate to mankind, is bound to go down the drain, it simply cannot survive in a civilized manner. Previously there were evil Hindus & Sikhs and now the Shias and Ahmadi's.

Although we Indian have to pay a very heavy price in terms of human lives for the separation of so called Pakistan, I personally believe that it was good for us Indian in the long run, and it would have been un manageable to govern properly with type of blackmailing from Muslim league peoples on every other day.

SilentKiller

Country flag

Great reply to all pakistani's who are still unwilling to accept that their ship is sinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles